Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Introducing ulp (eventlog parser)

After nearly a year of working on ulp, I'm happy to announce the first beta-release of it. ulp is an eventlog parser for xonotic and that other game, that can be easily extended as well as modified.

At the moment, the parser is ought to be able to catch everything ( it comes with a test suite ), and can log results ( except the ones for the scoreboard at the moment ) into an sql database.

ulp is written in Python and requires Python >= 2.6; the core-parts should also run on Python 3.x.

ulp can be found at http://bitbucket.org/coh/ulp/ , and the built documentation, including an install guide for xonotic, resides currently at http://cohdev.patshead.com/ulp/doc/ .

Beta-testing, patches and pull requests are very welcome.

And at last a big thank you to the people who already contributed Smile

Enjoy.

Hooray! :-)

Excuse my lack of understanding Tongue what is a eventlog parser? Does that help us record player data to an online server?
There's nothing better than getting off you butt and contributing to a community. There is no excuse when it comes to computers. Spend a little of you playing time, giving back Smile

hey, you finally made it! Congrats.
We chatted a bit about it in another life.
So as a first application: what about a map occupancy grid?? Wink
Fat.bot.Slim

(02-08-2011, 06:06 PM)Cuinnton Wrote: Excuse my lack of understanding Tongue what is a eventlog parser? Does that help us record player data to an online server?

an eventlog parser parses the additional data in a logfile on a server which are output to it when setting sv_eventlog to 1. The description of that format is linked to in the OP.

(02-08-2011, 06:45 PM)Rage_ATWM Wrote: hey, you finally made it! Congrats.
We chatted a bit about it in another life.
So as a first application: what about a map occupancy grid?? Wink

thank you.
wait, what? you reincarnated recently? Wink
Eventually yes, it only requires a server vm patch to get the data, an additional parser chunk and finally something to render it.

ULP was born from a conversation I had with dyin. I was curious to know how many votes each map got on my server (HOCTF). I also wanted to learn Python. So dyin offered to demonstrate how to write a simple event log parser in python. Afterward, he decided to turn it into a project with loftier goals and ULP is the result.

Almost a year later and ULP appears to be a solid event log parser that is designed to be extended to do all sorts of things. The first test that I ran (with cudyin's help) was counting the map votes on my server, which I successfully did a few days ago. Right now, I have it outputting to a text file, but I'm about to test out the SQL output soon. From there, I'll play around with grabbing other statistics from my event logs.

I really hope other server admins or python developers within our community take interest in the project so the features can improve. Dyin has put a lot of effort into the project.

Congrats dyin. It is a fine piece of code Smile

(02-09-2011, 03:53 AM)dyin Wrote: wait, what? you reincarnated recently? Wink
Yep. Please parse it.

(02-09-2011, 03:53 AM)dyin Wrote: Eventually yes, it only requires a server vm patch to get the data, an additional parser chunk and finally something to render it.
So you need... what... 2 days? Ok, 3 days. Tongue
Fat.bot.Slim

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing Player Badges Antibody 91 84,367 12-19-2018, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Antibody