Create an account

Poll: How interested are you in the project, and would you be willing to contribute? Please read the linked thread before voting!
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I'm interested and willing to contribute, both by creating new content and porting existing assets.
0%
0 0%
I'm interested and willing to contribute, but only by porting existing assets.
20.00%
1 20.00%
I am interested but not willing to contribute.
0%
0 0%
Not interested.
80.00%
4 80.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cyberpunk mod for TheDarkMod: Plans & Contribution feedback

First of all, my apologies for how long this has taken: I have been busy with a few other projects and mods, and just now got around to this project once again.

I return with great news: All of the Xonotic characters have been fully ported to The Dark Mod as of today, meaning the first major step has now been taken! The models have been fully rigged (including face rigging where applicable), contain fully working materials (diffuse / specular / normal maps + customizable shirt / glow colors + masked cubemap reflections), and base character definitions. I decided to call the set Troopers, which is divided between 3 categories: Cyborgs (Megaerebus, Erebus, Nyx, Terminus, Termina), Humans (Ignis, Seraphina, Pyria, Umbra), Aliens (Gak, Draconi, Draconia).

I ultimately chose to name the mod The Dark Module, as I found this a name that accurately describes it while also sounding futuristic and integrating nicely with The Dark Mod. It is available on Gitlab... not Github as they have smaller repository limits, and the final mod is expected to hit several gigabytes in size (already it has 421 MB). The repository will contain each component in a subdirectory ending in pk4dir, following the same naming scheme as vanilla TDM pk4's (using the tdmu prefix). To get the components working, each pk4dir directory has to be converted into a pk4 zip archive and moved into the base TDM directory... I plan to create a Linux shell script to automate this process later, until then it must be done manually. The test map I'm using is also not included, you'll have to make your own map until I decide to create an official FM showcasing the mod later on.

Dark Module repository

Here are a few screenshots displaying the characters in their final forms. Note that the white shirt / pants color can be customized via the _color spawnarg on the entity.

http://imgur.com/a/S2lNr

[Image: 6H0KBvb.jpg]
[Image: PSO4VaT.jpg]
[Image: giOdinf.jpg]
[Image: D6UpY7U.jpg]
[Image: b9yUgEC.jpg]
[Image: ZShiOmn.jpg]
[Image: 7HEosPK.jpg]
[Image: eVbFVvi.jpg]
[Image: 8orAai4.jpg]
[Image: bBKN7iB.jpg]
[Image: 6SXKJKU.jpg]
[Image: uF39ozs.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cyberpunk mod for TheDarkMod: Plans & Contribution feedback - by MirceaKitsune - 05-07-2017, 04:23 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quake 3 mod for Minecraft neXus 2 696 02-20-2024, 02:09 AM
Last Post: Frombleasome2004
  Potentially great coop Zombie shooter as a Xonotic mod? poVoq 0 3,808 02-17-2014, 11:45 AM
Last Post: poVoq
  Underhell (mod) frostwyrm333 0 2,765 09-09-2013, 11:59 AM
Last Post: frostwyrm333
  Wow... Sapience mod trailer rocknroll237 7 6,298 04-27-2012, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Maddin
  How do i make a Darkplaces Mod? SkyHookers 1 4,672 10-25-2010, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Cortez666