Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Xonotic be the one ?

Hello world !

After some time trying various free fps, unable to find THE one. (I mean, Nexuiz was really cool). I have tried the game in solo mode with de preview release, and so far, I really like the differences between Xonotic and Nexuiz. However, I still have one major concern : Where is everybody ? Servers are totaly empty ! I wasn't expecting to see 300 people connected, of course, but still...

See you soon, I hope, On some server !

Welcome! And take a look at this thread: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=1877
chooksta Wrote:640t ought to be enuf for antibody
- microsoft windows

Most people still play Nexuiz, they will switch to Xonotic after the 1.0 version has been released. For that reason there are just a very few people really playing on public servers. And new people don't play because the servers are empty. Only a very few people from this forum here are really playing on public server, I do, Justin, The player with the unnecessarily long name, Mario. And a few others, but the most are hiding in private servers, and do strange things like waiting over one hour for the last 2 players to come, and they sit there with 8 and don't think: "Hey, we might just play with 8 people on a public server." They just won't come.

So you can just join a public server, and a few more will come if you wait there, I think, or you go to irc and play pickup games, or you play Nexuiz. That 3 choices you have.

So far I have played Nexuiz (MinstaHook CTF, OMG was that cool !!!!), I'll give the pickup system a try today.

Well, I saw you indeed on irc, and you were gone after two minutes, not what I call "giving a try". You didn't play a game or something, you just looked around, and left. I think you should give it a second try Tongue

Really ? I have been connected for like three hours now ! Cool And I am connected right now...
I am trying to solve another issue concerning data download...

sooo... we had some nice games today (although those performance issues were a bit annoying i guess).
So, maybe a bit late but

Welcome Simboubou and enjoy your stay with us Wink
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Still new one year later Pallama 1 1,791 11-04-2019, 08:42 PM
Last Post: bones_was_here
  Where can I get one these cool xonotic signatures where my stats are displayed? R+e^i 4 5,026 12-23-2013, 12:30 AM
Last Post: R+e^i
  the one that got fraged eximius 6 3,800 07-11-2012, 10:59 AM
Last Post: [CCC]KINGSHOT[CCC]
  One more Minsta player?! Oh,noes... Vargos 4 5,265 10-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Vargos