Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rcon command resets bots, gamtype etc.

Server runs gametype DM, minstagib, hook enabled, but when I use chmap "xxxx" the map starts without bots, no minsta etc. I'm doing something wrongTongue

What about some specifig info for us to see? like a config, i dunno =)

What happens when you don't use chmap, but instead wait for the current map to end or use endmatch?

Does it happen with all maps?

(09-29-2013, 04:02 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: What happens when you don't use chmap, but instead wait for the current map to end or use endmatch?

Does it happen with all maps?

No problems if I wait for the next map. Bots stay and it keeps running DM like it should.

I'm using chmap to a DM supported map in my map list (no custom maps).

The server.cfg is almost default, only rcon pw, disabled voting and some other stuff that should not affect this.

Can you give me instructions to reproduce the issue from a clean config?

(09-29-2013, 04:55 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Can you give me instructions to reproduce the issue from a clean config?

I can mail you the server.cfg. Everything else is default. Server and client 0.7.0, default maps, server.cfg located in \data, server_windows.bat launches server, nothing edited in config.cfg.

- starting server
- launching game on different computer
- rcon pw in client
- playing! setup is correct according to server.cfg
- and then...using chmp XXXX
- everything seems fine, but bots are gone, minstagib gone (default DM weapons), etc. nothing comes back before I restart server. It seems like it now uses the default server config.

Would it help if I also send you server.log that only contains log from playing on working config and using chmap once?

There must be some basic knowledge I don't have.

Sure, send me your config. You can attach it to this thread, or if you don't want it to be public send it to me through the forum's PM system (wrap it in [code] tags). In any case, don't forget to change the rcon password in the file before sending it.

Blush Started thinking...how do I know when the command is sent as rcon and when as normal client? I forgot to use [ rcon chmap XXXXX ]...without rcon I guess it's only my client that changes map.

Dont' know why I said earlier that the server needed restart...probably because the bots where diconnected, but again, thats just because they never want to be alone, and when I diconnect/change map, they are.

Sorry for all the language errors...I'm norwegianTongue

After typing rcon pw in the client, I still have to use rcon before rcon commands?

Yes. If you do "chmap blaha" w/o "rcon " in front, your client will disconnect from the current server and launch a new "private" server on your client with the map requested. The server's still the same except for you not being connected to it anymore. Any command you want to execute on the server via rcon must be preceded with "rcon ".

Thank you Mr. Bougo and tZork! Time to frag someoneSmile

Hehe, I'm glad you worked it out, I was seriously troubled there. Funny mistake you made there, but that's how you learn Wink

That's the scary thing with noobs...we ask complicated questions that seems unlogical, and the problem escalates out of proportions. Keep all possibilities open when I ask something...hehe!

Trying to find a good thread about hosting custom maps, but can't find answers to my question. I have read the mapdownload.txt but...

If any of you have a thread that explains this, please tell.

I'm not gonne make my own maps, just want to use maps from an existing webserver like http://delight.vapor.com/maps/xonotic/

I thought I could "put sv_curl_defaulturl" in the server.cfg file with for example "http://www.urltoawebserverwithmaps.com/xonoticmaps/", and then insert mapnames in the maplist. Apparently not.

Do 0.7.0 support maps made for 0.6.0?

(10-03-2013, 11:32 AM)darkzun Wrote: I thought I could "put sv_curl_defaulturl" in the server.cfg file with for example "http://www.urltoawebserverwithmaps.com/xonoticmaps/", and then insert mapnames in the maplist. Apparently not.

"put" is not a command. You want this in your server.cfg:
Code:
set sv_curl_defaulturl http://delight.vapor.com/maps/xonotic/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Since updating server from 0.8.5 to 0.8.6 the bots act weird Syntax-Error 0 1,498 09-15-2023, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Syntax-Error
  [SOLVED] Bots not added topas-rec 3 931 03-31-2023, 03:16 PM
Last Post: topas-rec
Big Grin Is it possible to change bot names from console, without changing bots.txt? YottaMxt 0 1,501 11-12-2022, 07:57 PM
Last Post: YottaMxt
  how to have blue team only with bots and red team 1 human player and 2 bots billyjoe 7 7,394 09-04-2021, 11:53 AM
Last Post: AndK
Information [SOLVED] Server stops when I close command prompt on my PC Jewel 1 2,069 06-01-2020, 07:11 AM
Last Post: Jewel
  Colored Names on Bots Topher 3 3,483 01-20-2019, 06:52 PM
Last Post: 3agle427
  Any other command like "status"? billyjoe 1 2,380 04-15-2017, 09:21 AM
Last Post: -z-
Thumbs Up rcon and bots billyjoe 3 3,623 04-13-2017, 12:08 PM
Last Post: billyjoe
  sometimes bots stand still and not move at spawn lister 3 3,731 09-30-2015, 05:07 PM
Last Post: lister
  Why do not the bots on the server? SysoevDV 13 12,430 07-14-2015, 10:27 AM
Last Post: It'sMe