Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Hi! I do Maps.

Hi, this is Minkovsky. I make maps for OpenArena, and I hope to make some for Xonotic. I'd also like to help with the game itself - music, etc.
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

SHOOP DA WOOP!
Welcome sir, you have come at a good time, we are in need of maps right now.
I recommend you join the irc channels also:
#xonotic and #xonotic.editing both are on quakenet.
Big Grin
Maybe you could post some screenshots of some maps you made?
nomnomnomnonmonm:
"the best trolls are indistinguishable from idiots"

Hi and welcome!

You can start mapping either right away by getting the git version of Xonotic (which contains latest NetRadiant), or by waiting for the first beta which might be out in a month or so (?)
Info on fetching the git version here: http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/xonotic/...ory_Access
Also if your plan is to make official maps it's a good idea to get on the irc channel #xonotic on irc.freenode.net.
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

@FruitieX: I'll start now, but I'll test them on OpenArena until Beta (I have Windows 7, so I don't want to risk blue screens when testing maps). I'll also have to refresh my knowledge a bit Wink But I'll do it. I already have a map started, called Maerth Core (see here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lamparrski/...939592399/, not up-to-date but gives idea of the style), which is bare-bones now but I'll add some stuff later on. I'm also starting an OA/Base/Suspended style Team Arena map, which I can, after re-texturing a little, also give Nexuiz treatment (entities, etc.) - So it's two maps started already.
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

Welcome! Good luck with those maps, the screenshots look very clean Smile
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

Actually, I changed my mind. Do you know any free Windows Git clients? The kind that runs on Windows 7? Pretty please?

Thx. Downloaded Xonotic from the 2nd link. I'm starting to convert Maerth Core from OA to Xonotic. I'm also working on that space CTF I mentioned earlier. I'll finish the OA version first, then start converting it to Xonotic. Of course, all maps will be released on either CC-BY-SA-3.0 or (L)GPL, meaning that you'll be able to bundle them with the game.

yeah! we'll get maps!
Smile
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

(08-31-2010, 02:22 PM)Minkovsky Wrote: Of course, all maps will be released on either CC-BY-SA-3.0 or (L)GPL, meaning that you'll be able to bundle them with the game.

Just for your information and convenience I'll tell you already beforehand: the project is GPL licensed so your maps should be that too Wink
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts