Create an account

Poll: How interested are you in the project, and would you be willing to contribute? Please read the linked thread before voting!
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I'm interested and willing to contribute, both by creating new content and porting existing assets.
0%
0 0%
I'm interested and willing to contribute, but only by porting existing assets.
20.00%
1 20.00%
I am interested but not willing to contribute.
0%
0 0%
Not interested.
80.00%
4 80.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cyberpunk mod for TheDarkMod: Plans & Contribution feedback

Since I'm going for a detailed interactive world, I decided I'll want at least 4 melee weapons available. As the defs and animations were already done and all I had to do was make a copy and swap the models, it took me only a day to implement 2 extra variants. Normally I'd have considered even more melee objects, however I'm still using the idTech 4 weapon catalog which is limited to 16 definitions and there will also be 8 arrow types for the Compound Bow, thus I'm sticking to 4 until later when a grid inventory may be implemented.
Git now features a Baseball Bat (alternative to the Police Baton) and a Crowbar (alternative to the Combat Knife). The bat + crowbar will be the melee set of thugs and militias, whereas the baton + knife will be the arsenal of police and troopers. Currently there are no differences between the variants, but I plan to tweak the settings to make each one slightly unique. The binds are defined as follows:
  • def_weapon1 baseballbat
  • def_weapon2 policebaton
  • def_weapon3 crowbar
  • def_weapon4 combatknife
  • def_weapon5 nano_simple
The crowbar model was made by me whereas the baseball bat was created by Duion, both licensed CC0:
https://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/66593

Obligatory screenshots below. The next step is to tweak the new weapons and do potential cleanups, then I should be able to setup a new HUD. Once that's out of the way, I may begin considering porting my old City map for Xonotic, which I'll be using to showcase the mod using an original FM.

[Image: aNuXGbf.jpg]
[Image: BeIfNuR.jpg]
[Image: YIpwARr.jpg]
[Image: M3p3zha.jpg]
[Image: g3LURio.jpg]
[Image: ujFWmv4.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cyberpunk mod for TheDarkMod: Plans & Contribution feedback - by MirceaKitsune - 02-15-2018, 05:37 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quake 3 mod for Minecraft neXus 2 694 02-20-2024, 02:09 AM
Last Post: Frombleasome2004
  Potentially great coop Zombie shooter as a Xonotic mod? poVoq 0 3,807 02-17-2014, 11:45 AM
Last Post: poVoq
  Underhell (mod) frostwyrm333 0 2,765 09-09-2013, 11:59 AM
Last Post: frostwyrm333
  Wow... Sapience mod trailer rocknroll237 7 6,298 04-27-2012, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Maddin
  How do i make a Darkplaces Mod? SkyHookers 1 4,672 10-25-2010, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Cortez666