Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Xonotic: Video on Demand (VoD)

Get the textures for aggressor. FOV is too high for a movie, try 110 or so. idk why you have the console death messages and the timer enabled.. and make the fragmessage text much bigger.

Effects are almost perfect, needs to be a bit brighter overall though.
I'll submit some stuff.

I am supprised nobody has made a video to show off the jetpack high speed skiing and aerial combat feature. That's how Xonotic stands out of other shooter games. So I made one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V3_12e-...e=youtu.be

Sorry about the bad recording quality due to my limited harddrive space.

I hope Xonotic could support mp4 format recording as a build-in feature in next release.(it's very easy with OpenCV). AVI files are always too big.

(09-07-2014, 02:28 AM)zwz Wrote: I am supprised nobody has made a video to show off the jetpack high speed skiing and aerial combat feature. That's how Xonotic stands out of other shooter games. So I made one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V3_12e-...e=youtu.be

Sorry about the bad recording quality due to my limited harddrive space.

I hope Xonotic could support mp4 format recording as a build-in feature in next release.(it's very easy with OpenCV). AVI files are always too big.

You can have the coolest features but they are useless when there's not enough players in the game or the player base wants to play mostly minsta and vanilla weapon games are on private pick up servers that no one sees.

Also there some real hate for any games where the ping is 120+. The server becomes like a leper no one wants to touch,

As for jet packs we had 15+ players on UT4 Super Man map on the Freeze Mofo server flaying around left and right although the server was Camping Rifle only.

You can create some cool game play with Xontoic, physics and the mutators but eh it it ain't minsta....

Should add my last jet Pack server I experimented with using the jet pack as a jump booster instead of the laser. Couldn’t quite get it as the available changes through cvars just didn't allow for nice fast jump with quick fuel drain recharge although I was using Overkill with it so that might limited my physics changes.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

(09-07-2014, 02:28 AM)zwz Wrote: I hope Xonotic could support mp4 format recording as a build-in feature in next release.(it's very easy with OpenCV). AVI files are always too big.

What is wrong with ogg?

cl_capturevideo_ogg 1 iirc (you can either do "apropos cl_capturevideo" to find it or auto-complete with tab to see the options).

(09-07-2014, 05:17 AM)machine! Wrote: What is wrong with ogg?

Some editing softwares like Vegas don't have support for it by default if at all.

(09-07-2014, 02:43 AM)end user Wrote: You can have the coolest features but they are useless when there's not enough players in the game or the player base wants to play mostly minsta and vanilla weapon games are on private pick up servers that no one sees.

Also there some real hate for any games where the ping is 120+. The server becomes like a leper no one wants to touch

There's only one private vanilla pickup server, every single other one is public; people come on them, we attempt to talk to them, and then they either leave or stay. mostly leave. Americans and europeans play across the atlantic on UK servers with 100-120 ping no problem. afaik there are no private minsta servers.

(09-07-2014, 02:43 AM)end user Wrote: You can create some cool game play with Xontoic, physics and the mutators but eh it it ain't minsta....

yep, adding weapons, mutators, and especially all important physics makes massive improvement over minsta Big Grin

also the music is ridiculously loud

(09-07-2014, 05:17 AM)machine! Wrote:
(09-07-2014, 02:28 AM)zwz Wrote: I hope Xonotic could support mp4 format recording as a build-in feature in next release.(it's very easy with OpenCV). AVI files are always too big.

What is wrong with ogg?

I tried that, bbut OGG recording makes the gameplay extremely LAGGY.

Look here: http://www.xonotic.org/2014/06/capturing...c-moments/

Also even if it lags when you record that doesn't mean the output file will not have good FPS.

(09-07-2014, 12:45 PM)machine! Wrote: Look here: http://www.xonotic.org/2014/06/capturing...c-moments/

Also even if it lags when you record that doesn't mean the output file will not have good FPS.

Yes but if it lags, I can't play it well so I can't make the great moments to happen, right?

And OGG is not a mainstream format. Why not implementing the MP4 recording with OpenCV, it's just 2 lines of codes if my memory serves.

Also we need more maps with smooth bump terrain (like the one shown in the video). Current jetpack maps are so rocky.

The way to go is to enable demo recording while playing (it's in the "demo" tab). Then you can replay the demos and it doesn't matter at all if it stutters then - you'll get perfect fps in the video.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Then you can replay the demos and it doesn't matter at all if it stutters then - you'll get perfect fps in the video.
-----------------------
That is what I have explained: with the lags, I can't aim well, so I can't make the great moments happen, so I can't make good video out of it.

UPDATE: Have all frags recorded, about 90-100 in total, so I'm sorting through them now. I will be doing the editing later tonight so hopefully I'll be able to finish by tomorrow night Smile
[Image: 29271.png]

<Samual> Everybody better be playing I Wish by Skee-Lo, it is the song of my duels!

You record "demos", these are files with the match recorded in an effecient non-video format. Then you go to the demo tab in multiplayer menu and record videos of those demos. You can enable demos to be saved for all matches you play.

(09-07-2014, 10:40 PM)zwz Wrote: Then you can replay the demos and it doesn't matter at all if it stutters then - you'll get perfect fps in the video.
-----------------------
That is what I have explained: with the lags, I can't aim well, so I can't make the great moments happen, so I can't make good video out of it.

Go to the Mu;tiplayer window and in the Demo tag and make sure you have the Demo recording checked. After that each game will be recorded and this demo can be replayed any time through the Demo list.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

By MP4, do you mean h.264? If so, I don't think it's reasonable to expect support for this in DarkPlaces any time soon, because patents and royalties are involved.

EDIT: Plus, if realtime OGG encoding is laggy for you, I'd expect a possibility of lags with realtime h.264 encoding too.

Yep, if OGG lags you're sure to get more with h.264. Besides, it's not going to be available anyways - you'd have to transcode it yourself with VirtualDub or ffmpeg.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Oh I wasn't aware of that cool feature (similar to the demo recording function in StarCraft and WarCraft), this is awesome. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Also I need some maps with smooth bump terrain to make more videos of this type. Any suggestion?

(09-08-2014, 02:21 PM)zwz Wrote: Oh I wasn't aware of that cool feature (similar to the demo recording function in StarCraft and WarCraft), this is awesome. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Also I need some maps with smooth bump terrain to make more videos of this type. Any suggestion?

Something like Lord Of The Moths like in the first video? There are some I'd have to look through the map list and dig them out.

(09-08-2014, 03:05 PM)end user Wrote:
(09-08-2014, 02:21 PM)zwz Wrote: Oh I wasn't aware of that cool feature (similar to the demo recording function in StarCraft and WarCraft), this is awesome. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Something like Lord Of The Moths like in the first video? There are some I'd have to look through the map list and dig them out.

Yes I would like t osee more maps like Lord of hte Moths with smooth slopes, bumps, ramps, well suited for skiing

Server: Super Mario Bros. USA
Map: Tron
Mode: Capture the flag, + granades
Client: Xonotic 0.7
Perspective: Ar(tent)

A map that is a mix between Xonotic and Tron, standard xonotic movement + standard tron gameplay, really funny experiment, but really hellish to play Smile
[Image: 9074.png]

(10-01-2014, 02:27 AM)Ari Wrote: A map that is a mix between Xonotic and Tron, standard xonotic movement + standard tron gameplay, really funny experiment, but really hellish to play Smile

yeah instead of that abomination, play 8bit_arena by cbrutail

[Image: 8oWIz8m.jpg]

Server: Super Mario Bros. USA
Map: Skybowl
Mode: FreezeTag, Minsta + Hook
Client: Xonotic 0.7
Perspective: Ari(tent)
Effects: Ultra

Good point I'll try 8bit_arena later
[Image: 9074.png]

Dat config...Big Grin
<machine> dude, i know i suck Smile
<OHSNAP! Mossepo> but you dont like finko-suck, u have potential to be good
Diomedes: Finko: You are the most intelligent guy in this community.

Yeah those flares needs to go, commented about that in first vid Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Demos from the Crypt (Xonotic VIDEO) kojn^ 7 4,869 02-02-2019, 05:56 PM
Last Post: kojn^
  Some non-pro gameplay video unfa 9 6,929 07-07-2017, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  Old Xonotic Video kojn^ 4 5,513 09-28-2016, 11:27 AM
Last Post: kojn^
  A frag video with a twist srkdy 7 7,508 10-12-2015, 12:59 PM
Last Post: thimo
  Overkill + Jetpack video end user 11 14,319 10-06-2014, 04:55 AM
Last Post: tZork
  Xonotic Video Tutorials machine! 6 7,544 08-15-2014, 05:11 PM
Last Post: poVoq
  Player model cat walk video? end user 6 10,188 07-16-2014, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Dedicated map repo and video hosting site... end user 28 29,977 07-13-2014, 05:04 PM
Last Post: end user
Video Basic movements video Karamel 4 6,301 03-25-2014, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Karamel
  Frag video of november KoalaBearScarf 6 6,790 12-06-2013, 11:06 PM
Last Post: dizzy