Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Jet pack as power-up

Title says it all Smile
E=mc ^ 2 only applies to rest bodies. The one we should be using is E=mc^2 √1 - v^2/c^2 Smile

it already can be. well, an item pickup at least. the only difference between it and a power is as a pickup, you still have it if you run out of fuel, and you can pick up more fuel to use it again.

Try playing a game on Siege. I have a jetpack pickup on it Wink
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Uh I meant having the jetpack as a pick up like "strength" and "invisibility", not like spawning with it and having refueling stuff.
E=mc ^ 2 only applies to rest bodies. The one we should be using is E=mc^2 √1 - v^2/c^2 Smile

you don't spawn with it. right now it is literally exactly like a power up, only you run out of fuel instead of time. also, you can just not place any fuel pickups on the map so the only way to use it is pickup the original item again.

It even has a waypoint over it, like the power ups.
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Yay. I like the OLD way of how it works. I think that running out of time would be useful if Jetpack could be used to get to some secret place to get more good stuff, which can't be taken without using Jetpack. But right now you can get almost everywhere by using Laser, Mortar, RL, HLAC or Hook. So I think it would be useless if Jetpack would last only 30 seconds. One of the most cool is the ability to use it while the enemy doesn't know you have it.

Just my view on this matter.
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Power-ups like in Quake/Nexuiz Classic DrAndi 2 2,659 02-06-2022, 01:35 AM
Last Post: z411
  [SUGGESTION] Nex leveling yet not remove its power. oiaohm 8 8,558 11-28-2010, 07:31 AM
Last Post: oiaohm