Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac OS X 10.6.3 released

Why is this relevant for Xonotic? Because of the following snippet from the change log:
Quote:General operating system fixes and improvements provided for:
  • [...]
  • [compatibility issues with OpenGL-based applications
Also OS X 10.6.3 brings (partial) support for OpenGL 3.0.

With some luck this will help perform the game better on the OS X platform.

oh cool, *to the update!*

[Image: sig2.png]
Check out my site: www.alisdairrankine.com!

The engine does not yet use the OGL 3.0 (or 3.x, 4.0) rendering path.. maybe in the future..
But maybe that compat fix does something Smile
Real signature is still in production!

Hello guys,

I am an old Nexuiz player and Mac OS X user.
In the past, I tried 2 or 3 times to find help in the Nexuiz forum for my purpose to change some Darkplaces code and make it fit better with Mac OS X.
For example the use of Carbon that is an obsolete API and risk to be deprecated with every new release of Mac OS X. Other changes are related to OpenGL extensions used in Darkplaces, there could be some differences with Apple reccomendations that could be worth to be investigated.

I don't know, the state of the current code, but if it is still based on Carbon I think that Xonotic project could be a good opportunity to change it.

I am looking for Mac OS X developers interested in help making Darkplaces and therefore Xonotic work better on Mac OS X.

P.S. It could be interesting. In the past I did build successfully Darkplaces with Xcode (no make or similar) and LLVM enabled.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible to edit maps on Mac OS X Lion? 300zxkyle 2 5,376 04-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Last Post: theShadow
  SDL Mac Install For Xonotic GIT SkyHookers 0 3,385 08-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Last Post: SkyHookers
  Mac OS X, NSGL (Cocoa) based port of Nexuiz Ender 11 21,287 06-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Last Post: merlijn