Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overkill + Jetpack video

I didn't do any fancy editing, well no editing at all just the match betweenme and idle. I don't think I'd have the patience to slice and dice a movie together. This is Overkill + Jetpack CTF mostly stock settings.

[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

The jetpack seems too strong/quickly accelerating. A weaker one (like in tribes) requires more skill to use and is overall more fun I think.

Would be awesome if someone would port the great hightmap terrain code from FTEQW to Darkplaces. The above + good terrain + vehicles would make for great Tribes like gameplay Smile

(09-24-2014, 07:04 AM)poVoq Wrote: The jetpack seems too strong/quickly accelerating. A weaker one (like in tribes) requires more skill to use and is overall more fun I think.

Would be awesome if someone would port the great high-map terrain code from FTEQW to Darkplaces. The above + good terrain + vehicles would make for great Tribes like gameplay Smile

Well slower would be ok for vanilla weapons but with Overkill you need it to move fast. What it needs is a reverse thrust so the player can flwy down faster.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

The jetpack recharge delay is 2 seconds by default, and only recharge to 50%. You also need to wait for 5 seconds after you get hit to get it recharged.
You can use these codes to modifiy it:

g_balance_fuel_regenstable 100 (let jetpack recharge to 100%)
g_balance_pause_fuel_regen 0 (eliminate jetpack recharge delay.)
g_balance_pause_health_regen 0 (eliminate jetpack recharge delay after you get hit, but the side effect is that you also regenerate health immediately after get hit)

There's a weird design choice that relates health and fuel regen. Read more on this in this thread: How to eliminate jetpack recharge delay

Well when I originally started the OK/Jet server I wanted the jet pack to be a big jump booster only so that players jumped like those Robotech mech's, like grasshoppers but like Mr Boungo mentioned the JP and Overkill health are related. Mario added some extra cvars but just couldn't get it to work. I was hoping player would jump, fly up and then just when they land jump again.

I think with one of the extra super weapons equiped by default (rocket chain saw thing) with a slower reacharge it would add a cool feature to the OK/Jetpack.

Well from my tribes experience, the fun part of jetpack gaming is to predict when your opponent will touch ground. Only perfect timing can you inflict splash damage.

By the way, I like OK palyer model a lot. Defualt model looks like rubber doll

OK would be a decent mod if it had some kind of projectile weapon namely rockets, with low splash damage and high (instakill) direct damage that emphasizes on prediction accuracy like most weapons in Tribes. It's just kind of boring atm with hitscans only and for that I usually just straight out prefer instagib.

(10-02-2014, 08:40 AM)Smilecythe Wrote: OK would be a decent mod if it had some kind of projectile weapon namely rockets, with low splash damage and high (instakill) direct damage that emphasizes on prediction accuracy like most weapons in Tribes. It's just kind of boring atm with hitscans only and for that I usually just straight out prefer instagib.

Well it has the RPC rocket propelled chain saw but its a super weapon that need to be picked up. I need to test it out if it works with Weapon Arena whic Marios say might allow me to equipe it as a 4th weapon.

There is also the grenades for prediction exercises, but i guess some sort of projectile based "primary" could be interesting.

(10-04-2014, 05:03 AM)tZork Wrote: There is also the grenades for prediction exercises, but i guess some sort of projectile based "primary" could be interesting.

Grenades are more about the timing and tossing them to close proximity of enemies. Making a projectile weapon that deals little splash damage and lots of direct damage would emphasize on dead on projectile accuracy.

if you just toss em, yeh. if you use weapon-nade combo (especially the nex one) tough, its more like a projectile weapon. The main issue with projectiles is the lack of a antilag system. im not sure if it would be much of a issue with the current playerbase, but part of the reasoning while designing OK's primary weapons as hitscan only was to take full advantage of AL.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Demos from the Crypt (Xonotic VIDEO) kojn^ 7 4,743 02-02-2019, 05:56 PM
Last Post: kojn^
Video Xonotic: Video on Demand (VoD) node357 434 344,316 12-08-2017, 03:49 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  Some non-pro gameplay video unfa 9 6,815 07-07-2017, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  Old Xonotic Video kojn^ 4 5,441 09-28-2016, 11:27 AM
Last Post: kojn^
  A frag video with a twist srkdy 7 7,428 10-12-2015, 12:59 PM
Last Post: thimo
  Xonotic Video Tutorials machine! 6 7,455 08-15-2014, 05:11 PM
Last Post: poVoq
  Player model cat walk video? end user 6 10,093 07-16-2014, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Dedicated map repo and video hosting site... end user 28 29,599 07-13-2014, 05:04 PM
Last Post: end user
Video Basic movements video Karamel 4 6,229 03-25-2014, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Karamel
  Frag video of november KoalaBearScarf 6 6,709 12-06-2013, 11:06 PM
Last Post: dizzy