Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Line-O-Sight

Lightbulb 
Hello!
I'am playing Nexuiz minsta (I'am even winning matches! lot's of them! Cool).

Recently I was knows under the nickname RedPing, anyway...

I thought that as we miss the ability of players to bend back and forth while aiming up and down, there is a simplier solution which might work as a nice improvement to the gameplay.

The problem is you can't really tell if someone is aiming at you or not looking at his player model. The horizontal aim is shown by player's rotation, but there is nothing to tell you if he is gonna do a laserjump or shoot some birds.

My idea is to introduce a Line-O-Sight that is starting at player's forehead (possibly the eyes) and is pointing directly where he is pointing with his gun/crosshair). That would tell you if you're close to death or not. I think that would also introduce more excitment from watching how amazing things people do while playing (if they are skilled).

That would look like a white line starting from about 30 cm from player's forehead, ending about 1~2 meters farther, could possibly look a bit more complicated but what for?

The center of rotation (pivot? origin?) should be placed inside playermodel's head i think (or in he's eyes)

.jpg   Line-O-Sight.jpg (Size: 63.98 KB / Downloads: 94)
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Could be interesting, but very annoying as well. I don't know Sad

Anyway, the weapon model rotates in Xonotic, you're way late on this Tongue

I also believe someone was working on spine deformations at some point, along with animation blending. If that could be implemented, that would be a far superior solution.
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Weapons are rotating vertically in Xonotic? Oh, that's cool I didn't know Big Grin

If someone had completed the spine deformations (or at least neck deformations) Line-O-Sight would be useless. And I would be very happy Big Grin
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

o_O in Xonotic weapon models rotate vertically? I must have a look again. That would be AWESOME!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

do they???? don't know! SCREENSHOTS Big Grin
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

Well if it isn't implemented already, it should be. It seems too inhuman (or alien) to shoot someone without pointing at them. Reminds me of aimbotters that shoot you while looking the other way.