Create an account

Poll: How interested are you in the project, and would you be willing to contribute? Please read the linked thread before voting!
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I'm interested and willing to contribute, both by creating new content and porting existing assets.
0%
0 0%
I'm interested and willing to contribute, but only by porting existing assets.
20.00%
1 20.00%
I am interested but not willing to contribute.
0%
0 0%
Not interested.
80.00%
4 80.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cyberpunk mod for TheDarkMod: Plans & Contribution feedback

As I prepare to implement the Combat Knife (Short Sword replacement) and Police Baton (Blackjack replacement) now that the basis of the Compound Bow are there, I figured I'd share another part of the plan that's going to come up soon in my fork.

Similarly to vanilla TDM, I plan to have a base story (cities, factions, characters, etc) meant to be expanded upon by each individual fan mission (unless they go with a fully original background which is of course okay). Now that the Xonotic cast was ported and is in usable condition, I've been thinking of how to divide each of the characters into factions. After pondering upon what would make the most sense, who should be the ally or enemy of who, so on and so forth... I've come up with a structure I'm confident will sit well. I figured I'd share it for critique, in case anyone can suggest any changes or better names and the like. First of all the model references, use these with the screenshots above to tell who is who:
  • Umbra / Pyria: The skinny female and the person wearing a thin mask covering their face.
  • Ignis / Seraphina: The male and female humans in the thick suit, both come in masked and unmasked variants.
  • Megaerebus / Erebus / Nyx: The heavily armored cyborgs with round heads.
  • Terminus / Termina: The heavily armored cyborgs with pointy heads, as well as hoses connected between their limbs and torsos.
  • Gak: The green aliens with flat faces and antennae, they come in masked and unmasked variants.
  • Draconi: The yellow aliens with horns that look like humanoid lizards.
So without further delay, this is how I decided to divide them into groups and factions so far:
  • Umbra:
  1. Description: The Umbra was created as a secret government agency, typically specialized in top level espionage and assassination missions. Upon discovering evidence of government corruption, members of the faction slowly rebelled. Today only a few Umbra exist, hiding in the shadows and plotting to take down the government.
  2. Alliance: Pro-government (if the action takes place in the past) or anti-government (if the action takes place in the future). If the action takes place during the time of the revelations, the Umbra betray the government and change alliance during the mission. Neutral toward Draconi, may be persuaded to form an alliance. The player is part of this faction, all Umbra are the player's colleagues.
  3. Models: Umbra, Pyria
  4. Color: White
  • Police:
  1. Description: The city police force, occasionally hired as guards by government agencies in areas of special interest. Responds to the government, by which it is tasked to maintain public order and enforce curfew hours.
  2. Alliance: Strongly pro-government. Sides with or against the Umbra and player based on their stance toward the government (see above). Will always attack Draconi, except for traitors who choose to serve the government. Some local police forces may rarely desert against the government upon proof of corruption.
  3. Models: Ignis, Seraphina
  4. Color: Blue
  • Terminus Troopers:
  1. Description: The Terminus project is the result of a government experiment, who's aim was creating an army of superhuman soldiers. Their very existence is a secret and known only by a select few. They are tasked to guard secret government bases and objectives, as well as carrying out secret military operations and territorial occupations. Due to high expenses and the medical implications of the procedure, relatively few Terminus troopers exist.
  2. Alliance: Strictly pro-government. Sides with or against the Umbra and player based on their stance toward the government (see above). Will always attack Draconi, except for traitors who choose to serve the government. Always aids the police, with the exception of police forces that desert against the government.
  3. Models: Terminus, Termina
  4. Color: Red
  • Cerulean Guard:
  1. Description: Cerulean Guard is a security firm for hire, allowing groups to hire their specialized troopers as guards to defend their locations. Favored by the government, Cerulean Guard is subject to strict regulation and typically hired only by lawful firms and rich people. Their troopers are partially augmented, using older technology from the Terminus project called Erebus, which was released to the company by the government upon being obsoleted by newer augmentation technology. They are the competitor of Transgenic Security, although they typically serve rich and / or lawful groups in contrast. Note: The name Cerulean was chosen as a tribute to DeusEx - The Nameless Mod, which contains a faction for hire called Cerulean Security.
  2. Alliance: Independent, each group serves the faction it was hired by. If ever given freedom of choice, they are most likely to side with the government.
  3. Models: Megaerebus, Erebus, Nyx
  4. Color: Cyan
  • Transgenic Security:
  1. Description: Transgenic Security is the largest corporation dealing in genetic engineering. They produce semi-sapient creatures with high physical strength, which are sold to other groups who use them as security guards or to establish private armies. The company isn't seen well by the government and operates at the limit of legality, being the favorite choice of shadowy organizations in need of mercenaries thanks to lax legal requirements and cheap prices. Their only successful creature remains the Gak, after the company's failure to produce a stable Draconi (see below). They are the competitor of Cerulean Guard, although they typically serve poor and / or unlawful groups in contrast.
  2. Alliance: Independent, each group serves the faction it was hired by. If ever given freedom of choice, they are most likely to side with the Draconi.
  3. Models: Gak
  4. Color: Lime
  • Draconi:
  1. Description: The Draconi were genetically engineered by Transgenic Security, and intended as a newer and improved version of the Gak. Due to their higher sapience and increased intelligence, the Draconi soon realized they're being used as slave guards by the humans, and decided to rebel and form their own faction. Upon taking over several Transgenic Security laboratories, Draconi have been able to continue their own production and create improved versions of themselves. The race has vowed revenge against both Transgenic Security and the government, although they harbor no ill intent toward ordinary civilians and groups that don't aid the government. Draconi are considered a public safety hazard and are actively hunted down by police, who are often overpowered by the creatures and unable to face them. Draconi usually live in poorer parts of the city, or the sewers and obscure alleys around the richer parts.
  2. Alliance: Anti-government, will also attack all police. Neutral toward other factions, will usually not attack unless provoked. Occasionally makes alliances with other anti-government groups, and may be persuaded to join the Umbra and player in the right conditions. On rare occasions, some Draconi may betray the group and work as special forces for the government (alongside Terminus).
  3. Models: Draconi
  4. Color: Gold

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cyberpunk mod for TheDarkMod: Plans & Contribution feedback - by MirceaKitsune - 02-10-2018, 04:23 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quake 3 mod for Minecraft neXus 2 700 02-20-2024, 02:09 AM
Last Post: Frombleasome2004
  Potentially great coop Zombie shooter as a Xonotic mod? poVoq 0 3,808 02-17-2014, 11:45 AM
Last Post: poVoq
  Underhell (mod) frostwyrm333 0 2,767 09-09-2013, 11:59 AM
Last Post: frostwyrm333
  Wow... Sapience mod trailer rocknroll237 7 6,300 04-27-2012, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Maddin
  How do i make a Darkplaces Mod? SkyHookers 1 4,672 10-25-2010, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Cortez666