Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] QW Print Command from server?

When i enter admin commands they allways say QW Print Command from server 199.19.94.193:26000, Any ideas or reason for this I am unable to kick or ban on Nexuiz or Xonotic cause of this.

QW Print is a command that the servers sends to the rcon client to send text to it. It's usually followed by the output to the rcon command you sent. Simple example off the top of my head:
Code:
] rcon bot_number
QW Print Command from server 123.45.56.78:26000:
"bot_number" is "0" blah blah blah

You are not unable to kick or ban because of this. You are unable to kick or ban because you do not understand how to kick or ban. Please show us how you do it so that we can show you how to do it right and make it work.

(10-31-2012, 02:24 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: QW Print is a command that the servers sends to the rcon client to send text to it. It's usually followed by the output to the rcon command you sent. Simple example off the top of my head:
Code:
] rcon bot_number
QW Print Command from server 123.45.56.78:26000:
"bot_number" is "0" blah blah blah

You are not unable to kick or ban because of this. You are unable to kick or ban because you do not understand how to kick or ban. Please show us how you do it so that we can show you how to do it right and make it work.

Here is how I do so Rcon kick #4 flaming or Rcon ban #4 Flaming. I also have tried it with out the rcon infront of it.

Okay. You can't provide a reason for a kick, so what you're typing results in a syntax error. You also have to put a space between the # and the player id, so here's how to kick:
Code:
kick # 4

As for ban or kickban, that's a server gamecommand, and you can get help on server gamecommands either by typing help in the server console or rcon sv_cmd help on the rcon client. Just "help" on the rcon client won't work because it's an alias to sv_cmd help and aliases can't return text to the rcon client.

Anyway, if you do that, you'll see that ban and kickban are in the list. You can simply do
Code:
rcon sv_cmd help ban
or
Code:
rcon sv_cmd help kickban
to get:
Quote:Usage: sv_cmd ban address [bantime] [reason]
'address' is the IP address or range of the player to ban,
'bantime' is the amount of time that the ban is active (default if not provided),
and 'reason' is the string to label the ban with as reason for banning.
See also: banlist, kickban, unban

Usage: sv_cmd kickban client [bantime] [masksize] [reason]
'client' is the entity number or name of the player to ban,
'bantime' is the amount of time that the ban is active (default if not provided),
'masksize' is the range of the IP address (1-thru-4, default if not provided),
and 'reason' is the string to label the ban with as reason for banning.
See also: ban, banlist, unban

So you just want to do
Code:
rcon sv_cmd kickban 4 3600 4 flaming
and skip kicking altogether. This will ban client number 4 for 3600 seconds (1 hour), the 4 after 3600 means to ban the client's specific IP and not a wider range (3, 2 or 1 will ban wider ranges, you risk banning an entire ISP with that)

Ok so I do this for a ban I wannd do this right? ban # 5 and kick # 5 right?

You did not read my post. Please read my post and try to answer your own question. If that fails, tell me what you don't understand in my post. Everything you need is in there.

how do I unban someone?

You did not read my post. Please read my post and try to answer your own question. If that fails, tell me what you don't understand in my post. Everything you need is in there.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Setup Dedicated Server to DL from Map Server mrhip 1 452 10-16-2023, 06:22 AM
Last Post: Freddy
  [BUG] Command line typing issues teratorn 5 2,946 04-12-2018, 04:02 AM
Last Post: teratorn
  [NEED HELP] Server Not Showing Up on Server Browser Antares* 5 4,266 05-21-2017, 04:46 PM
Last Post: martin-t
  [NEEDS INFO] lsmaps command -maniac|Su- 4 2,706 03-29-2017, 05:17 PM
Last Post: cefiar
  [SOLVED] How does the defer command work? nightspawn9911 4 3,616 07-18-2016, 07:34 PM
Last Post: nightspawn9911