Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vehiclez

I want to start making vehicle maps, I need some intro.

(07-13-2016, 04:11 AM)lugarius Wrote: I want to start making vehicle maps, I need some intro.

Well you can start by using Netradiant and you can search for Netradiant/GTK radiant how too's. You can also start by looking at exciting maps and adding vehicles and bases too them. There are still a few out there that would make good vehicle maps.

Some of the maps on Jeff server were modified by me and that's how I started to learn battle_4_mofocity_alpha_r2.pk3 double_death51_vehicles.pk3 evergreen_vehicles_r2.pk3 greatwall_vehicle_arena_v1.pk3 hotbox_flip_vehicles.pk3

There are other maps on my FoulPlay Gear Grider server that I recently modified heavily or are full custom.

Also if you are going to make vehicle maps make them vehicle centric and hard for not in vehicle play. Most of the maps are way too easy to cap by just running back and forth from one base to the other.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

(07-13-2016, 10:10 AM)end user Wrote: Also if you are going to make vehicle maps make them vehicle centric and hard for not in vehicle play. Most of the maps are way too easy to cap by just running back and forth from one base to the other.
And you should make this in a manner that you're not gonna be trapped in an island somewhere because you have no vehicles out. I remember there being a space floater map where you either fell to your death when your vehicle was destroyed, or just got trapped in a platform where you had to wait for a while for a vehicle to spawn. Map should basically be scaled for vehicle movement and not foot movement (besides maybe base areas). This way it's gonna be slow to run on foot, but not impossible.

EDIT: Unsealedtrial and Sandstorm are pretty solid vehicle maps in my opinion.

Anyway, isn't the speed of the Walker roughly the same as player? That makes it not so accessible by Walker as well
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]