Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] What's the texturing process for Xonotic?

Hey everyone

This might seem like a pretty basic thing (or at least I hope it's basic Tongue ) but I can't find anywhere what the texturing process is for Xonotic models. I would like to know before I dive into texturing anything just because I'd prefer not to have to re-do a lot of time-consuming UV Mapping and the like.

Just to make it clear what I'm talking about, here's an example of the texturing process for Jedi Academy (another Quake engine-based game):

Quote:Apply standard materials with bitmap textures to the model in 3DS Max
|
V
UV Map the textures in 3DS Max, and export the file to .md3
|
V
Create a text file named "model.skin" with the path for each texture that the model needs put on it
|
V
Open the .md3 in MD3View and apply the .skin file
|
V
Export to .glm and put the model in-game

If someone could give me that kind of a process for finalizing a Xonotic model with textures, I would REALLY appreciate it.

Oh, and if you could include in there how to put an animated texture (like a series of .jpg images) on a Xonotic model, that would be awesome, too.
[Image: myvFI.png]

for 3ds/md3 you simply name the material like the shader/texture your ingame model would use. exxample:
real path to texture is: c:\xonotic\data\xonotic-maps.pk3dir\textures\mymode\mytexture.tga
ingame path is: textures\mymode\mytexture.tga
and your material name is textures/mymode/mytexture

Animated textures are done just like in q3, with a shader.