Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Moving like crazy without touching anything

Hello,
I have a weird problem with my xonotic. Once I start any game I keep turning around and around without touching anything. I don't know wether the problem comes from my touchpad/mouse or a bug in xonotic.
Did anybody have a problem like this? I desactivated my touchpad and I still turning like crazyyy.
Please help!!
Thx

Oups It seems I posted the same thread 4 times. I m sorry, I tried to delete them but I don't have permissions.

Lol at Mr Bougo's Yes, No and Maybe answers (but they're gone now... Sad)

Anyway, can you tell us which version of Xonotic you're using? Try the SDL version instead of the GLX version.

Also, which OS are you using and have you got the latest mouse drivers?

Aw, soukaina, you removed the three other threads Sad

I didn't know that was possible in WW. Fixing that.

sorry.. thx for you humour anyway

What happens when you unplug your mouse?

I tried the SDL version and I have same thing .. I'm on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (32 bits)

It it maybe not touchbad/mouse but keyboard? THis does sound like a traditional Quake issue you can sometimes have when key bindings get broken and you end up continuously going forwards, turning or shooting. Try removing all key bindings for keyboard movement and see what happens.
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

I have only a touchpad I disabled it with the touchpad indicator .. same thing

thx a lot edh that was it and thx everybody

OK, so a keboard binding issue and it's fixed. Interesting. Not sure who actually uses keboard controls for turning in Xonotic anyway!

Mark the thread as [solved] if you're happy you've got it fixed.
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

I heard that some laptops that have accelerometers get this type of issues - the accelerometer is visible as a joystick under GNU/Linux and if the game used joystick input it ended up turning around uncontrollably. Turning off joystick input usually helped in such cases.
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

(07-18-2012, 06:18 AM)Cyber Killer Wrote: I heard that some laptops that have accelerometers get this type of issues - the accelerometer is visible as a joystick under GNU/Linux and if the game used joystick input it ended up turning around uncontrollably. Turning off joystick input usually helped in such cases.

Hah. That is funny.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] View MOTD without connecting falco 1 1,753 03-26-2019, 04:35 AM
Last Post: _para
Sad [NEEDS INFO] Strange bug - my character is moving all the time ! Oncl'Tom 2 3,073 02-12-2017, 06:57 PM
Last Post: organic
  [SOLVED] How do I make my color depth like this Beagle 3 3,893 01-31-2016, 07:38 AM
Last Post: Halogene
  [SOLVED] How do I make my zoom like back in Nexuiz Beagle 7 5,349 06-26-2015, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Antibody
  [SOLVED] [SOLVED] Strange moving lines rocknroll237 3 4,708 10-22-2011, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin