Create an account

Poll: Rating
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Great
0%
0 0%
Good
36.36%
4 36.36%
O.K.
27.27%
3 27.27%
Bad
9.09%
1 9.09%
Baddest
27.27%
3 27.27%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
N/A

Stupid and too annoying.

Well, isn't it way TOO dark in there...?

And btw, English grammar: it's "the worst", not "baddest"

Some areas are dark, some are less so, but that's one of the points of the map. It also uses random warpzones by divverent, requires latest xonotic git.
Every time you load the map, it's configured diffrently.

@community, mods etc: don't ban him at sight.

Although I feel a bit uncomfortable talking to you in fear of starting another flame war thread and having you banned again etc, I'll just have to reply to this.

Mikee, this map has a LOT of potential in it. I love the details and the lighting in these cube formed rooms. Checked with chase_active 1, and it really shouldn't affect gameplay too much in terms of being too dark to see your opponent (which I at first thought it might). Fits the theme just right, I think we need a dark map like this in Xonotic.

While I know it's probably your intention and the whole idea behind the map to have these cube rooms like they are, linked up as they are too, I think that for the sake of gameplay it'd be better to just combine them in a traditional way with doorways/hallways and such. I'm saying this because this could seriously be a good DM map candidate with a proper layout, and as you might know we badly lack DM/TDM maps at the moment. I'm thinking of a map roughly the size of final_rage could be perfect, at least it makes up for excellent fast-paced DM and duels. By linking up a bunch of these different rooms I'm finding you could create a very interesting duel/dm map.

Wonder why performance is this bad however, I'm not seeing many warpzone renders or anything with r_speeds. Are those still conventional lasers in the laser rooms? They sure look cool, but I'm suspecting it's those that degrade performance. Did you try having them as sprites yet? (sorry if they already are, I'm too tired to check Big Grin)

Edit: Oh, random warpzones. That's why I had trouble finding my way around (also explains why the map is built as it is now) Big Grin
Edit2: On a second thought, leave this map as it is with the warpzones, and if you are interested, release another with ideas above.
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

Forgot a texture:
http://omploader.org/vNHg5YQ/pandormalcy9.pk3
Updated pk3 with missing texture.
The performance is bad because each room is connected by warpzones, which take as much GPU power to compute as a reflection... but time will smooth out even the currently slowest of maps. You can play CTF in this map too, though it takes awhile to find the other base usually (though sometimes it's quick to find one, but the other is well hidden: it's all random chance Smile .) There are also a few traps.

Some destinations:
2 Star drives (aka: fusion reactors, laser confignment, you might notice some gravity fields around them)
2 Oxygen gardens
2 flag bases.
1 infinite pit you fall down untill you /kill yourself, you can reach speeds past 8000mph. There are grating windows onto the pit in so if you see a light which is shining from past two gratings, you're probably looking onto the pit (but if somone is falling mega fast you might miss them anyway Tongue)
A bunch of cube rooms (2 of each color)
Lots of dark air venting area.
A few well lit corridors.
Sniper tower in each base (outside glass is mirrored). 4qu so you can shoot through the glass with the included campingrifle)
Every time it's a diffrent map.

Could you play a ctf game in it with alot of people to test? I did waypointing but the bots ignore them as they won't traverse the warpzones.

Thanks to div0 for creating warpzones.

Although the map isn't really playable for a match, it's interesting to hang around. Had to enable r_fullbright to be able to get out of the first room however Tongue

hehe very interesting, feels very single player like Smile
There's nothing better than getting off you butt and contributing to a community. There is no excuse when it comes to computers. Spend a little of you playing time, giving back Smile

I know that movie. Great use of warpzones there.

Can't explain why performance is so bad, even with warpzone renders turned off. The rooms are small and apparently completely sealed. Also I get a lot of these messages:

Quote:would have to put player in solid, won't do that
WARPZONE FAIL AHAHAHAHAH))

(07-13-2010, 07:00 PM)simplus Wrote: infinite pit you fall down untill you /kill yourself, you can reach speeds past 8000mph. There are grating windows onto the pit in so if you see a light which is shining from past two gratings, you're probably looking onto the pit (but if somone is falling mega fast you might miss them anyway Tongue)

lol yes i found it :o
crazy xD
nice map Smile
info:
This message was written with 100% recycled electrons!!! Angel
No trees were destroyed and no animals were harmed.

I can't manage to try this map because of performance, but from what I hear seems a very cool idea.
Though I cannot laugh seeing the screenshots were taken with 6/10fps Tongue

(07-14-2010, 01:51 PM)parasti Wrote:
Quote:WARPZONE FAIL AHAHAHAHAH))

MMh, that reminds me of someone...

http://omploader.org/vNHh6aA/pandormalcy9.pk3

Updated to get dom points out of solid, gave more time for ctf and dom matches (and requires more points for dom)

Some videos: http://omploader.org/vNHkwaQ/dpvideo007.ogv
http://omploader.org/vNHkwaA/dpvideo006.ogv
http://omploader.org/vNHkwbA/dpvideo005.ogv

Dude, this map is as epic as it is broken.
Glad to see you back at map work again.
What is the tune on your videos? l like it a lot.
These videos remind me of a night out consisting of too much alcohol, in a poorly lit nightclub,... with really low framerate? ahmmm...
Anyway: good work sir, now go fix that crap Big Grin
nomnomnomnonmonm:
"the best trolls are indistinguishable from idiots"

(07-16-2010, 12:25 PM)Rad Ished Wrote: What is the tune on your videos? l like it a lot.

It's the track "snow" from Vega Strike.
(04-01-2010, 11:21 AM)Roanoke Wrote: Yes, beveled edges are more futuristic. Like BSG and their beveled paper.
But only on one edge.

Btw, all the music from vegastrike is GPL.

"These videos remind me of a night out consisting of too much alcohol, in a poorly lit nightclub,... with really low framerate? ahmmm...
Anyway: good work sir, now go fix that crap Big Grin"

Right now each warpzone renders a full frame even if the warpzone is far away and tiny. There are 6 warpzones per room often, and usually 3 or 4 in your line of view. Lord Havok has thought up a way to optimize warpzones by only rendering what can be seen, rather than full frame all the time. Ask him to work on that optimization please Smile.

I also took the vid at 5fps because I didn't want it to be a big file.

"Glad to see you back at map work again."
Thanks. I am, but reluctantly. I heard from people that some other people in the xonotic community were seriously trying to have me locked up in an insane asylum, if only they had my address. Is this true, who is trying this? I heard it was four people.

Also I heard that someone tried to report me to the ISP of whatever IP address I came into the IRC channel with a week or so back. Is this true? Who was that?

BTW: A few weeks ago the supreme court ruled that any man in the USA who is "Sexually Dangerous" can be held in civil confinement for the remainder of their life on the decision of a law enforcement agent. I'm sure this includes anyone who thinks women under the "age of majority" should be married to men since they are fertile. Is this where those four people got their idea from?

Since hearing of these alleged plots I have been reconsidering my involvement with anything having to do with xonotic. So, thank you for welcoming me back, but I am not sure if I should stay since I have been told that people in this community are attempting to have me locked up for life because of my beliefs. (Can anyone confirm this stuff?)

[Image: discologo.png]
This is here for no reason.

[Image: 1274616869612.jpg]
nomnomnomnonmonm:
"the best trolls are indistinguishable from idiots"

I thought you gave up making maps for nexuiz?
It looks good but its slow, dark and confusing.
[Image: di-712770583645.png]

"It looks good but its slow, dark and confusing. "

Big Grin That's exactly what I wanted it to be Big Grin
The inspirations for this map were the movies cube and pandorum, and the unreal tournament map fractal. Also div0 made portals and random portals so I had to utilize them in a map Tongue.

(07-31-2010, 10:30 PM)simplus Wrote: "It looks good but its slow, dark and confusing. "

Big Grin That's exactly what I wanted it to be Big Grin
The inspirations for this map were the movies cube and pandorum, and the unreal tournament map fractal. Also div0 made portals and random portals so I had to utilize them in a map Tongue.

I see the cube influence. I havent seen Pandorum, going to watch it on netflix now Big Grin
[Image: di-712770583645.png]

So this is more of a darkmatch type of map? I need to play this.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Yes.

Hey, since I couldn't catch you on irc yesterday... A few people got intrigued by the map source.
[Image: warpzones.th.jpg]
How did you not get lost in all those entity links?! This is insane. You must have a trick for this, no?

EDIT: he told me there's only a couple of target names, nothing too crazy in that case