Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio Mod?

Hi everyone!

I've recently discovered Xonotic and have fallen in love. I've set up a private server for a small group of friends to enjoy together.
I was curious on how to implement a radio mod much like is used on Jeff & Julius Resurrection Server were the server is indeed autocaching music pk3s to play in the background; if the user doesn't want this they turn it off via the console. My friends and I would think it's cool to load up some music while we play;

Also does this mod STOP playing music when a map has music built in? I'm curious how that works. I just wanted to know if that is something custom they did themselves or if there is a process in which you can set it up easily. Thanks very much in advance for any guidance anyone can provide.

Hi!

Yes, there's a radio mod: (it's made as a part of SMB mod, Jeff's mod is just a fork of it)
https://github.com/z/xonotic-radio-servi...me-ov-file
I've fount it via Google.

Not sure, but...
This mod works only with radio on and radio off, so when the radio works, you can't stop playing music when a map has its own music (until you do "radio off").
My maps:
CTF: Trident_ctf, Moon terror;
DM: Checkfriend, Landing hedge;
Duel: tempullit, X air walker;
Kota-dooM: Kota-dooM, Kota-dooM4 (-2);
Race: Map packs;
Special: Triangle, Mid space 'em.

You can check out my other maps here.

Thanks for the information - It likely won't be usable for me since I'm using a service (pingperfect) to host my server and not a machine I have full access to install the additional dependencies it requires.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to modify the instagib mod/mutator sonotic 3 2,578 01-11-2020, 05:19 PM
Last Post: sonotic
  [MoFo] Foul Play [Overkill Mod] North America end user 4 4,868 11-09-2015, 03:12 PM
Last Post: end user
Question Finding a solution for the [MoN] Overkill [MOD] server FoGia 7 7,621 05-26-2013, 04:21 PM
Last Post: end user