Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Testing Weapons

You asked for us to test the weapons. I went to the nullgaming server a gave it a go. I did not like it. The settings were different - no laser boost,etc. I went to a server "Edong...." if I remember right, and actually played a bit. Now, that is much better!

I don't know what the nullgaming settings were, but all better at this other server.

So, in gameplay (not the nullgaming server) , here is my opinion and some suggestions:

First, there is no place on this board to give you feedback on testing.... there is no 'TESTING FEEDBACK' section. SO, I started this thread. It also may benefit you to see the feedback on the weapons in separate threads... so, all the RL bitches, etc in one thread. But, I am not doing that here - lol.

"Ability to Take away weapons" - ... as I played I found that it would be nice as a differentiation from Nexuiz to allow a player to 'take' a weapon from another. If I bump into a player, I get their best weapon. This would encourage a player to get close to GET a weapon, but also work the other way to keep some distance for fear of losing one.

Laser - on the nullgaming server the power was poor.... in fact I would not play the game if it stays like that. At the Edong server it was perfect - just like Nexuiz! To me, the laser is cool. Some complain about it - possibly instead of unlimited ammo, provide a power up for the laser.... that wears out as you use it and then requires a recharge. So, it works the same as far as power goes, but doesn't give you unlimited jumping ability...... forever.

Also, for the laser, I would like to see a brief stream of light that goes from the gun to the target..... right now we shoot, and you see where it hits...... I think the brief path lighting up would be a plus.

Mortar - always a good weapon. I like the stick and delay, BUT......... the delay is too short. Either increase the delay by 3-4 secs, or possibly, just make it a proximity weapon. It would be perfect to lay a trap!

BallGun - (Electro? I never get the name right) - It lacks power. I'm ok with the look and feel of the ammo. I don't like the primary continuous beam. I guess cause it really doesn't have much power. It "appears" powerful - but doesn't work that way. I'd increase the potency of the ammo by 2-3x - not the beam.

Nex - my favorite! Well, it used to be. It works ok. I don't think you set up a secondary yet. But it is TOO GD BIG. Yes, I know it is powerful, but this is ridiculous. Please cut down the size. For the game, size does not matter..... I know you are trying to show it is a powerful weapon, but this is overkill. I felt like it was from a cartoon. Sorry, it's just the way I see it.

Crylink - I think you still are working on the textures, for the shots work, but there is no texture.

Machine gun is not as accurate - and not very powerful. Almost useless. But this we cannot do without, so pls boost it a bit. Maybe get rid of the hagar.

That's it for the weapons. The rest are fine.

Gameplay - on the nullgaming server it was NOT gud. I was crawling around, and the laser was useless! Sorry, but if the game stays like this, I will not play it. But, once I went to a real server, WOW. I liked it. Speed was back, and the gameplay was gud. Graphics, as we know are nice! Now THIS I would play rather than Nexuiz!

Gud OUT.

...and MOO.... wtf is that in your sig "....better than MmmMmmGUD!"

LOL

(09-04-2010, 12:46 PM)MmmMmmGud Wrote: BallGun - (Electro? I never get the name right) - It lacks power. I'm ok with the look and feel of the ammo. I don't like the primary continuous beam. I guess cause it really doesn't have much power. It "appears" powerful - but doesn't work that way. I'd increase the potency of the ammo by 2-3x - not the beam.

I thought everyone here is complaining that it's too strong? Tongue
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

Quote:"Ability to Take away weapons" - ... as I played I found that it would be nice as a differentiation from Nexuiz to allow a player to 'take' a weapon from another. If I bump into a player, I get their best weapon. This would encourage a player to get close to GET a weapon, but also work the other way to keep some distance for fear of losing one.

I once coded that idea, actually Tongue but as a hard-to-hit-with close range gun.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

Hey, you can take credit for the suggestion.... I just want to see a gud game.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Controlling weapons in xonotic Chongus 17 11,325 11-28-2016, 05:17 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  Glowmaps on weapons don't work right. Electro glows red! XonoxSeven 1 2,776 09-26-2011, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Mepper