Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Mofo] Rifle Riot [Camping Rifle/CRA]

Since there was no Freeze Tag servers listed I created one and based it off the Nexuiz The BadAssChoobs Camping Rifle server.

Server name: [Mofo] Goes Camping [Camping Rifle/CRA]

What is Freezetag? Well its basically Team Death match but you freeze your opponents when they die. The team that gets all of their players frozen loses BUT you can also unfreeze your teammates but standing next to them.

Weapons

Default Rifle - Primary fire is single fire 80 point damage. Secondary Fire Rapid 5 shot 20 point damage each shot.

Second weapon - Laser for jumping and such.

I'd like to have a hand granade for a third weapon like on some of the other servers but will have to investigate that. For now I might just set the Granade Launcher to have more damage per granade.

The server runs an i7/16GB of ram and is located at Hetzner in Germany. Also check out my Vehicle Maps server which runs on the same hardware so there's plenty of power for lag free game play.

Suggestions and Questions post here.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

I set the grappling hook to act line in Nexuiz where a player can pull in their frozen teammates or enemies.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

All right now we got grenades and health/armor pickups thanks to Mario. Hook has been disabled.

To use grenades use the default key for hook, usually (e). If you press and hold the button it'll shorten the timer and it'll explode faster.

I have to try the grenades then, let's meet there again! Big Grin
XMPP Conferences
xonotic@conference.jabber.org → General discussion
xonotic@conf.jabberes.org → Spanish-speakers
I pronounce it Shonotic.

(05-28-2013, 09:05 AM)SouL Wrote: I have to try the grenades then, let's meet there again! Big Grin

Yah they can be quite fun on certain maps like the ikzdm map.

Rifle freeztag... yeah, remeber that from the ol' nexuiz days... i believe that server is sttill active...
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

(05-28-2013, 04:59 PM)aa Wrote: Rifle freeztag... yeah, remeber that from the ol' nexuiz days... i believe that server is sttill active...

Yah there are couple of them, was there the last few days and one was 20/20 the other had at least 12 players.

We NEED to get all of those players into Xonotic.

(05-29-2013, 08:51 AM)aa Wrote: We NEED to get all of those players into Xonotic.

From reading some of the forums posts else were, mind you these are a few years old, some of them were not Xon fans at all. I'm sure if enough followed then we'd see the rest come over.

I'll have to play the server for a bit and get the maps from dlcache. I've got some but for someone reason some of them wont list in the server maps list but you can access them by tying in the console "maps" then when the list comes up "maps map_name_here"

Did you copy them from dlcache to maps? If you did, then check the mapinfos.

(05-29-2013, 01:16 PM)aa Wrote: Did you copy them from dlcache to maps? If you did, then check the mapinfos.

I did even put the modified mapinfos in to data/maps.

Set up a MinstNex + Grenade Launcher server today.

No powerups
Primary fire MinstaNex instant kill secondary fire laser jump
Grenade Launcher 1 shot every 6 seconds to stop spamming

I activated "dodging" on the servers. Double clicking movement arrows make your character dodge in a give direction.

Well just for the hell of it added a Overkill version of the Freezetag server.

Nice, thank you!
XMPP Conferences
I pronounce it Shonotic.

Thanks to Mario you can now jump while frozen just line in Nexuiz. Double tap the w a s or d key to jump in selected direction.

(06-04-2013, 09:19 PM)end user Wrote: Thanks to Mario you can now jump while frozen just line in Nexuiz. Double tap the w a s or d key to jump in selected direction.

I've just tried it and it's like a sack race, really funny haha!
XMPP Conferences
I pronounce it Shonotic.

Server is up to #6 in the stats Smile so lets play play play lol to get it up higher. Send info on the server to all of your Nexuiz CRA junkie friends our stuff is better and lasts longer lol.

#3!! in the Server Stats were coming for you Mario!!! LOL

Just so I don't feel bad I donated to the ESK server Tongue

Congratulations! Big Grin
XMPP Conferences
I pronounce it Shonotic.

ATM we have reached #2! in the Most active server list. Should be head to head today but well pull away.

Got some more customized maps coming thanks for DBC Jizzy and he's already fixed a few Nex ones that didn't work in Xon properly.

Ok so new updates!!!!

Tues we hit 23 players at the same time, was quite the gong show.

NOW thanks to MARIO we now have the following options

• New less buggy nades hopefully less suicides lol
  • We now have hook which can be used to fish in frozen players close to you or used to move your frozen enemies to a hiding spot.
  • If frozen on top of a building a player can now fall off the building and break the ice.

For those liking what you see please donate to ESK servers http://eatseakittens.com/donate/ because its thanks to Marios special sauce that we can have these features.

Great, great, great!

Going to play now Big Grin
XMPP Conferences
I pronounce it Shonotic.

I've added several maps. The server has been getting quite a bit of play.

1. chronic
  2. city_new-york
  3. cpm25
  4. cpm29_nex_r1
  5. cubes-x03-r02
  6. darkcity
  7. dastower40
  8. desertfactory_v1
  9. double-miniman_nodoors
  10. dusty_v2
  11. fortsntowerassault
  12. fragcity
  13. frankishtower14
  14. ikzdm1
  15. industrial_nex_r1
  16. littlemexico_v1r2
  17. lolicity2
  18. lord-of-the-moths
  19. mmkitch_v1r3
  20. old-steel-complex
  21. q2edge
  22. q2warehouse
  23. q3dust2
  24. recratemini
  25. reqkitchen_withradar
  26. sg-x
  27. showdown_v2r0
  28. silvercity-reloaded_r1
  29. tk471dm1
  30. treasureisland_v2
  31. unfinishedtower2

Well I've added the Pony models (Pawny) to the server which can be called with vcall pawny if its noy t active. To remove the Pawnys use vcall erebus which will revert the models to Mega Erebus. You need to enter these commands in the game console which you access but hitting the ~ key.

Currently the server will assign a different pony skin (4 total) randomly to each player.

To break up the non stop FT action and keep people from getting burnt out I've also added voting for KH (Key Hunt with up to 3 teams) and TDM (Team Death Match). To active each game type use the following in the game console (~ key)

vcall ft - for Freezetag
vall kh - for Key Hunt
vcall tdm - for Team Death Match.

Sometime this week I'll also be working on getting www.killer.xxx working with an info website for the server which will include full info on the game type with videos of game play.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [ MoFo ] Servers Master Thread end user 5 4,957 11-27-2020, 09:33 PM
Last Post: end user
  [MoFo] With A Shotgun [Shotgun Only] end user 12 14,498 08-19-2017, 02:22 PM
  [MoFo] Gear Grinder [Vehicles] end user 26 17,709 08-19-2017, 02:19 PM
  [MoFo] Pick Me Up [Montreal] Pick up server end user 3 4,087 11-14-2015, 10:47 PM
  [MoFo] Foul Play [Overkill Mod] North America end user 4 4,708 11-09-2015, 03:12 PM
  MoFo is back! Mario 0 2,796 02-25-2015, 12:26 AM
Last Post: Mario
  [ Drive Mofo ] Vehicle CTF Server end user 5 6,946 03-01-2014, 05:12 PM
  Jetpack + Overkill server [ Fly Mofo ] end user 0 2,830 10-09-2013, 04:51 PM