Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
kojns video tips and creation thread

Quite a few people have asked me about AbsolutioN and also how I do the frame-blending effect in Aim-Spawned!

Below is a link to a video I made. The video explains how to create the same/similar look to how AbsolutioN looks like.

I also talk about very quickly using virtualdub and show the post-processing effect used on AbsolutioN in Premiere Pro.

The video is here:
Kojn Movie Tips - AbsolutioN Effect

With regards to the video, I think you can maybe set bump-mapping etc and dynamic lighting on from looking at the AbsolutioN video - You will need to have a play around to see what suits your tastes best, it's just geometry detail that needs to be set to the lowest when you use the xonotic competitive package asyyy created I think. Again, have a play around with the dynamic lighting settings, deluxe mapping or whatever it's called.
The config for that needs to be executed before hand.

I also briefly talk about how to get the motion-blur effect as shown in Aim-Spawned - here

And here Xonotic Community Movie 2 - test clip

You can find the simpleitems pk3 I used:
Simpleitems PK3

Any questions feel free to Ask away Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Yay! Big Grin Now ppl, start makin some quality movies! 8)
Using some of your stuff on my demorecordings (though all those things with movie-making programs are totally quantum-physics to me) still +1 though =)

Good work, mister Big Grin
Now go work with the Community movie[!]

(02-18-2014, 05:24 PM)kojn^ Wrote: Any questions feel free to Ask away Smile

Are you going to release the community movie? [Image: chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png]

Hey, thanks for sharing! (Y U NO dsitribute the latest pk3 i sent you >Wink , anyway np Tongue)

I'm not sure where that pk3 is machine, I can't seem to find it :|
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

(02-21-2014, 04:29 AM)kojn^ Wrote: I'm not sure where that pk3 is machine, I can't seem to find it :|

*subtle avoidance of mirio intensifies*

I just started playing today. How do I enable brightskins? also how do I change the crosshair? The in-game options are very limited :/

Is there a cvar list available?

I would love to have my game look like yours kojn, are you able to provide your config?

Thanks.

edit: oh just found the multiplayer options I didn't realize! The models and crosshair settings are there.

But can anyone link me to asyyy comp package please?

(03-01-2014, 04:30 PM)Feyla Wrote: But can anyone link me to asyyy comp package please?

the link is broken here, where it used to be:
http://www.xonotic-gaming.org/index.php/...ackage-v1/

but you can get a part of it, if you really want to, the competitive mappack(pretty outdated as well; most maps on here have new versions, plus you can get all the maps you need via autodownload): http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?pid=46800

it's really better to just configure for yourself though via the HUD editor, gl_picmip_world, etc then through some one-size-fits-all setup

(03-01-2014, 04:30 PM)Feyla Wrote: I just started playing today. How do I enable brightskins? also how do I change the crosshair? The in-game options are very limited :/

These options are both availiable in-game in the menus.
Anyway take a look at Halogenes newbie corner
http://www.xonotic.org/2013/09/halogenes...erception/
How to Englich?

(03-02-2014, 08:34 PM)fa1nt Wrote:
(03-01-2014, 04:30 PM)Feyla Wrote: But can anyone link me to asyyy comp package please?

the link is broken here, where it used to be:
http://www.xonotic-gaming.org/index.php/...ackage-v1/

but you can get a part of it, if you really want to, the competitive mappack(pretty outdated as well; most maps on here have new versions, plus you can get all the maps you need via autodownload): http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?pid=46800

it's really better to just configure for yourself though via the HUD editor, gl_picmip_world, etc then through some one-size-fits-all setup

I think you're right, gl_picmip_world was what I was after, thanks. And HUD editor is pretty good.

(03-03-2014, 02:43 AM)cvcxc Wrote:
(03-01-2014, 04:30 PM)Feyla Wrote: I just started playing today. How do I enable brightskins? also how do I change the crosshair? The in-game options are very limited :/

These options are both availiable in-game in the menus.
Anyway take a look at Halogenes newbie corner
http://www.xonotic.org/2013/09/halogenes...erception/

Thanks for the link, some useful commands in there!

I have it set up pretty much the same as my Quake setup was now, which is great. One thing, is there another .pak for simple items? I'm not keen on the one with text for weapons etc.

(03-03-2014, 09:56 AM)Feyla Wrote: Thanks for the link, some useful commands in there!

I have it set up pretty much the same as my Quake setup was now, which is great. One thing, is there another .pak for simple items? I'm not keen on the one with text for weapons etc.

I am hard at work on a redesigned one which should be out soon(hue school got in the way), there is machine's one up top if you want, kind of crude looking but it should work if you are desperate in the meantime Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Console Tips & Tricks BlaXpirit 29 65,833 02-13-2021, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Aguaumreal
  Remove HUD from video but keep frag msg's? end user 3 5,509 10-14-2014, 05:46 AM
Last Post: Mirio
  Video Creation Tips & Tricks Antibody 10 28,417 11-07-2012, 12:33 PM
Last Post: rocknroll237
  Heads up display thread Lee_Stricklin 4 9,591 12-28-2011, 06:44 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  Video Configurations in the Settings Menu .Danny. 4 7,100 03-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Last Post: The mysterious Mr. 4m