Create an account

Poll: your opinion?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Nex and tombstone -> Yes
31.58%
6 31.58%
Nex and tombstone -> No
21.05%
4 21.05%
Hook -> yes
36.84%
7 36.84%
Hook -> No
10.53%
2 10.53%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
[SUGGESTION] vote for this minsta changes

I found some very nice modifications to minstagib:
a better nex weapon model:
[Image: nex.th.jpg]

players drop tombstones when they die:
[Image: tombstonew.th.jpg]

a chain hook with an appropriate sound:
[Image: hookz.th.jpg]

I specially like the nex model. It would be great if this became the default nex model for minsta in Xonotic.

u can try them urself, put the two files in home/.xonotic/data

first file includes the nex+tombstone:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zdnmm5y1yj...gunlow.pk3
second includes the hook:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/tlw10yytqm...ghook1.pk3

thats a server side modification
afaik this model isnt offical because the author doesnt set it under a license

and use thumbnails, every imagehoster has that feature!!!

(05-13-2010, 04:06 PM)Cortez666 Wrote: thats a server side modification
afaik this model isnt offical because the author doesnt set it under a license

and use thumbnails, every imagehoster has that feature!!!

I don't think it's a server side modification, when I put these two file in nexuiz/data, I can see them now when I play on prophets or pk servers.
don't know about the license, I found them in my dlcache.
(05-13-2010, 04:31 PM)parasti Wrote: Those tombstones are fun, but I think they're implemented by changing the model of the dropped weapon. This works for minsta, but is not useful for multi-weapon game modes.

it changes mista only, it doesn't affect normal games.

Sorry, I realized that after posting, that's why I deleted my post. Tongue

(05-13-2010, 04:33 PM)parasti Wrote: Sorry, I realized that after posting, that's why I deleted my post. Tongue

I was too quick I replied before u deleted it. np Smile

(05-13-2010, 04:15 PM)XV22 Wrote: I don't think it's a server side modification, when I put these two file in nexuiz/data, I can see them now when I play on prophets or pk servers.
don't know about the license, I found them in my dlcache.

Thats the place where packs from the server will be downloaded no matter what. new progs.dats, maps, playermodels , weaponmodels or just some gfx changes.

the pack is from the dietunichtguten server. The tombstones and hook chains are made the dietunichtguten clan. Doc phyton did the nexmodel but he hasnt shown up since 2008.

I think morphed did the nex model but i might be wrong.

http://alienTRAP.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=38658#p38658

thats where the model came from

(05-14-2010, 05:48 AM)Cortez666 Wrote: http://alienTRAP.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=38658#p38658

thats where the model came from

I tried it, but it didn't work.

Btw these are offical Die Tunichtguten mods and we dont want to released it to public at the moment. Btw these mod dont work without codemodifications on other servers so this thread is useless. Maybe the gunmodel work but not the chain. Its ok for us when ppl use it clientside but not serverside plz.

(05-14-2010, 06:47 AM)Hypnosekröte Wrote: Btw these are offical Die Tunichtguten mods and we dont want to released it to public at the moment. Btw these mod dont work without codemodifications on other servers so this thread is useless. Maybe the gunmodel work but not the chain. Its ok for us when ppl use it clientside but not serverside plz.

it's not useless I have just tried it again in nexuiz,
put the two packs in data and connected to prophets die hard minsta dm:

[Image: nexuiz000090.th.jpg]

[Image: nexuiz000089.th.jpg]

so it worked although it's client side, anyway if the authors of these two files don't allow us to use them then this thread should be removed.

its useless because the gunmodel brings that bug, that if ppl connect to other servers again, that they have on all other servers the gunmodel till they restart xonotic/nexuiz and the chain flippering around without codemodification. The chain hold not still when its outthrowed. It also dont have the right sound. You need the codemods ... without them you have these bugs. We had many trouble with ToT about this weapon bug Wink
(05-13-2010, 06:37 PM)DiaboliK Wrote: I think morphed did the nex model but i might be wrong.

Yeah thats right for our servers Smile

(05-14-2010, 07:37 AM)Hypnosekröte Wrote: its useless because the gunmodel brings that bug, that if ppl connect to other servers again, that they have on all other servers the gunmodel till they restart xonotic/nexuiz

do u mean that it enforces itself to be used even if the server I'm connected to is actually using another custom nex model?

(05-14-2010, 07:37 AM)Hypnosekröte Wrote: till they restart xonotic/nexuiz
I think u meant: until they remove the package from their data folder?

(05-14-2010, 07:37 AM)Hypnosekröte Wrote: and the chain flippering around without codemodification .. the chain hold not still when its outthrowed..
I don't understand this?

(05-14-2010, 07:37 AM)Hypnosekröte Wrote: and dont have the right sound
well, it does have the sound of a chain.

I mean if you disconnect from your server with this special gunmodel package and connect to another server with another gunmodel you keep this model without codemods.
And the chainproblem is, that normaly a chain dont dither around. the laserhook dithered around because this was the special effect for the hook.

(05-14-2010, 07:44 AM)XV22 Wrote: well, it does have the sound of a chain.

than i forgot how i developed it =D

P.S.: My english suxx sometimes Wink

(05-14-2010, 07:48 AM)Hypnosekröte Wrote: I mean if you disconnect from your server with this special gunmodel package and connect to another server with another gunmodel you keep this model without codemods.

well, maybe what u r saying is right, I can't test it because I don't know how to setup a server with this mod and connect to it then connect to another server and see if the model sticks.

anyway, I don't propose to use it server side, I think it would be nice to use it in Xonotic client itself to replace the default nex model.
As far as I understand, this will make it get used when u play minsta on ur computer itself or when u connect to a server that uses the default nex.
The only problem that I see is that if this model enforces itself to be used even if u r connected to a server that doesn't use the default nex and uses another custom made nex, but I don't know if this happens and can't test it.
phew.. Smile

Ya we want to release this mods. But its Trashcode atm. We also want to release the DTG announcers. Have to checkout how to use GIT to work on it =D But till than we wanna keep the mods for us. ... Btw someone knows if the planned mutator system is ready in Xonotic? Than i will rewrite it in a mutator version. I also have final exams atm to maybe it takes some time Wink

u made both the nex+tombstone mod and the hook mod?
if yes and if u don't want to share it (for client side only, no servers), then sadly I think this thread should be closed Sad

you can do it yourself, just go on edit your first post and then delete it, then the whole thread will dissappear

(05-14-2010, 10:46 AM)Cortez666 Wrote: you can do it yourself, just go on edit your first post and then delete it, then the whole thread will dissappear

I didn't say it should be closed, I said it should be closed *if* the authors of these mods don't allow using them.

(05-14-2010, 09:33 AM)XV22 Wrote: u made both the nex+tombstone mod and the hook mod?
if yes and if u don't want to share it (for client side only, no servers), then sadly I think this thread should be closed Sad

(05-14-2010, 08:46 AM)Hypnosekröte Wrote: Ya we want to release this mods. But its Trashcode atm. We also want to release the DTG announcers. Have to checkout how to use GIT to work on it =D But till than we wanna keep the mods for us. ... Btw someone knows if the planned mutator system is ready in Xonotic? Than i will rewrite it in a mutator version. I also have final exams atm to maybe it takes some time Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weapon Balance Changes [PROPOSE/DISCUSS/REFINE] _para 2 1,836 03-19-2021, 10:43 AM
Last Post: _para
  [SUGGESTION] Vortex changes Dr. Jaska 10 5,255 03-14-2021, 03:28 PM
Last Post: _para
  [SUGGESTION] Monster Changes and Arithmetic Gates _para 4 2,259 03-01-2021, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Mario
  [SUGGESTION] Balance changes Mepper 19 19,263 11-22-2012, 08:42 AM
Last Post: asyyy
  [SUGGESTION] Preview with map vote vehemoth 2 3,736 01-15-2012, 11:40 AM
Last Post: rocknroll237
  [SUGGESTION] Ability to vote map, gametype and mutators after each map Exitium 13 20,424 04-28-2011, 02:45 PM
Last Post: The mysterious Mr. 4m
  [SUGGESTION] minsta CTF O.I.B. 7 6,492 07-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Last Post: O.I.B.
  [SUGGESTION] minsta thread zypresse 6 7,560 05-13-2010, 03:17 PM
Last Post: XV22
  [SUGGESTION] minsta server XV22 4 5,285 05-13-2010, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Sepelio
  [SUGGESTION] Cross-hair changes over a friendly Silica Gel: Do Not Eat 6 5,334 04-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Last Post: DiaboliK