Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] For the next version...

Soooo,
Nimbus and me from the Apocalyptic xtreme Gamerz have some suggestions for the Minstagib modes.
  • Make the player models brighter.
  • The hook is acting very strange sometimes.
  • Maybe a other gunmodel, this one is getting old.

We hope you will think about the first thing much more then the two others.
Cause that one is the important one.

Thank you,
Asgar and N1mbus from AxG.

Did you use the fullbright skins?
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Does anybody else hate fullbright models? I cannot stand glowing players.
[Image: jngsiggy.png]

Yeah, most minsta servers in 2.5.2 used fullbrights.

I do agree with the model request, the current one looks like a squirt gun. Wink

If I was a better blender user I had done one... but blender seems to hate me xD
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

(12-26-2010, 03:42 PM)Asgar [AxG] Wrote: Soooo,
Nimbus and me from the Apocalyptic xtreme Gamerz have some suggestions for the Minstagib modes.
Visibility is poor atm, at times. but making models all over brighter aren't the answer imo. Rather make better use of glow parts and perhaps "fatten" them.
Asgar [AxG] Wrote:
  • How are those points suggestions? Wink

(12-26-2010, 07:02 PM)tZork Wrote: Visibility is poor atm, at times. but making models all over brighter aren't the answer imo. Rather make better use of glow parts and perhaps "fatten" them.

it's called "HDR" Big Grin
    Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Plz, use the one from the tunichtguten server if possible Big Grin
    He can talk the talk, but can he caulk the caulk?

(12-26-2010, 07:42 PM)theShadow Wrote:
    (12-26-2010, 07:02 PM)tZork Wrote: Visibility is poor atm, at times. but making models all over brighter aren't the answer imo. Rather make better use of glow parts and perhaps "fatten" them.

it's called "HDR" Big Grin

How is high dynamic range rendering even remotely related to this? Huh

Lol, HDR eats my fps, and not a little bit ;-)
    On the AxG server in 2.5.2 we had that problem with brightness too, but they did make something higher, i dunno what, im not the admin of it.
    Also, sometimes the DieTunichtguten player models arent good at some maps, like the blue ones at evilspace. The blue is almost the same to the grey of evilspace. Why just dont make the player moels a little brighter at the minsta servers :-)

@ tZork : I dont know, N1mbus said that I had to write that too. I will ask him later today what he means with that ;-)

/Asgar

Nah i meant the tunichtguten minsta gun model Big Grin it's pretty excellent.. Or use the xonotic nex model for the minsta mode, too
    He can talk the talk, but can he caulk the caulk?

+1 for the DieTunichtguten model... maybe some little tweaks Wink
    MY NOOB STATS:
    [Image: 788.png]

(12-26-2010, 03:42 PM)Asgar Wrote:

How so? I've played on your server when the preview came out and did not notice much difference between Xonotic and Nexuiz hooks, except for awkward server configuration. Didn't care about other options because I use r_fullbright and play without a gunmodel :)

Edit: MyBB's bbcode parser sucks.

Lol, as I said, i will ask n1mbus how so.

I also vote for the xonotic nex/xon model being used for the minsta mode.
    The current minsta model doesn't fit the game in terms of style and quality, while the nex/xon rifle is one of the best models atm.

There was already a discussion about that minsta rifle on DieTunichtguten:

Click me

Quote:[...]afaik this model isnt offical because the author doesnt set it under a license[...]

and what about Bommel's model? It looks damn good
    http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=830&page=1

it seems all links from that thread are borked, but it was really cool...
    <Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
    <Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
    <Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
    Frogg on Instagram

Asgar Wrote:
    Can't really do this by default, as that's kinda bad. It makes sense that the model skins aren't glowing Tongue However, there are fullbright skins-- do this on your server (or even locally): sv_fbskin_green or sv_fbskin_orange or sv_fbskin_red

Asgar Wrote:
    Specifics please? This is not helpful at all.

Asgar Wrote:
    It's planned that we will replace all weapon models which originally existed from Nexuiz, ESPECIALLY weapons which are ugly such as old minstanex model (Old/bad models get priority, then all others.)

By the way, with respect to the DieTunichtGuten model, there is a reason it was never added to Nexuiz SVN back when that decision was viable - iirc there was an issue of lacking source, and the texture for it needed to be redone as it was too dark. Not entirely sure on the details anymore though.

Although I missed seeing Bommel's model (links are broken) -- i'd still say that it's perhaps better to go with a new model anyway, especially since DTG used that old model primarily on their server for ages on Nexuiz.

(12-28-2010, 05:35 PM)Samual Wrote: Although I missed seeing Bommel's model (links are broken)

I had a copy of the viewport screenshot:
    [Image: foz43csyvul9u467ypy_thumb.png]

This one would be great as well.

(12-29-2010, 03:57 AM)sev Wrote:
    (12-28-2010, 05:35 PM)Samual Wrote: Although I missed seeing Bommel's model (links are broken)

I had a copy of the viewport screenshot:
    (image)

This one would be great as well.
    Ehhhhhhh X_X I think it would need retextured and perhaps some details would need to be changed first, imo it doesn't really fit Xonotic's theme currently even though it is futuristic etc... But i'm not the art director ;-) -- I'll ask Diabolik about it later when I get the chance.

This is a model by theShadow that we plan on using for the minstanex. Its just using a placeholder texture right now which is why it looks funny ingame. Problem is we need someone who can create a uvmap of it and a nice texture for it as well.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg86/...tro_v2.jpg
    [Image: mfxfvqx2n0yg31fd4yg0_thumb.jpg]
    [Image: knmnxgccxvc0le6dks_thumb.jpg]

Its got that destructive look to it. I had originally tried to put bommel's model, but there were too many issues with the texture map and the model that I can't remember right now.

EDIT: Sorry should've mentioned that it wont be as bulky as it looks in first person. I quickly rigged that to see what it would look like in game.

Possibly Related Threads…
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      [SUGGESTION] Country flag next to user login on forums Majki 9 9,418 04-10-2012, 07:25 AM
    Last Post: unfa