Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Comic !

Photo 
(note to admin ... Feel free to move this if I put it in the wrong place... Off -topic didn't seem appropriate because this is sorta xonotic related ... and sanity island is so ... removed)

This is a forum comic. If any of you have read mspaint adventures you will know that this is...

The main Idea it that this is a mock adventure game. You provide commands in the comments, and I pick the first one that makes sense an advance the story.

Keep in mind I will not draw anything exceedingly violent (I do play with gibs off) so don't ask for blood fireworks.

There are four main characters You can control any/all of them.

commands should be in this format name :: order
character's speech will also be in this format

Start

.png   hty-comic-e1.png (Size: 175.67 KB / Downloads: 402)

You all wake up stranded on some sort of floating base... lost in the clouds. You got here by smuggling yourselves away from the from lines in a supply crate. Gakly didn't take the closed spaces very well. Herb is just fine because he hibernated the whole time. Only Shanon is armed with her old fashioned Heavy Laser Assault Cannon, but Gakly might be able to take someone with her fists.There are 2 supply crates near you. The one you smuggled in fell off the cliff.

Xillion :: We are not alone here there are others ... be cautious.

is this 18+?

Sounds fun! I'm in.

Herb :: activate your HUD-integrated browser for the universenet, connect to the hopelessly outdated information network people on a small blue planet still think is something ingeniously nerdy, browse to a strange site that promotes an actually rather cool game, log into the forum using the nick "hutty" and delete on of the double threads called "comic".

Shannon :: stop looking over Herb's shoulder, the game's cool alright but rather stay alert, you might want to keep a firm grip on that HLAC before some dev jumps out of a supply crate and takes it away!

Edit: Good work Herb!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

sorry about the double post ... xonotic.org was so slow lastnight I couldn't tellif it got the submission ... so natually I pushed the button again ... and still couldn't check it ... I had no idea it posted at all until this morning

Quote:is this 18+?
no --- this will be pg-13 at most

.png   hty-comic-e2.png (Size: 173.74 KB / Downloads: 360)

Shanon remains quite alert... looking carefully for whatever dev cratures might be out here. Especially if they are after her precious HLAC. Herb does whatever absurd task he was asked to but finds that someone had done it for him. Xillion tries to get a better view of the other entities in this floating base. Gakly is bored.

(02-06-2012, 07:31 AM)hutty Wrote: [size=x-small]sorry about the double post ... xonotic.org was so slow lastnight I couldn't tellif it got the submission ... so natually I pushed the button again ... and still couldn't check it ... I had no idea it posted at all until this morning

No problem, Herb took care of it. Your comic works like charm! :o)

Anyways.

Gakly :: knock on the two supply crates one after another and listen.

Shannon :: get off that supply crate, keep a firm grip on the HLAC and look alert and very important.

Xillion :: turn around. At least one has to secure the back of them!
My Xonstats Profile

.png   hty-comic-e3.png (Size: 177.91 KB / Downloads: 356)

Gakly and Herb start cautiously knocking on crates. They sound solid as if something is inside. Shanon reluctantly gets off of the crate still watching out for any HLAC nabbing devs. Xillion also gets off his crate and continues watching the other direction of Shanon.

BONUS! -- These characters are on one of the (official) xonotic maps. Can you figure out where they are? (before I make it obvious)

Haha let's see where this is going.

Shannon :: give Xillion the HLAC and tell him to take good care of it

Shannon :: jump down to the lower platform and get that rocket launcher, then take the vent lift up and get back to the crates

Xillion :: secure the area with the HLAC looking even more important

Shannon :: secure the crates

Gakly :: open the first crate

Edit: oh, this IS g-23, isn't it?
My Xonstats Profile

nope ... its not g-23 ... which makes the majority of those commands invalid.

guess again

is it dance?

Gakly :: try to open left crate
Herb :: check for the flag
Xillion :: grab grenade launcher
Shannon :: look upwards for devs jumping from above

Correct!

.png   hty-comic-e4.png (Size: 194.61 KB / Downloads: 304)

Herb :: Flag? ... oh so thats what its called

Gakly carefully opened the first supply grate to find... supplies.. spare crylink tubing to be exact. Shanon keeps at her HLAC protecting duties. Xillion found a Grenade Launcher sitting precariously on a ledge. The clouds are still pretty thick which makes it somewhat difficult to see very far.

On a side note Herb picks up some interference from hutty's outdated signal about how hard it is do draw the grenade launcher in inkscape. And also something abut dreading the time he would have to draw the nex.

hehe, funny, you dont have to make weapons so detailed, and theres no nex on dance

shannon :: guard the stairs
gakly :: grab small healths and armors
herb :: get electro and put it in your pocket
Xillion :: check the other crate

I know there is no nex on dance ... whether or not they will end up finding one anyways is a diffrent question

-- Its getting late Ill try to make the next one tomorrow -- will go here when finished --

edit -- not here anymore -- will be in new post

Wait, is this supposed to attract preteens to violent video games?
4m038105 - Be the change.

Now now. Hold on. Where is the opposite team? Where is Chookie? and why the hell Herb's a full stack when others doesn't?

Quote:Wait, is this supposed to attract preteens to violent video games?
wha?... no ... this is just for fun

the opposite team just hasn't shown themselves yet. Dont worry ... they will eventually.

whos Chookie? ... if its another one of the player models I only planned for four players (because there are four factions in my wip simplified version of the Tech Conglomerate storyline (see Xonotic wiki)) here I can put other models to represent other people. If the story goes far enough you will learn about where the characters are from.

For herb's HP ... as clearly stated in first comic (also explains gaklys low HP)
Quote:Herb is just fine because he hibernated the whole time.

also ... relax ... i'm only on the 4th panel

.png   hty-comic-e5.png (Size: 192.68 KB / Downloads: 238)

Shanon starts guarding the stairs ... although she firmly believes that they are called "steps". Herb went off to find more guns. His cyborg senses help him keep a bearing in the fog. Xillion opened the second supply crate ... and guess whats inside ... more supplies ... its looks like the crate was full of spare fans ... why would they have those ... does this place even have ventilation? Gakly is still sick from being crammed into a crate for several hours. She also cant see very well in the fog ... so Herb said he would bring back the healths.

note:: you can only give orders to characters shown in the current frame (that means you cant order around herb at the moment)

Gakly: Put down supplies and search for health shards near the edge of the platform
Xillion: Lay out all of the fans and supplies to get a better look at what they may be for

Gakly:: Look down, maybe throw a propeller there.
Shannon:: Send a grenade on the upper level.
Xillion:: Combine a fan with spare tubing to see what can be crafted from it.
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

hm, grenade, this is not overkill - there are standard weapons, and shannon has HLAC, Xillion has GL

I wonder what Gakly will do when Herb brings back the healths? This is a thing that puzzled me actually for quite a while already, what do characters DO with the health packs? Do they eat them? Do they just "absorb" them as it looks like in game? If so, how can Herb bring Gakly health packs without absorbing them on the way? I'm really looking forward to the explanation.

Also, is none of them hungry after the trip in a supply crate? They should start looking for stuff to have a picknick or smth.

Gakly :: have a lie down, it will do you good.
My Xonstats Profile

if you could get 3 other people together, you could probably make the scenes for this in game. :p
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

I volunteer :o)
My Xonstats Profile

Quote:I wonder what Gakly will do when Herb brings back the healths? This is a thing that puzzled me actually for quite a while already, what do characters DO with the health packs? Do they eat them? Do they just "absorb" them as it looks like in game? If so, how can Herb bring Gakly health packs without absorbing them on the way? I'm really looking forward to the explanation.

I was going to ask you guys the same thing...

Quote: if you could get 3 other people together, you could probably make the scenes for this in game.

you guys go ahead and start your own adventure using in game characters (wasn't someone making a sandbox mode?) as for me I will keep using inkscape ...

ps I would love to see you open a crate in the actual game.

And I would love to see a cute Gak ingame too.

(02-08-2012, 05:26 AM)Halogene Wrote: I wonder what Gakly will do when Herb brings back the healths? This is a thing that puzzled me actually for quite a while already, what do characters DO with the health packs? Do they eat them? Do they just "absorb" them as it looks like in game? If so, how can Herb bring Gakly health packs without absorbing them on the way? I'm really looking forward to the explanation.

Growth accelerated stem cells +adreniline injection.