Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Preparation: what's your nationality / native language?

Hello everyone!!0|\|30|\|3

I wanted to create a public poll to let us find out who's what nationality and what languages people here know.

If this poll will be a hit, I will ask for making a sub-forum for national chats in native languages.

Right now I'am just asking everyone to post his/her nationality/native language so I can form the most effective poll on that.

The reason is there are too many nationalities/languages there to put them all in the poll. I have to find out at most 40 top nationalities of people here to make this poll as effective as possible.

If you want to make your nationality/language considered in the poll but not shown to everybody - send me a PM about that instead of posting here, or tell someone you trust to post your nationality so you'll still be anonymous.

I consider English a base language anyway so I don't count that Smile And I care only for primary languages, the one you know the best and would like to maybe see the game featuring a translation into it and/or forum having special places.

Lemme start:

POLAND / POLISH

Ranking (primary languages):

11 German
7 French
5 Polish
5 Russian
3 Italian
3 Finnish
3 Spanish
3 Swedish
2 Greek
1 Dutch
1 Basque
2 Hungarian
1 Malay
1 Portuguese
1 Romanian
1 Bavarian
1 Hebrew
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Nationality: United States
Native language: English and it's many butchered forms
Other languages: don't know any second languages at the moment

Don't really think this post matters since this whole board is in English anyway Tongue
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Germany / German (, English)

BUT

First of all I think you won't get a subforum here for any language/country and also not for every language/country. Besides that I guess there are only english speaking people (main language anyway) from USA/UK or german speaking people from Germany/Austria/Switzerland here, which are more than, lets say, 10 for each language. I don't think here are 10 people from France or Poland for example. But hell I might be wrong. Tongue

(10-26-2010, 06:08 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: Don't really think this post matters since this whole board is in English anyway Tongue
Yeah, you don't count Big Grin

(10-26-2010, 06:22 AM)Mirio Wrote: Germany / German (, English)

BUT

First of all I think you won't get a subforum here for any language/country and also not for every language/country. Besides that I guess there are only english speaking people (main language anyway) from USA/UK or german speaking people from Germany/Austria/Switzerland here, which are more than, lets say, 10 for each language. I don't think here are 10 people from France or Poland for example. But hell I might be wrong. Tongue
I hope there are Smile I know that a lot people from French, Germany and Poland plays Nexuiz, maybe if we have forums for those, we could advertise the forum in Nexuiz/Xonotic, so they could come here Smile
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Nationality: Française
Native language: Français
Other languages: "butchered forms of very bad English "

I was the administrator with Wii-Wii and Ronan of the French Nexuiz Forum. If I remember well, we got at least 10 actives people in here.
I can relay the english news in french is you create a french sub-forum.

The thing is, A LOT of french don't know the english, we are very bad to learn foreign language. I think a lot of french want to be inform of the last Xonotic, but they can't.
People from Germany or Poland are better than us in english.

On the DCC's Nexuiz server I think there is about 25% of french players.
Awesome, did Qz show you that ?
Nexuiz : I Reach the top5 of the ladder (even top3 I guess). Top1 French for quite some time (when active) of ladder. Top5 of some tournaments (if I remember well)

Holland, Dutch
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

Thumbs Up 
Thanks, PGP_Qz. You shared valuable info!

Yes a lot of them play Nexuiz but they are not here. Maybe because of the lack of english skills.
Idea Idea: Maybe we could publish news at the Xonotic homepage in different languages (the most that are used here). I guess there are enough people who would translate it. Smile

second Polish guy reporting in Smile
other languages? English and some basic vocabulary in German. Also i can count to ten in French. And to five in Italian Tongue
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

Nationality: English
Native Language: English
Other Languages: French & Spanish (but not fluent)

@Kuniu The Frogg - 'Onze' now you can count to 11 Wink

Nationality: Spanish
Main language: Spanish
Other languages: French and English
Xonotic player
[BOT] member

Nationality: White
Main language: English
Other languages: Bad engish
<[-z-]> have you seen the documentary "happy"?
<Samual_> no
<Samual_> it sounds horrible

(10-26-2010, 10:04 AM)Liquid Sin Wrote: Nationality: White

lolwut?

Anyway,
UK / English
Other languages: French, Japanese (though I don't think there's a lot of demand for Xonotic over there!)
[Image: 370.png] AKA [~] John Smith on Nexuiz

Germany - German (, English)

Nationality: Finland
Native language: Finnish
Other languages: English, Swedish and little German (I've forgotten most of it :/ )

Nationality: Germany,
Native language: german,
Other languages: english, french, some spanish

France/french.
Secondary weapon: spanish and C++
Fat.bot.Slim

Nationality: Greek
Language:Greek,English,Lame German which i m forgetting every single day i m here in Switzerland (cmon german guys...this swiss german should be prohibited by law, its sickeningly weird),and Danish from my good old times in Copenhagen...

There is one more greek guy who is a regular in the game and dcc. this is it though...

also @liquid sin: white ?wtf? i hope its some sort of a joke : )

(10-26-2010, 02:48 PM)booo Wrote: cmon german guys...this swiss german should be prohibited by law, its sickeningly weird
I don't approve.

Nationality: Switzerland
Native language: Swiss German

Thumbs Up 
(10-26-2010, 03:09 PM)sev Wrote:
(10-26-2010, 02:48 PM)booo Wrote: cmon german guys...this swiss german should be prohibited by law, its sickeningly weird
I don't approve.

Nationality: Switzerland
Native language: Swiss German

gruezi sev Angel

Nationalities: German, Polish
Languages: german, english, polish
4m038105 - Be the change.

Nationality: USA
Language: English

No other languages, unfortunately, aside from being able to say "yes" and "no." So I can fake it to some extent. Da.

Nationality: ORSTRAYAN
Languages: English and really really basic French.

I would like to learn other languages, but I just don't have the time/initiative/motivation.
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

(10-27-2010, 01:45 AM)clanclanclan Wrote: Nationality: ORSTRAYAN
Languages: English and really really basic French.

I would like to learn other languages, but I just don't have the time/initiative/motivation.

They teach French in Aus! What good will that do.. unless your planning a trip to Tahiti Big Grin

Spyz Wrote:They teach French in Aus! What good will that do.. unless your planning a trip to Tahiti Big Grin

Or New Caledonia Smile
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I (sort of) converted the QC bytecode to native exec, but unfort w/o perf improv oblector 0 411 10-20-2023, 06:12 PM
Last Post: oblector
  Ask your questions about Xonotic here Dokujisan 942 812,936 09-02-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: oblector
Rainbow Your Favorite Maps cushinga 6 1,633 03-14-2023, 08:26 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
Rainbow What's your favorite color? Or which color you use in game? Kotangens 1 1,181 09-01-2022, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  FPS Showdown - Go submit your best frags! Smilecythe 4 4,397 02-19-2017, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Antares*
  Why is your server empth 24/7 slowtwitch 10 8,007 06-27-2016, 10:37 PM
Last Post: end user
Information We want your help Samual 35 34,833 10-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Leroy
  WoX-BloX needs your help! CuBe0wL 14 11,477 06-26-2012, 05:43 PM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
  Pythonistas, please raise your hand Dokujisan 13 10,688 10-15-2010, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Spyroviper
  New Language for the spoken parts. teams 14 11,891 08-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Last Post: atheros