Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Howdy!!

Howdy,

I may be a new member, but I have been playing Xonotic ever since 0.1 (and have been using the git since 0.1 too) and have loved it. I like to encourage you guys to keep up the good work and I hope that I may be able to contribute something back to this project at some point.Tongue

Welcome!

If you want something straight forward to contribute with, then learn to map! See my sig for details Smile

EDIT: Just realised the first link in my sig doesnt work any more, use the second.
Hey, want to learn to map? You might want to start here and here!

Howdy cowboy. Wink

Welcome good sir Smile

I just checked out your tutorial Sepelio, and I might actually start making some maps. What are some maps that Xonotic needs at the moment?

Hi there.

I suggest playing quite a bit before you start mapping, otherwise you get *room > hall > room > hall...*
And before you can map you need to get the latest NetRadiant. Hopefully you're not on Mac (no compiled editor for that OS yet).

Although Macs are better in just about everything else Smile

Hey Squigger, hope to see you around on the servers!
bye / bad luck and have boredom

Yes listen to Nowego. Maps that are needed... well I'm not sure. I recommend you just learn the skill before jumping into anything specific. You might prefer to make one kind of map over another once you figure out what you like.

Personally I enjoy making maps for my favourite game mode, which is CTF.
Hey, want to learn to map? You might want to start here and here!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Howdy demonpig 1 1,886 05-08-2017, 06:13 PM
Last Post: -z-
  Howdy. Tragic 13 8,908 11-25-2012, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Tragic
  Howdy Kryten 1 2,985 06-17-2010, 03:07 AM
Last Post: Halogene
  Howdy Folks Antibody 2 3,599 06-10-2010, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Antibody