Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Xonotic Theme Tune Version 2 now up :)

sounds really good scorp Smile n1

it sounds interesting. the first 2 minutes are really good for the menu. after that it gets too hectic. but the hectic parts would be ideal for a match.

i would like to have two versions, the calmer parts for the menu, and a version for matches Smile

i don't like this voice-like sound which is first at 2:20. and maybe a bit more bass Smile apart from that - really nice work Smile

love it!!

the "hectic part" isn't to hectic imo. Especially because it takes so long to get into. Someone please get this to a dev stat!!
There's nothing better than getting off you butt and contributing to a community. There is no excuse when it comes to computers. Spend a little of you playing time, giving back Smile

THAT WAS COOL!
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Wow! Smile

Like it...fits good to the new menu, may to some maps. Big Grin

I really like it, sc0rp. There are, however, some parts where not a whole lot is happening around the 2 minute mark. Though that may fit it.

Very nice. I think it fits as a menu theme very well. Kind of makes me think of UT99's menu theme, in terms of pacing and such.

(04-19-2010, 05:56 PM)Roanoke Wrote: I really like it, sc0rp. There are, however, some parts where not a whole lot is happening around the 2 minute mark. Though that may fit it.

Thats cool and well pointed out. That is 1 of the parts I am aware of and I am aiming at fine tuning. There is a lot more tuning I plan to do hence the WIP. Im going to create more atmosphere by writing some new pad sections(create a complex pad with more exiting elements)and make it more flowing by playing a bit with the sequence. Also going to work on the bassline, filtering the bass synth etc.

I believe a fast paced game needs a fast section in the music along with nice atmospheric tones and modern sound. I think a theme tune which builds up in pace will get a player exited and will make them instantly want to play the game and think "this is cool".

Feedback is appreciated and welcomed. As I say this is a WIP so changes will be taking place which should improve the overall sound and feeling of the track a fair bit.

Cool

Nice, energetic song. It's pretty catchy, which is definitely good for any new game because people get audio/verbal/graphical associations and remember the name 'Xonotic' instantly when hear/see any of those elements.
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

(04-20-2010, 02:23 AM)clanclanclan Wrote: Nice, energetic song. It's pretty catchy, which is definitely good for any new game because people get audio/verbal/graphical associations and remember the name 'Xonotic' instantly when hear/see any of those elements.

TRUE THAT. It's a good thing you pointed that out, because in spite not being something that a lot of developers do, it's really an effective way at making a game stand out. Now that I think about it, judging by the music contained in Nexuiz as well as the currently unused stuff submitted, I think that Xonotic can easily have an iconic soundtrack that REALLY stands out in a good way from just about EVERYTHING else out now. Not too many soundtracks really stand out, right now the only ones that come to mind in FPS games are the ones used in Unreal and Unreal Tournament (but none of the later ones), the one used in the Halo games, and the one used in Modern Warfare.

Oh wait.

Real nice tune. Really catches on.
[Image: di-712770583645.png]

Awesome, I agree with the previous comment about the voice "pad?". Sound's awesome. Very distinct and fits my image of Xonotic.

* Exitium approves

Amazing. I will give this to mand1nga to add to his list.

Amazing tune! Like jaykay (jamiroquai?) said I'd like to use the first part (2 mins at start) for the menu and the other for the game, also with a little bit more bass Smile

Wonderful! Great for the menu theme imo Big Grin But I do think 6:47 minutes is a bit too long, if there are any plans to cut it a little.

If you can post the source I can add it to my GIT branch, where I've posted all music contributions for Nexuiz that didn't get in before the Illfonic event. Posted your older songs too if that was ok.

[EDIT] Tried it out with the WickedX theme, I think that sounds really good for the menu Smile The 6 minute version as it is might actually be good there imo.

(04-27-2010, 08:01 PM)MirceaKitsune Wrote: Wonderful! Great for the menu theme imo Big Grin But I do think 6:47 minutes is a bit too long, if there are any plans to cut it a little.

If you can post the source I can add it to my GIT branch, where I've posted all music contributions for Nexuiz that didn't get in before the Illfonic event. Posted your older songs too if that was ok.

[EDIT] Tried it out with the WickedX theme, I think that sounds really good for the menu Smile The 6 minute version as it is might actually be good there imo.

I will post the source when I release a newer version, which will hopefully be some time this weekend. Thanks for putting some of my other tracks up there.

I believe it works really well with the menu, if you listen to the track whilst staring at the Wicked theme you can really get a sense of what it would be like.

I think the length is ok, with the intro part being quite long regular players will only be on the menu for a short time and they will only really hear a short part. For players editing their models, name, choosing server etc I think its nice for a piece of music to progress and not keep repeating itself as to not bore the listener as they go about their business. This is also the reason why i made the tempo shoot up, to give the track another dimension, keep interest.

Cool

I really liked this, but I don't like when the (synth is it?) bit comes in..doesn't seem to fit the track as much, I would prefer something more rocky/punk..hard to explain but I would prefer it without this sound,

I will check the time out and post Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

I like it as is and do not think it should be shortened.

Oh wait.

Yes, the length is not a problem here.

Yeah, my mistake. The length seemed too much at a first sight, but after listening to it in the menu it sounds excellent as it is. So now, I'm just eager to see the WickedX skin defaulted together with this song Big Grin

I like this SC0RP!
Great mixing, lots of interesting brakes - especially the reverse one. Cachy main tune, interesting instruments. Nice break-beats.

I think it should also be used in some map. To make players able to hear the whole piece. I don't think anyone spends 6 minutes in menu Smile
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Very nice, that sounds wonderful Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Music New sounds in next version (0.8.3) Wuzzy 2 3,797 10-09-2019, 06:20 AM
Last Post: Aguaumreal
Music D'n'B track: "Not The End" Xonotic version unfa 3 6,408 06-15-2014, 06:56 PM
Last Post: unfa
  Just remembered SC0RP's tracks Space Raiders and Xonotic Theme had dead links Lee_Stricklin 0 3,226 12-11-2011, 08:04 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
Music theme tune? chooksta 4 4,898 08-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Last Post: chooksta
Lightbulb Theme song kay 26 26,600 04-13-2010, 10:19 AM
Last Post: od@r