Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi, I'm woesa from socal!

My name is woEsa. I'm relatively new to arena fps games and Xonotic looked like a great game to start off on. Hope to make some friends on here and further develop my knowledge! Smile

Hi and welcome to Xonotic! You might want to have a look at the Newbie Corner for instructions on movement techniques, weapon functions and configuration. If you want to get in touch with the community, IRC is a good place to start (matches get organized in #xonotic.pickup on Quakenet IRC, general discussion takes place in #xonotic channel).

Also note that most advanced players will happily explain game mechanics when you ask politely. Some of them might even stop playing and offer you a live tutorial :o)

I wish you a pleasant stay and a lot of fun!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Welcome!

(06-07-2017, 07:42 PM)woEsa Wrote: My name is woEsa. I'm relatively new to arena fps games and Xonotic looked like a great game to start off on. Hope to make some friends on here and further develop my knowledge! Smile

Hey and welcome.
I've seen you sometimes on my server. There are some west coast duelists in the spirit of actively coaching new players, though they might not actively engage new players as before nowadays (because they've been ditched a lot before). They're normally on #xonotic.na, I think you can learn some important skills that largely transfer to the other modes like DM. There's also some newbie duelists, but it can be tough getting them all together.

(06-08-2017, 04:55 AM)Antares* Wrote:
(06-07-2017, 07:42 PM)woEsa Wrote: My name is woEsa. I'm relatively new to arena fps games and Xonotic looked like a great game to start off on. Hope to make some friends on here and further develop my knowledge! Smile

Hey and welcome.
I've seen you sometimes on my server. There are some west coast duelists in the spirit of actively coaching new players, though they might not actively engage new players as before nowadays (because they've been ditched a lot before). They're normally on #xonotic.na, I think you can learn some important skills that largely transfer to the other modes like DM. There's also some newbie duelists, but it can be tough getting them all together.

ahhh i see, ill be sure to try and find some of the west coast players. thanks for the warm welcome!