Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mute patch

Back in Nexuiz times there was a patch adding mute/unmute commands to the server. I'm unable to get it now.

If anyone has that patch I would really appreciate if he can PM it to me.

Thx!

Just put these in your server.cfg:
Code:
alias mute "prvm_edictset server $1 muted 1"
alias unmute "prvm_edictset server $1 muted 0"

Then, just mute playernumber, for example mute 1
Playernumbers are shown in the output of "status" or "status 2"

Oh, simpler than I thought. Thank you!

FYI I actually stripped out those old aliases because I planned on adding new commands which were based off the ban system

Idea was that you could "mute ban" a player, so they can't speak based on their IP or cryptography key... I have it partly coded, but never got around to finishing it.. thing is, the banning protocol would need improvement to handle the mute bans as well, and I just don't have time.motivation to do it right now.

Could you reintroduces the aliases then? I don't see why they would be removed if there's nothing to replace them.

(05-26-2012, 10:55 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Could you reintroduces the aliases then? I don't see why they would be removed if there's nothing to replace them.
They're pretty terrible anyway, muting like that is so easily bypassed. I removed it actually after attempting to mute someone, and all they did was kept leaving and coming back... That mute method is almost pointless, tbh.

I can half-ass the commands for now I guess, but still kinda sucks that they don't really work very well.