Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chess Xonotic

Hello,
I've been watching some chess boxing recently -- for those who don't know it is chess combined with boxing, players take rounds and the game is won either by checkmate or KO -- and I was wondering if we could combine chess and Xonotic in the same way.
My draft of the rules is this:
  1. First a game of chess is played.
  2. Then a Xonotic duel is played.
  3. Then another game of chess is played with switched colors (palyer who played black is now white and vice versa). Time controls of chess should be such as to make the whole chess section last about the same time as duel, e.g. 3 minutes per side (2.5 mins is probably too fast).
  4. Score is assigned like this:
    • For chess each game is worth 100 points. If a player wins, he gets the 100, if it's a draw, both get 50.
    • Duel is worth 200 points. The player who wins gets 100 + the percentage of remaining 100 that corresponds to the ratio of final score, the loser gets the rest of the points.
I already tried this with Kyle, was pretty fun. I won the duel 29:7, he won both chess games, so he won 220 vs 180.
The rules should probably be tuned better etc., but it's a start.
Try it for fun, also feel free to suggest any rule changes or even combinations of other games with Xonotic Cool

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] New game mode: "Chess mate". RedGuff 9 11,543 02-08-2011, 12:14 PM
Last Post: ALT-F-X