Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DarkzoneCTF remake

Figured it might be best to put this here instead of in this thread.

DarkzoneCTF remake for Xonotic, for Dokujisan. It's not DarkzoneCTF *exactly* (and not just scaled up, either). I removed some stuff that I thought was kinda pointless in the map, and tried to streamline the layout a little bit (removed one room on both sides, so now there's only one pair of portals on either side of the map). Also my first time using the fancy-mode portals.

It's not really as detailed as I normally try to make stuff, but I want to make sure it works before it gets too hard to change it.

Obligatory screenshots:

[Image: ipio6x0jhrmya7t0ceio_thumb.jpg]
[Image: hv6n3ctoxo16ihry2lvf_thumb.jpg]
[Image: u2h8cxkxv3oxn5yjjhmf_thumb.jpg]
[Image: 7613ym6yk8w3clyqvn7w_thumb.jpg]
(The weird black stuff on the blue things in the base is because I accidentally took the screenshot from inside a wall and don't really feel like retaking/reuploading a new screenshot.)

Obligatory download link

Feedbacks and thawts?

Awesome! Can't wait to try it out. Just have to compile a fresh new Xonotic update first.

Looks nice Smile nice and clean and can move (like all the new xonotic maps), this is what I love the most, everything feels the right scale now compared to nexuiz.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

I downloaded it and dropped it into xonotic/data but it won't show up in the maps list... am I doing something wrong?
Proverbs 25:8 Go not forth hastily to strive, lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.

(11-27-2010, 05:05 AM)Sir Emeth Mimetes Wrote: I downloaded it and dropped it into xonotic/data but it won't show up in the maps list... am I doing something wrong?

its a zip file so it wont do anything in xonotic/data. You can repack it to a zip file, or unzip it in xonotic/data.
If there is a mapinfo file you will find it in the list, if not a mapinfo file will be created. When you arent able to find it in the list at all, you can start the map with 'map Darkzonectf_remake' in the console.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

I unzipped it in xonotic/data, but it still didn't show up.

I was able to run it with 'map Darkzonectf_remake' though. Smile

Nice map! I really like it.
Proverbs 25:8 Go not forth hastily to strive, lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.

Praise the Lord Vede.

Waht more to say than *WooHoo*
[Image: Sigsig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [MAP] The Highest Ground (The Longest Yard remake) AriosJentu 10 6,239 06-06-2023, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Le Deux
  [MAP] Bloody Run (remake for Blood Run) AriosJentu 35 13,141 01-03-2023, 01:09 PM
Last Post: AriosJentu
  [DM/CTF] Sirlent (Soylent remake) (added CTF version) _para 7 1,671 01-01-2023, 01:03 PM
Last Post: _para
  [MAP] Holyspace (evilspace remake) _para 0 1,002 05-12-2022, 03:46 PM
  [MAP] Derelict (farewell remake) _para 0 1,421 05-12-2022, 03:41 PM
  Revolter: Rebel: Revrem long remake(extended) by KotangŃ”ns Kotangens 2 2,617 12-31-2021, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Kotangens
  [DM] revrem (revdm3 remake) _para 10 4,277 10-13-2020, 04:21 AM
  [CTF] Aviation (Evilspacectf remake) kuniu the frogg 15 16,850 06-28-2012, 03:11 PM
Last Post: noteven
  [DM/CTF/KH...] GreatDivide-X (remake) forseti 2 4,589 02-03-2012, 11:50 AM
Last Post: rocknroll237
  Map Remake Coordination sev 16 14,905 01-15-2011, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Rad Ished