Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another RCON IRC bot

I've written a new IRC bot which supports Rcon connections to Xonotic servers.
The bot itself has been something I have been coding for a few months but the rcon support is quite new so there may be bugs or missing features.

Sources: https://github.com/mbasaglia/Simple_IRC_Bot/

Most feature can be enabled, disabled or tweaked to fit specific needs.

General Features:
  • Support different behaviour on different channels
  • Advanced user rights management
  • Miscellaneous "fun" stuff
  • Storing and delivering messages to offline users
  • Integration with Challonge for tournament management and map picking
  • Integration with Rcon
  • Show help about available commands

Rcon Features:
  • Chat message from/to IRC
  • Executing specific commands
  • Executing arbitrary commands
  • Calling/Stopping votes
  • Show list of connected users
  • Show server status (users, ping, current gametype, map)
  • Find installed maps matching a regex
  • Managing bans
  • Allow players to send a message to server admins
  • Show server errors
  • Notify when a server goes offline and comes back online
  • Show players joins/parts (customizable strings to select which info is shown)
  • Show a nicely formatted score table on end match
  • Show gametype and map name when a match starts
  • Viewing vote calls/results
  • Show player nick changes

If the server runs the ESK mod pack IRC JOIN/PART/QUIT/KICK/NICK can be shown in-game.

Currently only support for rcon_secure 0 is available and I've only implemented things I need so far so rcon2irc.pl may have more features.

Setting it up for multiple server on either different channels or in a single channel is pretty simple.

We are using it for the EAC servers on #eac.xonotic and for cup management in #eac.cup

The bot is written in PHP with an Object-Oriented design, while actual documentation is scarce, most classes and methods are documented in code.

Neato, and you licensed it under AGPL too!

Do you have any interest in contributing this to the project? I'm sure Samual will have no interest with it because he wants to have such features be part of the engine, but maybe talk to other devs.

Secure rcon would be a huge plus. Consider implementing that, it really shouldn't be too hard.

(03-22-2014, 01:09 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Do you have any interest in contributing this to the project? I'm sure Samual will have no interest with it because he wants to have such features be part of the engine, but maybe talk to other devs.
Sure, is IRC the best medium to contact them?
Even if basic IRC integration becomes built-in it may still be interesting to experiment some more advanced stuff with this bot, like integrating the tournament manager and rcon to have fully automated cups.

(03-22-2014, 01:09 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Secure rcon would be a huge plus. Consider implementing that, it really shouldn't be too hard.
I have already started experimenting with the secure 1 protocol, but I preferred to give higher priority to the actual bot stuff to see if it'd work nicely. Once I have enough time I'll make sure to finish this.

I guess the #xonotic channel on freenode would be the best way. Talk to divVerent or merlijn. I know div is not too familiar with PHP but he might still find it interesting.

I've implemented rcon_secure, rcon_secure 1 works fine but rcon_secure 2 does not: it looks right and the server doesn't give the "denied rcon access" message yet it does nothing

Update: both secure protocols work now.

A small update:

There were some bugs in the example configuration files but they've been fixed.

The bot has been adopted by a few other admins, now it runs for all the servers by EAC, Clanexe and the ProStylers.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IRC Problems with autobuild -maniac|Su- 0 227 01-25-2024, 01:25 PM
Last Post: -maniac|Su-
Big Grin Is it possible to change bot names from console, without changing bots.txt? YottaMxt 0 1,501 11-12-2022, 07:57 PM
Last Post: YottaMxt
  I need bot commands for lobsiding teams DazeyDream 1 3,369 05-09-2018, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Zilor
Thumbs Up rcon and bots billyjoe 3 3,622 04-13-2017, 12:08 PM
Last Post: billyjoe
  new irc for all duel servers Ch4mp 3 4,742 08-07-2016, 03:13 AM
Last Post: end user
  using rcon with ${....} TheGoodGamer 6 5,605 05-24-2015, 02:51 AM
Last Post: TheGoodGamer
Brick Shell script to execute rcon commands Melanosuchus 0 7,262 06-05-2014, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Melanosuchus
  rcon command resets bots, gamtype etc. darkzun 12 11,703 10-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [WIP] Xon_Rcon - In-Game Rcon Tool sqamsqam 12 13,304 06-20-2013, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Rcon via HLSW Problem Highlander 11 14,507 10-20-2012, 06:08 PM
Last Post: kidx