Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
More dynamic environment

(01-03-2011, 02:17 PM)C.Brutail Wrote: It's very easy and primitive actually Smile Every tile has a trigger_multiple above it, that activates a func_door, that is hidden inside the floor. When you step in it, the door raises, and only moes back, when you leave the trigger.

Haha, I wasn't expecting it to be that easy Tongue
[Image: 370.png] AKA [~] John Smith on Nexuiz

Yesterday I've made all the barrels on Red Planet explosive Smile
Here's a pk3, so you can test it:
http://beta.xonotic.org/autobuild-bsp/re...a7365e.pk3
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

DOUBLE POST FTW!

Im in ur office, distroying puterz.

Problem?

Bahaha win C.Brutail :O

moar? Stormkeep could use it too :O

A computer chassis than can take 4 shotty blasts point blank? I need that.. it'd allow me to kick my rust bucket as much as id like to Big Grin Cool stuff C.Brutail, keep it coming Smile

(01-02-2011, 04:39 PM)unfa Wrote: And if players would gain a capability to grab and throw objects (barrels, crates, bricks, pavement, pipes, tires, planks) - it could be possible to block some corridors with tactical barricades or stack boxes to reach some hidden power-up or gun.

Who has time to run around and stack stuff in the middle of a deathmatch? Hidden guns and power-ups also tends to give some players an unfair advantage. Advantage should come from skills, not hidden guns.
It could be fun but i could also easily ruin the game experience if it's overdone.

I'm all for a more dynamic environment, but we would probably need more ammoboxes because everyone would run around and waste their ammo on computers and walls.
Also, every fps game MUST HAVE exploding barrels!
Why always the fighting?
*clack*

Breakable glass would be very nice Smile
[Image: 370.png] AKA [~] John Smith on Nexuiz

Nice work CB Smile

Breakable glass would be pretty cool for some area's of maps I guess.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Latest video of destructable computers:

"Vile thread, long since forgotten! Arise, arise by moronic power and stalk the forum once more!"

Breakable glass would be nice, however, can it be done using DarkPlaces? I remember that Quake didn't have that feature, while Quake 2 did have breakable glass. If it can't be done easily, maybe one could implemented a sort of "force field" (compare "Star Wars" Wink) that breaks down after a certain amount of SMG or SG bullets hit it (while reflecting other ammo like crylink) and takes e.g. 5 to 10 sec to reset (maybe flickering while resetting Cool) might be a nice feature that would make the map a lot more interactive. It could also be put on the floor like a trap in proximity to quad damage. Sounds cool doesn't it!
"If your killer instincts are not clean and strong you will hesitate at the moment of truth. You will not kill. You will become dead marines and then you will be in a world of shit, because marines are not allowed to die without permission. Do you maggots understand?" - Gunnery Sergeant Hartman

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dynamic handicap Lyberta 23 18,936 09-28-2017, 01:24 PM
Last Post: mini
  We need more alien and robot player models! MirceaKitsune 25 27,117 11-17-2011, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  More bots perredition 9 8,908 08-16-2011, 03:12 PM
Last Post: perredition
  We need more difference in map themes! MirceaKitsune 35 39,125 08-12-2011, 03:41 PM
Last Post: forseti
  More Engine Suggestions - Different Lighting Handling master[mind] 13 15,821 04-04-2011, 09:36 AM
Last Post: Morphed
  Dynamic Lights Seperated? master[mind] 3 4,348 11-12-2010, 08:19 PM
Last Post: tZork