Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boxing for cancer research UK

Hi guys,

I know this isn't anything to do with Xonotic however I thought I would post it in the off-topic section, as I want to try get as many people aware as possible.

On the 14th November I will be taking part in a charity boxing event (UWCB) to help raise money for Cancer Research UK.

I have a justgiving page set up, if anyone feels like donating to a good cause or just wants to donate to see me get punched in the face, either is good - a dream come true for some of you I'm sure!

The fight will be professionally recorded and go on youtube also.

You can type in my name ( Craig Clayton) in the search bar at www.justgiving.com

Should find me, it will say UWCB - Hull underneath my name. Smile

If your wondering what UWCB is you can find more infor here:

https://www.ultrawhitecollarboxing.co.uk/

Hope this doesn't break any rules of the forum mods.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Sweet. I hope you get the KO
[Image: 38443.png]

Hope you don't get too much hits in the head, one of the sports most dangerous for the brain lol

Seriously though glhf! I'm actually training boxing casually (no sparring just for the exercise) and for a few years I practiced martial arts (taekwando and judo), it's damn fun sports and teaches good discipline.

(09-05-2015, 04:36 PM)machine! Wrote: Hope you don't get too much hits in the head, one of the sports most dangerous for the brain lol

Seriously though glhf! I'm actually training boxing casually (no sparring just for the exercise) and for a few years I practiced martial arts (taekwando and judo), it's damn fun sports and teaches good discipline.

I'm training already in my own time, I have done the training before so I know what to expect Smile. One of my work colleagues used to box as an amateur (and quite a good one at that), so going to be doing some training sessions with him and sparring..as much sparring as possible and working on my fitness!

Well, to help cancer research in UK, I think the first priority would be to not sack active cancer researchers. ^^

Joking aside, this is serious stuff. Awaiting certain death enfeebled every day is just fucked up. I don't know what is the current status of the research but I hope the charity will help the progress.

Will there be any videos of you kojn btw?
[Image: OYvkngZ.png] I'm woky on IRC.

Yea Shogun Assassin, all the fight's on the night will be recorded with a HD camera/camcorder (GoPro one I believe). They'll go on youtube afterwards at some point, I will link to the fight once it's done and up Smile

Six week's training left to go!

I will be expecting a frag movie out of the footage

Just an update, I won tonight! Smile Was a hard work he made me work very hard, he was a lot better then I expected. Once I get the fight I'll upload it to youtube Smile

Nice Smile , looking forward to see it!

Video 
Here is my fight as promised!

After 8 weeks of training and catching the flu one week before fight night.

Which one are you? You look kinda the same with boxing glove prints all over your face

I'm in the red Smilecythe.

Ugh getting the flu a week before the fight must've sucked. Nice job on the win though. It must've felt good!
[Image: 38443.png]

(12-07-2015, 07:15 AM)kojn^ Wrote: I'm in the red Smilecythe.
Yup, found out at the end (from who won) would have been cool to know who to cheer for Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] I need Assistance to complete my research paper vahidtoon 2 3,666 08-04-2017, 02:33 AM
Last Post: vahidtoon