Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Xonotic Physics + DODGE = INTENSE FAST FUN!

Ok here's a demo on lda17h's server me vs him just some fun with new settings of physics and dodge..prepare for speed, it is UT fast with dodge but seemed very playable, it's kind of like QW / UT and nex and RL are the biggest weapons we used, but crylink all the others were still useful.

It was hard to hit with RL because I think the radius is set to lower and you need to predict more with it because dodge is so useful even though were both just generally bashing our key's I thought this was a super FUN demo.

If you thought nexuiz was fast fun.

http://kojn.mkzelda.net

demo is Xonotic_final_balance.dem I believe, it's the only one with Xonotic in it's name.

Have fun, tell me what you think..was just a fun game with a tweaked nex at 70 damage but more like UT's shock in refire, but I never laughed and had so much fun for a long time so thought I'd share.

By the way I think it's quick just because dodge allows you to pick up speed so quick if you go into a strafe, I don't know if xonotic would be anthing like this, but it was cool and I really liked it!

P.S Also used the current camping rifle, I preferred this to using the nexgun actuallyjust we never used it in this game because the map didn't have it but had a little play with it on cores by lda17h and I thought it was a very good weapon primary anyway, I never tried secondary hardly, and with the dodge and ballistic shot it still takes skill to use, found it more rewarding then the nex Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

very cool, it would be a nice feature
Smile
There's nothing better than getting off you butt and contributing to a community. There is no excuse when it comes to computers. Spend a little of you playing time, giving back Smile

Edited my first post as I wrote it way too quickly last night.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Yeah, i tweaked RL settings and some other stuff quite heavily on that server additional to dodging. So it's not representative for what xonotic will be.. RL had both nerfed damage and splash, but higher refire rate. nex, too. 1 sec refire, but 70 dmg.

I had severe connection problems in the second half of that match. But it wouldn't have changed the score anyways ;D It was still a loads of fun and i actually got some frags..
BTW: One thing i found out while tweaking weapons balance is:

It's damn hard to make a good one.. So play with these settings and mostly: playtest them Big Grin
He can talk the talk, but can he caulk the caulk?

I don't have the map. Could somebody pls link me?
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fun in game Allotropy 5 2,576 02-11-2024, 04:38 AM
Last Post: ChiEllingham
  Fun moments: triple telefrag drummyfish 4 2,339 07-24-2021, 05:16 PM
Last Post: poVoq
  Why are reflections so fast now? Fireball 2 3,217 09-18-2011, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Fireball
  bot AI and balance/physics configs Lee_Stricklin 9 10,415 02-16-2011, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  Physics Gripe about Nexuiz teams 9 8,972 11-06-2010, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Rust Heart
  physics / player movement Grasshopper 33 33,673 09-10-2010, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Duke