Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Join my Xonotic Mumble Server!

Hello people! I just made a Mumble server for Xonotic players! The server is currently running on a Raspberry Pi 2 Wink Join in at vertx.mooo.com! be sure to have a proper certificate, please.

Not to be rude, but why Mumble instead of Teamspeak, or even Discord (I know you can't really host Discord on your own hardware, but it's got a lot of nice features and a great UI)?

Mumble is lighter, it has better quality and as a software is just tenmillion times better. Never used TS myself, only when i've _HAD_ to join there. Happy to see ppl using mumble more nowadays Smile

Wish i could talk english, could join talking there!

I use Mumble for the reasons Thimo gave. I just want something that is much lighter to fit on the Raspberry Pi.

(01-14-2016, 12:03 AM)thimo Wrote: Mumble is lighter, it has better quality and as a software is just tenmillion times better. Never used TS myself, only when i've _HAD_ to join there. Happy to see ppl using mumble more nowadays Smile

Wish i could talk english, could join talking there!

Hmm... I've used Mumble and TS, I have to say TS is far more accessible and easier to set up, as well as it has a better UI (although that's not saying much -- both are ugly as sin). I can't comment on how light Mumble is compared to TS, but Teamspeak is already incredibly lightweight in terms of CPU and RAM usage. I know that every little bit counts though when running something off of low-spec hardware like a Raspberry Pi, so if the difference is that big between the two's hardware usage then I guess that makes sense.

Mumble is poor, but I like how it's easy to install and manage.

I'm waiting for the version 3.
Then I migrate from TS to Mumble.

Sounds great. I approve of using mumble. Will join it when playing Son.
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

The server seems to be offline. I have one running at petabyteboy.de too if anyone needs a server..

(01-13-2016, 08:43 PM)Slick Butter Wrote: Not to be rude, but why Mumble instead of Teamspeak, or even Discord (I know you can't really host Discord on your own hardware, but it's got a lot of nice features and a great UI)?

Mumble is also open source, which does matter to some people.

Mumble server created and is free for anyone to join. The Xonotic devs are free to add it to their webpages to get newcomers and non-forum users to join.

Server: mumble-us.cleanvoice.com
Port:39697

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile TeamSpeak and Mumble Server sponsored by [unconnected] jack 3 6,440 06-28-2013, 02:52 PM
Last Post: N1mbus
  Teamspeak and/or mumble servers to use for Xonotic? rocknroll237 7 9,836 06-06-2013, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  come join us crazy people in australia chooksta 6 7,679 02-08-2011, 04:08 AM
Last Post: ...