Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I just now noticed...

I just now seemed to notice that I'm number 16 in the Duel leaderboard after 3-4 weeks of playing. I didn't know that was even possible that quick. I would expect around 500-1000 or so duel matches to even get so high.

http://stats.xonotic.org/ranks/duel?page=1

It depends who are you playing, also there are a lot of inactive guys so their elo points are dropping.
Some only play strong players to improve, lose often, thus their elo does not look that well.
And it is kinda wishi-washi, because the different modes (Vanilla, Minsta, Overkill and so on) are not seperated.

I think it is becuase when you are new your elo change more drastically, so if you only play less good players (but still with not super low elo) when starting out you quickly get up the scoreboards. After a while your elo will be more stable, hence ive stayed between 900-1000 for quite a while now even though sometimes losing a couple of matchees in a row against people with less elo.

Quote:And it is kinda wishi-washi, because the different modes (Vanilla, Minsta, Overkill and so on) are not seperated.

It would be cool to have separated ranks for different modes (Vanilla, Minsta, Overkill...).
Obviously this is pointless with the current player base, but this can be a good idea for the future IMO.
[Image: 18382.png]

@machine - if he's on the ranks, he's past the 32 game quota and thus is stable already. By stable, I mean that his Elo K-value is not getting a boost.

@Rasputin and others - The idea of separating Elos (from which ranks are derived) comes up from time to time, and I'm not entertaining it. The sheer number of game mode combinations would mean an explosion in the XonStat UI that would hurt everyone. If anything I would exclude any non-vanilla games and servers from Elo calculations, as that's the only "common ground" to stand upon. People don't like that idea either, which is why Elo is the way it is today (with all modes mixed).
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

I don't know how to make everyone happy, but if you want to succeed, you must piss someone off.
erebus minstanex erebus Angel

(04-08-2014, 02:35 PM)Antibody Wrote: @machine - if he's on the ranks, he's past the 32 game quota and thus is stable already. By stable, I mean that his Elo K-value is not getting a boost.

Okey, but if he manage get lots of elo while the K-value is boosted, then he could get high on rank once past 32 games? (sorry for my ignorance, I guess its covered in your posts about XonStat)

Climbing up the ranks isn't really difficult with current amount of active players. It's a quick climb to a certain point (top 10-20), but then it starts slowing down as quickly as it accelerated. Higher up you get, more opponents you're gonna have draining your elo from below. I lose 20-35 elo points from every loss regardless the skill level of the opponent Smile

nvz is just good =) I personally never made it past 650

GJ nvz, a cpl of more months and you'll be a new spindadizzypcl hybrid

Don't worry too much about it if you don't want to go crazy.

Once you reach the top10, you gain very little elo per win, and loose a ton if you ever loose a game or just don't do very good.
I'm talking about gaining 0.1-0.5 elo per match you win and loosing 10-30 elo per loss...
[Image: 12766.png]
Sucks at weapons

I notice I gain a lot of ELO while beating top players and gaining nothing now while beating anyone outside of top 20(or very little).

That's a feature, not a bug...

Elo part 1
Elo part 2
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just a thank you for the help. SEEK-fried 13 7,851 01-30-2024, 05:12 AM
Last Post: Halogene
  Xonotic nominated for Linux Game Awards March 2014, VOTE NOW! poVoq 3 6,163 01-28-2014, 01:48 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Just wondering. kammy 1 2,472 10-01-2013, 04:59 AM
Last Post: dizzy
  The Xonotic Bot Orchestra is now OPEN! divVerent 4 6,025 01-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Woah, where did this voodoo come from and why did I just now notice it? Lee_Stricklin 5 5,244 12-02-2011, 02:33 AM
Last Post: divVerent
  Why are reflections so fast now? Fireball 2 3,233 09-18-2011, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Fireball
  Is it just me.. or has Netradiant gone? Spyroviper 8 7,290 12-26-2010, 02:31 AM
Last Post: Spyroviper