Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
distribute xonotic

Hi.
I wish distribute xonotic as one of server installation for the VPS into Confiared.
To have an easy way to play with low latency in Bolivia.
I can do it?
Cheers,
Developer of [Image: ultracopier-16x16.png]Ultracopier/[Image: supercopier-16x16.png]Supercopier and of the game [Image: catchchallenger-16x16.png]CatchChallenger

Hello so you want to setup a server to have low latency?

I can't help you to get it on your server but here is some stuff about it that could help you:
https://github.com/xonotic/xonotic/wiki/...figuration
https://www.xonotic.org/faq/#server-setup

I want to ask your permission to add xonotic server as a possible installation in our VPS, with all simple to use: install and play. Can i do it?
Developer of [Image: ultracopier-16x16.png]Ultracopier/[Image: supercopier-16x16.png]Supercopier and of the game [Image: catchchallenger-16x16.png]CatchChallenger

What is the best way to compile a server on Aarch64 (ARMv8 64Bits)? because the full game is some GB...
I found nothing about that's on wiki
Cheers,

(07-19-2018, 01:22 PM)alpha_one_x86 Wrote: What is the best way to compile a server on Aarch64 (ARMv8 64Bits)? because the full game is some GB...
Cheers,

I'm not sure about compilation on ARM, but to reduce the size of git checkout you can 

1. Disable music, maps and netradiant repos. Run commands before running the initial ./all update: 

Code:
touch xonotic/data/xonotic-music.pk3dir.no
touch xonotic/netradiant.no
touch xonotic/data/xonotic-maps.pk3dir.no

Note: after removing the maps repo you'll need to put maps from the release or autobuild archive (file named xonotic-*-maps.pk3) to your data directory

2. Remove all graphics and textures from xonotic-data.pk3dir directory. (All files from textures dir, all images and sound files)

3. After the compilation is done you can also remove .git subdirectores from all repos, this will also save you quite some space.

(07-20-2018, 01:58 AM)morosophos Wrote:
(07-19-2018, 01:22 PM)alpha_one_x86 Wrote: What is the best way to compile a server on Aarch64 (ARMv8 64Bits)? because the full game is some GB...
Cheers,

I'm not sure about compilation on ARM, but to reduce the size of git checkout you can 

1. Disable music, maps and netradiant repos. Run commands before running the initial ./all update: 

Code:
touch xonotic/data/xonotic-music.pk3dir.no
touch xonotic/netradiant.no
touch xonotic/data/xonotic-maps.pk3dir.no

Note: after removing the maps repo you'll need to put maps from the release or autobuild archive (file named xonotic-*-maps.pk3) to your data directory

2. Remove all graphics and textures from xonotic-data.pk3dir directory. (All files from textures dir, all images and sound files)

3. After the compilation is done you can also remove .git subdirectores from all repos, this will also save you quite some space.

../../../jpeg.c:41:10: fatal error: jpeglib.h: No such file or directory

#include <jpeglib.h>

Then the server dedicated, to be distributed bettter, as in ours VPS need:
- minimal deep, drop libjpeg, .... all linked with UI, useless for dedicated server
- clear minimal procedure for dedicated server only
- drastically down the size

Cheers

I worked with someone a while back to reduce the size of server-only installs. Here is what I sent him, script-wise: https://gist.github.com/antzucaro/7ab514...7c088b378/

Credit for this goes to packer, who had already automated what we were essentially doing manually.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Would be great if such "stripped" builds were provided officially...