Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dual Monitors - Forward and Backward Looking

I have two identical Dell 19" monitors. Normally I have the display extended across both displays but on running the game I get a mirrored display. While playing I simply turn one of them off.

My question is this - is it possible to set up my displays so that I have one monitor (can be either one, they're identical) working as normal while the other shows a view that is rotated 180 degrees about the vertical axis?

In other words, I want to be able to see what's behind me on the other monitor.

I don't need any HUD elements like the timer, ammo, health etc. All of that is clearly visible on the primary screen. Simply being able to see what's coming up behind me would be awesome.

Disclaimer to protect myself: I know some (maybe all) of the hardcore players will tell me that I need to develop the skills to be able to play without needing this and I agree. This is just something that's really cool and would put an otherwise idle monitor to good use.

Thanks!

Nope, the renderer doesn't do that. Sorry.

(05-22-2012, 09:51 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Nope, the renderer doesn't do that. Sorry.

Well thank goodness for that.

That would make you unbeatable!

NO WAI!

Wink
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

(05-22-2012, 09:51 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Nope, the renderer doesn't do that. Sorry.

I'd laugh if you were just saying that to stop him from doing it... Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FoV config for spanning multiple monitors Malvineous 7 9,562 04-20-2012, 03:58 AM
Last Post: Rage_ATWM