Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
promotion of xonotic

Lightbulb 
searching for opensource as my OSS project, I found this game and oss community.
I have surprised there are many users in xonotic.
In Korea, there is very little information about xonotic.
because it is got game , I wo uld like to promote this game in Korea.
Koreans often watch YouTube and game play videos.
So how about VIDEO's player of xonotic post activity on YouTube?

I don't read Korean so I had to rely on Google Translate. Please kindly provide English translation for the others when you post.
You can find many Xonotic videos on Youtube just by the obvious keyword.

(12-20-2017, 01:28 AM)BuddyFriendGuy Wrote: I don't read Korean so I had to rely on Google Translate. Please kindly provide English translation for the others when you post.
You can find many Xonotic videos on Youtube just by the obvious keyword.
Thanks for reply!
if you search the YouTube search box in Korean you will not see one. it was a suggestion to post the article with the Korean word "조노틱(=xonotic)". than we can search for xonotic.

There are many videos of Xonotic. The situation tends to be that there's little material regarding the game in Korean or any East Asian language, and the closest servers is probably western American servers (~150-180 ping for Japanese clients).

I think if some commentary videos get a CC or subtitles in Korean it might help searchability. They might need to include "조노틱" in the video tag, or Korean words for "arena first person shooter", "free video game", since Xonotic isn't a real word that someone is going to look for right away.
https://www.youtube.com/user/antibodyxon/videos

Here's a little promo video I made for my map, featuring Islinn, Mirio and Taleb Wink

You can also help translate Xonotic into Korean.
See: https://www.transifex.com/team-xonotic/xonotic/
Right now the Korean translation is only 32.4% complete.