Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Xonotic: Video on Demand (VoD)

Zeroql play other maps ffs!!! Big Grin
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

(12-08-2015, 04:54 AM)kojn^ Wrote: Zeroql play other maps ffs!!! Big Grin

Other maps have that bullshit Mirio gun! fuck that Big Grin
metsu ZeRoQL (Stats) - <@nifrek> true, I guess in tdm you also dont always have your perfect choice of weapon, especially when ZeRoQL is controlling nex Dodgy
KILLING X ZONE - Xonotic community movie

(12-08-2015, 06:23 AM)zeroql Wrote: Other maps have that bullshit Mirio gun! fuck that Big Grin
+1, not downer though.

Downer is a lovely map, I thought I was the only one who liked it Big Grin
[Image: 9214.png]

Was bored so I made a quickie:

As players in Xonotic depend a lot on blaster to reach the armor, there isn't much practice with non-splash jumps. Not knowing the circle jump alternative might leave you vulnerable in item contest situations when you're on 10hp and the nearby 25 bubbles are gone. Having the skill to perform at least the traditional circle jump might make all the difference in your match.

Compared to games like Quake 3, CPM, Reflex and Quake Live.. it's actually a lot harder to do in Xonotic for two reasons: You can't skip through corners and the scale of the map is bigger. There's also several ways to do the circle jump, ultimately it doesn't matter what keys you're pressing as long as you get the turn right. To my understanding this applies to QL, CPM and most Q3 relatives as well.

Physics in the video use default 0.8.1 balance and haven't been altered in any way.

Awesome. I'm honestly impressed.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Thank you so much, Smilecythe! I've been trying to learn this forever. This is super helpful!

Another spot I've failed again and again is the jump to mega health in Stormkeep. Sometimes with speed I can reach it but that's when I'm very lucky. I suspect that's where I should use circle jump. If you get a chance, could you make one for that spot, too?

Put on your speedometer (from hud editor) and spin on the ground (somewhere with open space) to see which kind of turns give you the most speed. Then practice timing the jump at the peak of your groundspeed. Then practice setting up an angle for your circle jumps at that mega health area.

(12-09-2015, 04:07 PM)BuddyFriendGuy Wrote: Thank you so much, Smilecythe! I've been trying to learn this forever. This is super helpful!

Another spot I've failed again and again is the jump to mega health in Stormkeep. Sometimes with speed I can reach it but that's when I'm very lucky. I suspect that's where I should use circle jump. If you get a chance, could you make one for that spot, too?

BFG Theres a little ledge right next to the wall that you can use to give yourself a boost. That jump is actually quite easy to make. I can help you with it when you have some free time.
[Image: 38443.png]

Smilecythe and SPLAT, thank you so much! I will give it a try.

SPLAT, I'm pretty booked this holiday season but I'll try to catch you next time! Thank you again for the offer!

2 more videos:

post only wins lol Big Grin

(12-13-2015, 05:09 PM)Champion_The Wrote: post only wins lol Big Grin
People who always win got nothing else to show Wink

If I get any close defeats I'll post them. I don't have old demos anymore, and I don't see the sense in uploading a demo of my perspective where I get raped, it would be better to get the perspective of my opponent then.

Nevertheless, Smilecythe the man of course is right Wink

The same goes for my material as well. I'll post POVs of the winners, usually. If it is a loss, it will almost always be on my POV since I can explain what I did wrong (and I do LOTS of things wrong, despite playing this game for years). I don't usually feel comfortable analyzing others this way.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

and something to thing of.

(12-14-2015, 09:39 AM)Antibody Wrote: The same goes for my material as well. I'll post POVs of the winners, usually. If it is a loss, it will almost always be on my POV since I can explain what I did wrong (and I do LOTS of things wrong, despite playing this game for years). I don't usually feel comfortable analyzing others this way.

Exactly. Actually I might upload losses, if they're really close or whatever Big Grin

metsu ZeRoQL (Stats) - <@nifrek> true, I guess in tdm you also dont always have your perfect choice of weapon, especially when ZeRoQL is controlling nex Dodgy

Who's the guy who talks about strap-ons on the background

(01-04-2016, 03:57 AM)Smilecythe Wrote: Who's the guy who talks about strap-ons on the background

Its a friend from Denmark, I was on skype call whole time Big Grin shame OBS didnt record my voice

Commentary video.

You should disable damage blur and effects, they are annoying to look at and probably play with too Tongue

Man you went off on a tangent about yourself on a damn good duel demo. Remind me not to have you upload anymore of my games if you're going to 'commentate'.

Now you made me look into it, SPLAT ;o)

It's his first commentary. I'd say thank you for your effort - if you want to improve the reception of a commentary, you'll want to take constructive criticism seriously.

My thoughts: try to see the commentary as a service for the player community and a tribute to those playing. It's a good idea to raise interest in the content by showing interest yourself rather than trying to sound as cool as possible and habitually bored. A commentary should focus primarily at the stuff the players do, and if there's room for any anecdotes they should also connect to at least one of the players. Emphasize nice tricks even if they don't work out (such as fake laser jumps) and try to understand and comment the mental gameplay of the current player (prediction, pushing, retreating). Trying to make a commentary showcase your own person may very easily result in people bashing it and brandmarking yourself as arrogant (I myself stopped watching at 8:13). You already did quite a nice job on parts of the demo, try to shift the focus from your own person towards the game and the players and you'll be already doing a lot better commentaries in future. Keep it up!

Edit: or you do it like ZeroQL and don't call it a "commentary", then you apparently get away with blatantly unrelated trashtalk. Then it's also more like "look at my person" (which doesn't always manage to boost general interest).
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

I asked him to upload it for a sake of convenience not to do a commentary. Then it ended up being like a 5 min rant on why certain people didn't like him. It just totally wasted a high quality demo.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Demos from the Crypt (Xonotic VIDEO) kojn^ 7 4,878 02-02-2019, 05:56 PM
Last Post: kojn^
  Some non-pro gameplay video unfa 9 6,941 07-07-2017, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  Old Xonotic Video kojn^ 4 5,515 09-28-2016, 11:27 AM
Last Post: kojn^
  A frag video with a twist srkdy 7 7,517 10-12-2015, 12:59 PM
Last Post: thimo
  Overkill + Jetpack video end user 11 14,330 10-06-2014, 04:55 AM
Last Post: tZork
  Xonotic Video Tutorials machine! 6 7,557 08-15-2014, 05:11 PM
Last Post: poVoq
  Player model cat walk video? end user 6 10,193 07-16-2014, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Dedicated map repo and video hosting site... end user 28 30,005 07-13-2014, 05:04 PM
Last Post: end user
Video Basic movements video Karamel 4 6,303 03-25-2014, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Karamel
  Frag video of november KoalaBearScarf 6 6,795 12-06-2013, 11:06 PM
Last Post: dizzy