Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ReBorn

Your thoughts on this...

http://www.twitch.tv/thegdstudio/b/326106062?t=125m00s
metsu ZeRoQL (Stats) - <@nifrek> true, I guess in tdm you also dont always have your perfect choice of weapon, especially when ZeRoQL is controlling nex Dodgy
KILLING X ZONE - Xonotic community movie

lots of talking ... about a arena fps ... I didn't see any screenshots or anything ... (but then i didn't watch the whole thing)

all in all ... i dont know what to think

xonotic (and nexuiz) are the only arena fps i have ever played ...

unless you count metroid prime 2 multiplayer and descent ...

I think this will fail. People hype him a lot but actually he got 0 experience with game developing (correct me if I'm wrong). So unless he got long-term financial support + a strong dev team backing him up I just don't see how he could possibly be able to create the next big fps. I mean, he has to do something new. Creating just another quake clone wont bring him big player numbers and wont revive the genre. I believe it when I see it Smile

(07-28-2012, 03:43 AM)asy7um Wrote: Creating just another quake clone wont bring him big player numbers and wont revive the genre. I believe it when I see it

From what I've gathered, hes trying to do the complete opposite of making a Quake clone. Either way, I'm glad someone started getting onto work with some sort of Severity inspired game.

Also he has a lot of experience in terms of business, he could easily bring up $$$ from investors - And if he messes up big time with them, he can rely on Kickstarter - Of which may be a lot easier than getting his money from investors.

Yes, "trying". Good luck with that without losing all quake players.

I have high hopes in Reborn and am looking forward to the first beta in 3-6 months.

[Image: nqkjikpxlz.jpg]

First beta in 3-6 months? On his show he said that they didn't even start with weapons or anything Tongue I think if we get meaningful screenshots in 3-6 months that would be crazy enough.

2gd Wrote:P.S Probably 3-6 months till a sneak peak

Oops, why did I read beta Sad

(07-28-2012, 03:43 AM)asy7um Wrote: People hype him a lot but actually he got 0 experience with game developing (correct me if I'm wrong).
Well he worked for stunlock studios and helped them to develop the competitive features for bloodline champions.I think thats all the experience he got so far.
I hope he learned from the mistakes they made there,otherwhise there isnt much hope for his second try @ creating "the next big esport thing"....