Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Mofo] Rifle Riot [Camping Rifle/CRA]

Since I can force models now I had some fun this night with some nice people.
Only thing I wondered: Why are there only a few maps available?
I recommend to add some (and not more small, unscaled quake maps Tongue).

This is the list from UC servers (http://download.unconnected-clan.de/maps/) and I marked some maps bold, which should work well:
Quote:4forts 70mm13_01 70mm13_03 70mm13_05 70mm13_06 70mm13_07 79drdm5_beta2 above above_extended afterslime aggressorx arboria argon_a1 assigang_hq assispace_v6 atelier atomforge azalea azure_b2 BlockScape bloodprison_xon_r2 blueamuse81 breath_b7 chronic cleftvillage4 constructed_b1 ContactI controlfactor_v3 ctftoxic_v1r2 cubes-x03-r02 dance dastower40 deck16][ dieselpower DM2 dmtower dntfsanta dominatesanta downer_final downward_b3 drain dreadfulplace_v1 fickle-ctf Figure8Revisited_final flipzone fragcity g-23 gameover glowplant go_xon GreatDivide-X heavy_metal hyperspace imprisoned-final_r3 littlemexico_v1r2 loof_v2 lord-of-the-moths maze maze_of_randomness_v1r1 medley mental-gap-beta4 minideck_v4r4 minigrudge new-station_r1 nexdmlc1 nexdmlc2 oilrig ospdm1_nex_r2 ospdm5_nex_r2 peace3a peace5 Procyon2b1 psychward pushmectf q2edge q2warehouse RAWK reflection reslimed_xon_r2 revdm1 runningmanctf rush_b1 silentsiege sg-x solarium soylent_ctf_v1r7 soylentdeath1 spaceapple-v2 stormkeep stormkeepTDM strength treasureisland_v2 tripzone trust tznex03 tznex03remix vertical_beta4 vitamea_v2r1 voll_aufs_maul_v2 wacka-wacka x-evilspaceremix xoylent

Would be nice to have them I guess! Thanks.

Hey

Thanks for playing. The idea behind the server was to get more Nexuiz players to come to Xonotic which apparently there are a few that are playing it now.

I choose the maps on there as none of the other servers on here have them (well a few of the minman style maps are used on other Xon servers and the default Xon maps dont really fit the FT style, either too tight with all indoor corridors or space maps which better suit hook/minsta. Also I there are some maps that just would't work with FT in Xon. I did have Jizzy from DBC fix them but there are quite a few don't just dont show up for FT but work for TDM/DM Ill go through the lot and will be adding in some more maps in the next few days.

ATM I debating whether I should move the server from Hetzner in Germany to Rackserv in the UK. I just go a VPS in Racksrv to test Xonotic and their network and for me in the west coast of Canada my ping dropped from 180-200 to 146-160 and it would be a much nicer ping for East Coast US/Canada players while only going up a little for EU players. Main issue is cost and the hardware you get for the cost. Now I could get a cheap server from OVH in Canada but not sure if its a good idea to split it into two regions as ATM there aren't that many NA players but that could be because of the ping as west coast/california players have pretty high ping 200ms+

(06-25-2013, 09:37 PM)Mirio Wrote: Since I can force models now I had some fun this night with some nice people.
Only thing I wondered: Why are there only a few maps available?
I recommend to add some (and not more small, unscaled quake maps Tongue).

This is the list from UC servers (http://download.unconnected-clan.de/maps/) and I marked some maps bold, which should work well:
Quote:4forts 70mm13_01 70mm13_03 70mm13_05 70mm13_06 70mm13_07 79drdm5_beta2 above above_extended afterslime aggressorx arboria argon_a1 assigang_hq assispace_v6 atelier atomforge azalea azure_b2 BlockScape bloodprison_xon_r2 blueamuse81 breath_b7 chronic cleftvillage4 constructed_b1 ContactI controlfactor_v3 ctftoxic_v1r2 cubes-x03-r02 dance dastower40 deck16][ dieselpower DM2 dmtower dntfsanta dominatesanta downer_final downward_b3 drain dreadfulplace_v1 fickle-ctf Figure8Revisited_final flipzone fragcity g-23 gameover glowplant go_xon GreatDivide-X heavy_metal hyperspace imprisoned-final_r3 littlemexico_v1r2 loof_v2 lord-of-the-moths maze maze_of_randomness_v1r1 medley mental-gap-beta4 minideck_v4r4 minigrudge new-station_r1 nexdmlc1 nexdmlc2 oilrig ospdm1_nex_r2 ospdm5_nex_r2 peace3a peace5 Procyon2b1 psychward pushmectf q2edge q2warehouse RAWK reflection reslimed_xon_r2 revdm1 runningmanctf rush_b1 silentsiege sg-x solarium soylent_ctf_v1r7 soylentdeath1 spaceapple-v2 stormkeep stormkeepTDM strength treasureisland_v2 tripzone trust tznex03 tznex03remix vertical_beta4 vitamea_v2r1 voll_aufs_maul_v2 wacka-wacka x-evilspaceremix xoylent

Would be nice to have them I guess! Thanks.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

You have to put a line "gametype ft" into the mapinfo file inside a pk3 to make them work I guess.

(06-25-2013, 11:58 PM)Mirio Wrote: You have to put a line "gametype ft" into the mapinfo file inside a pk3 to make them work I guess.

We tried it all Jizzy had to fix a couple of the maps. I created new mapinfos for each map, tried both "type ft" or freezetag and "gametype ft" or freezetag. Some maps that only had gametype ft or dm need to have the time and frags limit set "gametype ft 10 20" other wise wouldn't work. Some just wont work at all.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

There is a cpm map missing on the list actually: cpm27 (will put it on the server later). It worked awesome in FT back in the 0.1 days where we played it a lot.

Which maps don't work at all? I would like to test and see if I am able to fix it. Smile

Seems for the map to show up doing fs_rescan or end match doesn't seem to work 99% of the time. I have to stop and start the server right after I install the map. Also a lot of the maps it still need a frag and time limit in the gametype ft (15 20) as for some reason some maps don't show if I don't included it.

Maybe you're not adding them to your maplist?

You can check if a map is loaded and available by doing
Code:
ls maps/*.bsp
which will list all the loaded bsps. You can do the same for maps/*.mapinfo.

EDIT: By "loaded and available", I mean ready to be put in the maplist. If it isn't in the maplist, it won't show up in map rotation.

You need to reset the map list to make it load new ones:

fs_rescan; g_maplist ""; endmatch
[Image: 230.png]

Well the first month of summer holidays killed the server populations but its back to full swing. Were back to #2 in the most active server list http://stats.xonotic.org/

I've posted this in the server management forum but I'm thinking of splitting the server into two smaller servers as with 16+ players game play gets crowded and people seems to be having trouble playing. Who wants to play always being frozen right after being unfrozen. This same thing happens on the Nexuiz servers that are maxed at 20 players. Just can't play properly especially if you are new to the game.

Not sure if I want to split the server into two 16 player servers or offer a modified version of FT. Options are Overkill and maybe Hook, Minsta+Hook which would include space maps or maybe traditional weapons.

Ok some big updates

New features

Jet Pack !!!! to use Jetpack in console type in vcall jetpack. This will end match and you can how use the hook key to fly around. To revert back to hook use vcall hook. Best map for this is UT4 Superman.

The hook has been fully modified and now no longer pulls players just frozen players just like in RM Nexuiz.

NAPALM NADES!!! Frag 3 in a row or revive 3 in a row and get a nice Pawny Napalm Nade of friendship. Screen shot blow.

Player Models now on server

Terminus

Pawnys
Fox
Renamon
Krystal

Below are screen shots of Napalm and Napalm from Jetpack.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Some more changes to make this a Full FT server and to optimize file loading on game start up.

I have removed all custom models besides Pawnys which will stay. I did this as it would take for ever for new players to join in and some of them would leave before the DL finished.

I have removed the Napalm Nades and they are now replaced wth Ice Nades to go with the FT game style.

I did have a votable jetpack on the server but it is now removed as I`ll be setting up a dedicated Jetpack server.

Zombies have been removes as they got old pretty fast lol.

The hook is now fully like in Nexuiz CRA servers and it will not pull you BUT it will pull in frozen players and is much faster than the gimped hook we had before.

(10-09-2013, 04:42 PM)end user Wrote: I will leave the other models active on the server but if you want to play them you`ll have to dl the model files to your DL cache directory.

That means anyone who doesn't have the model in their data directory will not see players using the model, but a tiny diamond instead. You don't want that.

(10-09-2013, 05:02 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote:
(10-09-2013, 04:42 PM)end user Wrote: I will leave the other models active on the server but if you want to play them you`ll have to dl the model files to your DL cache directory.

That means anyone who doesn't have the model in their data directory will not see players using the model, but a tiny diamond instead. You don't want that.

I though it defaulted to a build in model. Oh well Pawnys only it is until others are included in GIT/Packaged releases.

I've installed a Mumble server. IP is either eu.killer.xxx:64738 or 78.46.77.131:64738

Time permitting I'll be setting up a server homepage at www.killer.xxx listing all the servers and info on gametype/play for both the NA and EU servers.

I set up a second version of the FT server called Freeze Mofo [Freezetag + Vanilla Weapons] [NA] http://stats.xonotic.org/server/393 . This one is a North American based server (Montreal Canada). Weapons are normal Xonotic weapons, no power ups, no hook this time but grenades and bonus Ice nades are included. Map wise it'll contain the same maps as the camping rifle server.

A couple of updates.

A new gun model was added thanks to Mario and activated wall jumping. To use wall jump hit the jump button consecutively to make your player bounce or jump up walls/buildings. Its a strange movement but will reduce the need for laser switching when wanting to jump on platforms or rooftops.

Here's the screen shot of the rilfe model.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Alright I'm bringing the server back to an EU based location (Paris) There will be a NA (Montreal) one too for North American players.

[Mofo] Goes Camping [Camping Rifle/CRA] [Paris] IP too.mofo.sexy:26004
[Mofo] Goes Camping [Camping Rifle/CRA] [Montreal] IP totally.mofo.sexy:26004

I'm still ironing out the wrinkles. Bonus nades are ice, headshots, wall jumping, special hook to pull frozen players in FT. Player models Pony, Ubot and Terminus. Keeping the models light as not to have a monster package.

Heh found a screen shot of player count. Not the highest it was but close enough

This server is fun Big Grin

Is there a way to disable the wall jumping?
[Image: 38443.png]

(08-04-2016, 06:02 AM)SPLAT Wrote: This server is fun Big Grin

Is there a way to disable the wall jumping?

I believe there is through quick-menu but its not working atm Sad Will have to find a fix.

No way to turn off wall jumping client side. Just have to learn to like it Tongue

Added Quick Menu for selecting Bonus Nade types and player Hats. The can be accessed in game with F8. Added playe models

Pony
Ubot
Terminus

These can be changed through the games model selection.

Heh 24,227 thread views Tongue

Seems the server was crashing on some maps for a while, got it fixed somewhere some how something went wonky with an update. I now updated the GIT and SMB mod and so far no issues.

All future discussion should go here as this thread will be locked https://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=7511

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [ MoFo ] Servers Master Thread end user 5 4,956 11-27-2020, 09:33 PM
Last Post: end user
  [MoFo] With A Shotgun [Shotgun Only] end user 12 14,497 08-19-2017, 02:22 PM
  [MoFo] Gear Grinder [Vehicles] end user 26 17,709 08-19-2017, 02:19 PM
  [MoFo] Pick Me Up [Montreal] Pick up server end user 3 4,085 11-14-2015, 10:47 PM
  [MoFo] Foul Play [Overkill Mod] North America end user 4 4,707 11-09-2015, 03:12 PM
  MoFo is back! Mario 0 2,796 02-25-2015, 12:26 AM
Last Post: Mario
  [ Drive Mofo ] Vehicle CTF Server end user 5 6,943 03-01-2014, 05:12 PM
  Jetpack + Overkill server [ Fly Mofo ] end user 0 2,829 10-09-2013, 04:51 PM