Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Proposed announcer demo

For the case that anyone is interested - I made a soundpack from bitbomb's announcements lately, which includes all the announcements that are currently used by the game. Good thing is that all announcements are using the same voice, but ofc it's not the best quality since bitbomb didn't have a chance to record them with real studio equipment afaik. And by the way: with the now re-enabled announcer sounds (triple kill, rage, yoda etc.), it is even more fun Big Grin

Download .pk3 here (<1 MB) - replaced by newer version, see below!

EDIT: Alternative download
[Image: 9216.png] Web: YouTubeSoundCloudFlickrzykure.de[unconnected]
IRC: #uc.xonotic #xonotic #xonotic.de #xonotic.pickup

Cool dude thanks Big Grin

Where should I put the PK3 in order for it to work?

In your xonotic/data directory?

I did that and it still does not quite work. It only seems to work when I kill people in vehicles or when I play the overkill mod. It does not work locally like in Nexuiz.

(08-27-2012, 06:36 PM)Squigger Wrote: I did that and it still does not quite work. It only seems to work when I kill people in vehicles or when I play the overkill mod. It does not work locally like in Nexuiz.

Hm, do you use one of the latest autobuilds? In the "official" version, some announcements are disabled due to some bug. The soundpack should still give you a different sound for countdowns, "Begin!", "5 minutes remain" and such.

Yeah I am using the latest autobuild. Its weird too because as far as I can tell none of the sounds have changed.

Do you know what I can do to figure out what went wrong?

Does the 5 frags in a row announcement work? If not, type this in the xonotic console: which sound/announcer/default/05kills.ogg

This will tell you where it got that file from. If it's xonotic-data2012blah or something, it means the pk3 you downloaded somehow wasn't loaded, maybe because it was put in the wrong place.

(08-28-2012, 08:52 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Does the 5 frags in a row announcement work? If not, type this in the xonotic console: which sound/announcer/default/05kills.ogg

This will tell you where it got that file from. If it's xonotic-data2012blah or something, it means the pk3 you downloaded somehow wasn't loaded, maybe because it was put in the wrong place.

It said it was in the virtual package xonotic-data.pk3dir, I also did it with 03 kills one and replied with the same location.

Where did you put the pk3? Does the xonotic command ls *.pk3 list it?

No it does not list it, but I still put the Bitbomb PK3 in the xonotic/data folder. Not sure how that works :/

Is the xonotic/data directory you're talking about the same one that is showed when you type which config.cfg in the xonotic console? It should be.

Yeah, I ended up putting all of the stuff on the right folder. Its weird though because now the sounds are kind of mixed up.

Examples

1. On the Local campaign I still do not hear the sounds for kill streaks, but I hear the new announcer for stuff life five minutes/3 frags left remain. Stuff with the flag was the old announcer.

2. On the Overkill Mod server, I hear the old announcer for anything to do with the flag and the new announcer for stuff like the kill streaks and how much time is left. Same applies with vehicles on the vehicle server.

(08-28-2012, 03:09 PM)Squigger Wrote: Its weird though because now the sounds are kind of mixed up.

Hm, that's interesting... Anyone else having these kind of problems?

Here's one first problem (unrelated), some of the files should be .wavs but are .oggs:
Code:
sound/announcer/default/voteaccept.wav is in virtual package xonotic-data.pk3dir
sound/announcer/default/votecall.wav is in virtual package xonotic-data.pk3dir
sound/announcer/default/votefail.wav is in virtual package xonotic-data.pk3dir

(08-28-2012, 03:09 PM)Squigger Wrote: Yeah, I ended up putting all of the stuff on the right folder. Its weird though because now the sounds are kind of mixed up.

Examples

1. On the Local campaign I still do not hear the sounds for kill streaks, but I hear the new announcer for stuff life five minutes/3 frags left remain. Stuff with the flag was the old announcer.
Flag stuff is normal, the pk3 does not include any ctf sounds. These aren't located in sound/announcer/default (which I find rather strange) but in sound/ctf and are set by .noise* fields on the flag entities.

As for the mixed up sounds, this is rather weird. Can you exec the attached cfg and tell me the output? (It's a list of which commands for each sound). Also make sure you have the latest autobuild.

(08-28-2012, 03:09 PM)Squigger Wrote: 2. On the Overkill Mod server, I hear the old announcer for anything to do with the flag and the new announcer for stuff like the kill streaks and how much time is left. Same applies with vehicles on the vehicle server.
Nothing weird there.

Attached Files
.cfg   sounds.cfg (Size: 2.04 KB / Downloads: 6)

(08-29-2012, 04:46 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Here's one first problem (unrelated), some of the files should be .wavs but are .oggs:
Code:
sound/announcer/default/voteaccept.wav is in virtual package xonotic-data.pk3dir
sound/announcer/default/votecall.wav is in virtual package xonotic-data.pk3dir
sound/announcer/default/votefail.wav is in virtual package xonotic-data.pk3dir

That's correct, I replaced these files with oggs. But why must these three be wavs? I was hoping for the engine to have a priority system for soundfiles, i.e. "first try ogg, if that fails try wav" or something.

No. Unlike textures which are handled by the engine in such a way, sounds are explicitly called from the QC VM using explicit file names.

That should fix it:

Download .pk3 (1.1 MB)

EDIT: Download was broken, re-uploaded here: Download .pk3 (1.1 MB)

zykure I tried your solution and unfortunately it did not work with my latest autobuild, basically the same thing would happen.

Mr. Bougo, could help me with the steps needed to exec this file? I tried putting it in xonotic/data and executing it from the xonotic console and that did not really do anything.

Put it in xonotic/data and type exec sound.cfg. If it tells you the file doesn't exist, you put it in the wrong place. Otherwise, you should get output indicating where each file is loaded from. Copy that here (through copypaste from the terminal that runs xonotic, or through a condump (condump myconsoledump.log))

(08-29-2012, 06:21 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Put it in xonotic/data and type exec sound.cfg. If it tells you the file doesn't exist, you put it in the wrong place. Otherwise, you should get output indicating where each file is loaded from. Copy that here (through copypaste from the terminal that runs xonotic, or through a condump (condump myconsoledump.log))
Okay I got the console dump, hope it helps.

"
exec sounds.cfg
^7execing sounds.cfg
^7sound/announcer/default/03kills.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/05kills.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/1.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/10.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/10kills.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/15kills.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/1fragleft.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/1minuteremains.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/2.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/20kills.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/25kills.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/2fragsleft.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/3.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/30kills.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/3fragsleft.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/4.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/5.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/5minutesremain.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/6.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/7.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/8.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/9.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/airshot.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/amazing.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/awesome.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/begin.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/blueteamtakeslead.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/botlike.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/electrobitch.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/flawless.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/headshot.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/impressive.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/lastsecond.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/leadgained.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/leadlost.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/leadtied.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/narrowly.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/prepareforbattle.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/redteamtakeslead.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/rocketslut.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/terminated.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/timeoutcalled.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/voteaccept.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/voteaccept.wav is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/votecall.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/votecall.wav is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/votefail.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/votefail.wav is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7sound/announcer/default/yoda.ogg is in package zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3
^7]((condump myconsoledump.log))
^7Unknown command "((condump"
^7]condump myconsoledump.log
"

It seems you have a file, "zzz_bitbomb_announcements (1).pk3", that contains all the sounds needed. I don't see how any sound at all in this list could be from the main data pk3, as the engine simply does not know about it. Are you absolutely sure you're hearing the original announcer for some of these sound files? (CTF sounds and maybe other gamemode-specific sounds are not included in the bitbomb pk3, as I said above)

I actually checked it again, and it seems the only sound that has remained the same is the ctf ones, which as you say is normal given the programming.

However, I still do not get the kill streaks sounds offline in single player. Do you know how that could be fixed?

By updating your autobuild. What do you get when you do which progs.dat?

It said this-

]which progs.dat
^7progs.dat is in virtual package xonotic-data.pk3dir
^7]condump myconsuledump.log

I am guessing this means that the progs.dat is in the wrong folder right?

No, that means it's where it should be. Are you sure your autobuild is up to date?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Music How can I replace the announcer sounds with the ones I want? tempest 1 315 02-07-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
  New Announcer: eSpeak Mario 2 4,783 01-03-2019, 02:01 PM
Last Post: 3agle427
  [NEED HELP] Custom Announcer 3agle427 4 3,988 01-03-2019, 10:25 AM
Last Post: 3agle427
  Very Metal Announcer mod Smilecythe 4 7,467 09-02-2013, 08:25 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  Xonotic testing : Announcer for player join the match zeroql 20 17,770 08-12-2013, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Peer Editing Of Announcer Script Samual 3 12,567 03-28-2013, 10:46 AM
Last Post: bitbomb
  Proposed Marine player sounds bitbomb 1 4,124 12-02-2011, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Morphed