Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Comic !

3., then 2.
Better safe than sorry.

Wha?
I'd say go in.

Also, Herb should try checking in ~/.wine/drive_c/users/herb/Application Data/Visor95, and putting up a firewall blocking all incoming connections unless he says otherwise.
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

.png   e25.png (Size: 118.11 KB / Downloads: 352)

Gakly comes over to investigate what Xillion sees... Xillion ... being the nice kind of person he is admits that he has an irresistible urge to dump Gakly into the blue void.

.png   e26.png (Size: 120.63 KB / Downloads: 352)

Gakly ... confused by the exaggeration ... says that if the urge is irresistible ... then how are you resisting it?

.png   e27.png (Size: 149.43 KB / Downloads: 352)

Xillion :: ok ... she deserved it...

Gakly ... has three options

1 .. prepare to see whats in the other side
2 .. brace yourself for utter death
3 .. take Xillion with you

Smile

You could do this as TiM does the reader directed comics in CaD: give 3 options for us, and have them emailed to you. The option with the most vote wins.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

I hate Gakly so much, he is in my eyes the jar jar binks in xonotic. I vote for 2, wanna be jar jar binks doesnt have the balls to take Xillion or prepare what's on the other side, he shall realize himself he is going to die and scream like a chicken, that's what I expect from jar jar binks at least!
[Image: signature.php] [Image: DVlpo.png]

.. uh ..

@ C.Brutail I would like to keep all communication within this thread so that readers can see everyone's responses ...

... cause honestly ... sometimes the responses are funnier that the comic itself...

Gakly :: turn around.
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

Gakly :: never mind, but hope you spawn with a good set of startup weapons next time.

Gakly :: while you're at it, turn around to use the limited time you might have at the place you are now for investigating the map. It's always useful to make yourself comfortable with the environment you're in and to learn its geometry. Not that I'd expect any opportunities for trick jumps in mid-air, but still.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

.png   t1.png (Size: 272.78 KB / Downloads: 271)

Yay ... um...

no ... this is not part of the story ... the next segment will be a gif ... so it will take a bit to make ...

I was bored ... and playing with my new discovery that wacom tablets pressure sensitivity can work in inkscape ... so I decided to declare this the beginning of

pStep Chapter 1 !

name chosen to prod about how the map was named pdance back in nexuiz....

anyways ... Ill continue with the next comic shortly

current commands in stack

Shanon -- none
Herb -- tweak firewall to block out hackers
Xillion -- drop grenade after pushing out gakly
Gakly -- prepare for death -- observe upcoming surroundings.

Bonus points

to whoever can guess what will happen to Gakly ...
(hint ... hes not going to die ... yet ...)

gif time Big Grin

.gif   e28o6.gif (Size: 1.53 MB / Downloads: 213)

.png   e29.png (Size: 186 KB / Downloads: 219)

Gakly fell...

She braced for death...

But ... it didn't come ...

Instead she found herself on the other side of the elevated complex... apparently this side is exactly identical with the exception that everything is blue.

After looking back at the crate it appears that there is a warpzone inside ... Gakly hasn't seen very many of these things... Gackly does know that the Faction of Delusion used them excessively... they gave her headaches back when she fought against them as part of the Faction of Armor.

Near by someone is standing above on the platform... Gackly first thinks that it is Herb ... but then after a closer look it appears to be someone else... He/She/It is wearing blue ... the trademark color for the Faction of Accuracy... He/She/It is also holding an electro... such a weapon never misses if ones aim is true... thus boosting here theory about the faction of accuracy.... but then .... who made the warpzone ??

Last of all it appears that the for that plagued your side is coming from the middle of the complex... Gakly wonders what could cause it........

WOW ... thats alot of info

but ...

you've only got 3 options...

1 -- return through the warpzone and give Xillion a lesson...
2 -- investigate the mysterious fog
3 -- say hello to the He/She/It

In my opinion it is essential to show a little courtesy when entering a scene. So of course Gakly should say "Hi" to the person up there. I for one say "hi" first thing when I enter a game. It's something that is usually very much appreciated to do so I'd expect this to work here, too. Also chances are the person is a friendly one that might show you around if you nicely ask. I have heard rumors of players adding up for duel on IRC and ending up in a tutorial.
My Xonstats Profile

(03-20-2012, 11:34 PM)hutty Wrote: She braced for death...
Hutty++
(03-20-2012, 11:34 PM)hutty Wrote: you've only got 3 options...
Why? It's friggin blue! Kill it! You came from a red world! It's your duty! You are in a fps game after all D:

Bah, anyway, there's a blue fellow on the top which is looking at gakly, therefore he obviously wants to interact, let's stick with 3

Also Hutty, did you made that in flash and if yes did you exported a gif direct in flash? Flash sucks by doing so, try it with photoshop or gimp, those are good tools for creating gif animation files. Or if you will, let me try to export that in a better quality =D

I made the animation in synfig ... using image magic's "convert" command to turn the stack of pngs to a gif ... however the result was about 20 meg ... I use gimp and uber compressed it (animation optimizing ... reduce to 30 colors ect.) ... next-time I do an animation I will leave out the gradients ... they don't play well with the gif 256 color limit

I vote on:

1 -- return through the warpzone and give Xillion a lesson... on target practice. There's a BLUE guy on the other side! oO

... oh great ... now its a tie between

-- say hi
-- go back and get xillion
-- and Soelen's suggestion to fight the blue while unarmed ...

I vote for say hi again. Now there's two posts voting for saying hi.

Also @ soelen/CuBe0wL: where are your manners?! Tongue
My Xonstats Profile

(03-21-2012, 12:55 PM)hutty Wrote: -- and Soelen's suggestion to fight the blue while unarmed ...

(03-21-2012, 04:06 PM)Halogene Wrote: Also @ soelen/CuBe0wL: where are your manners?! Tongue

I clearly dont understand! I choosed the same option like Halogene did! Saying hello D:

(03-21-2012, 05:17 AM)Soelen Wrote: Bah, anyway, there's a blue fellow on the top which is looking at gakly, therefore he obviously wants to interact, let's stick with 3

Say Hi... You can always jump back into the warpzone!

but how to say hi ....
... (i'm trying to make this sound like im not stalling cause i have other things that need to be done atm)

- wave frantically and happily
- with her fists
- walk up slowly ... hands behind her back ... and shlyly say hi
- something on the lines of "HEY YOU ... YEAH YOU ... YOU WITH THE FACE"
- hand shake
- japanese style bow
- kiss on cheek
- HUG
- some other awkward gak related physical greeting
- flirt
- start singing nyan cat and spin around in circles hope he notices you
- romantic pick-pocketing (please don't pick that one)
- staring contest
- run up to him aqusing him of some horrendous crime
- hide and seek
- the "im watching you" two finger eye motion thing
- pretend to ignore him turning around and winking ever minute or so
- don't
- actually ignore him
- wait for him to say hi
- love at first sight
- with a headbutt
- with her secret powers
- with her ""other"" secret powers
- "hey wana see pictures of my cat"
- minecraft server invite
- a date
- say goodby first
- make an off directed comment about the weather
- OR JUST WALK OVER AND SAY HI LIKE A NORMAL PERSON

... as you can see ... i'm having trouble deciding ..

Well uhm I'd say go for option 213a here. Or wait, no, actually I'd do another thing, since Gakly makes a rather confused impression about the whole situation. Just say "Hi, I'm new to this. Awesome place, can anyone show me around a bit?".

It USUALLY works rather well :o)
My Xonstats Profile

well, in our community there's one quite obvious way for saying this:

hi ,im new

t
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

(03-26-2012, 01:43 AM)kuniu the frogg Wrote: well, in our community there's one quite obvious way for saying this:

hi ,im new

t

+1 Smile

Hi, I'm new it is!

ok ... i'll try to get this done tonight

might slip in more beautiful gifs too (don't get your hopes up though)

hi, im new

t

NOTE this post has been redone on the next page ... so anything that happens here does not really follow the storyline ... I left this here for historical reasons

.png   e30.png (Size: 137.14 KB / Downloads: 69)

Gakly think for a moment before deciding that she must introduce herself...
she tries her best

.gif   e31.gif (Size: 42.85 KB / Downloads: 69)

hi, i'm new

t

Gakly was never really that good at introductions... by the confused look on the innocent bystander she assumed that sh accidentally said it backwards... again...

The innocent bystander introduced himself

.png   e32.png (Size: 191.68 KB / Downloads: 69)

Gakly participated in a standard compliant conversation ... writing down everything she could in her note book...

Jasper stated a few things...

yes he can help Gakly escape... however ... her group must fight his group first... and win...

also he won't consider anybody worthy to fight unless they can guess his clan name ... simply by inferring on the names of the members ...

.gif   e33.gif (Size: 294.4 KB / Downloads: 71)

At this point the standard compliant conversation drifted off to talking about other things, like how long its been since someone washed the flag

so ...

lets go stalk someone else ...

but who? ...