Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waypoints for maps missing them (aggressor, darkzone, campgrounds_b4, solarium)

Hello,

I've tinkered with in-game waypoint editor and added a few to some of notable maps that were missing them. It's a bit of a hackjob, so movement is far from perfect but at least bots now move on named maps.

Attachment contains waypoints for maps:
-aggressor,
-campgrounds_b4,
-darkzone,
-solarium.

Files must be put in xonotic/data/data/maps folder . If anyone has extra waypoints to add or improve some of these, feel free to do so and submit results.

EDIT: added more waypoints into darkzone and campgrounds. Bots still got stuck in some points before, they also grab more items now.

Attached Files
.zip   maps.zip (Size: 5.71 KB / Downloads: 4)

solarium has waypoints in current autobuild version.

..perhaps I should post that...
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Funny, because I downloaded one yesterday, and I didn't even have a solarium by default. In fact, updater wiped any maps I put in the /data folder, but at least I had a backup.

The version of map I "worked" on was downloaded on Jan 9th.

(01-22-2012, 12:54 PM)rafallus Wrote: I've tinkered with in-game waypoint editor and added a few to some of notable maps that were missing them. It's a bit of a hackjob, so movement is far from perfect but at least bots now move on named maps.

how did you defined which maps are notable?
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

(01-23-2012, 05:40 PM)Cortez666 Wrote:
(01-22-2012, 12:54 PM)rafallus Wrote: I've tinkered with in-game waypoint editor and added a few to some of notable maps that were missing them. It's a bit of a hackjob, so movement is far from perfect but at least bots now move on named maps.

how did you defined notable?

"Notable map", definition (context-dependant): any map that can be found in this list:
-aggressor,
-campgrounds_b4,
-darkzone,
-solarium.

Notable = played those before (including Nexuiz releases) and found that ports had either none or insufficient amount of waypoints (for the record, it may still be insufficient, hence I'm saying feel free to improve if necessary).

What's the problem with that? I'm guessing you feel ignored, since I didn't include your new map. But given your strict anti-waypoint policy, I'm surprised you care.

(01-23-2012, 07:53 PM)rafallus Wrote: What's the problem with that? I'm guessing you feel ignored, since I didn't include your new map. But given your strict anti-waypoint policy, I'm surprised you care.

Careful with assumptions about other people's feelings, as they are easily (mis)interpreted as aggression :o)

Nice that you took your time to make waypoints for those maps!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

try the newest version of solarium on autobuild.

also, the reason you didn't have it when you updated is because it's not an "official" map. however, I hope to change that soon.
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

(01-23-2012, 07:53 PM)rafallus Wrote: What's the problem with that? I'm guessing you feel ignored, since I didn't include your new map.

there are quite a bunch of maps with out waypoints. i was just wondering what makes them notable compared to others.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Thing is:

1)I have not played every single map in the world (and I probably never will)
2)I'm not any sort of oracle to decide for everyone, which maps are noteworthy and which are not (which shouldn't even be stated explicitly).
3)Following list isn't even pretending to be exhaustive (you may note "some of" in an original post).

As for autobuild, indeed, got newer version even today, but if solarium is meant to be added, I'll just wait and see. If those files come in handy for anybody, then good. That was a whole idea behind the topic in the first place.

(01-24-2012, 08:36 AM)theShadow Wrote: try the newest version of solarium on autobuild.

(01-24-2012, 07:30 PM)rafallus Wrote: As for autobuild, indeed, got newer version even today, but if solarium is meant to be added, I'll just wait and see.

theShadow probably had map autobuild server in mind, not Xonotic autobuild.
look here: http://beta.xonotic.org/autobuild-bsp/?n
you can find the latest versions of (not only official) maps there.
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

Indeed it does. Sweeet.

One of the best things about this game is that it IS actively developed.

PS. added more waypoints to darkzone and campgrounds, there were not enough of those, and bots still got stuck quite a bit. Files are in OP. Solarium WP can be ignored.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  missing shader files BuddyFriendGuy 0 2,677 07-05-2015, 07:19 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  Missing credit info divVerent 7 9,184 08-23-2011, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Taximus