Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xonotic Democall

So I figure we are going to need to have some videos showing exactly what xonotic is. We should have at least two, I think, one that shows a typical xonotic game, and the other just several awesome frags one after another (think nexuiz homepage video).

In this spirit, please post your xonotic demos here (indicating whether for frag reel or typical game) and I'll make consistent videos from them (720p, consistent effects) and at some point someone will choose which videos should be posted on the website.

You can probably use omploader for demo hosting, but I'm not certain. Just no rapidshare or any other service which makes people wait for downloads Tongue
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

This would make more sense, once there is an actual Beta release of Xonotic.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

(06-21-2010, 06:52 AM)kojn^ Wrote: This would make more sense, once there is an actual Beta release of Xonotic.

+1

That... yes.
I'll bump this thread when that happens.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

(06-21-2010, 07:34 AM)Fisume Wrote:
(06-21-2010, 06:52 AM)kojn^ Wrote: This would make more sense, once there is an actual Beta release of Xonotic.

+1

+2

In all seriousness, when I read the title initially I thought it says "Xonotic Democats". If there is one thing Xonotic needs, its more illiterate cheeseburger loving felines.
Hey, want to learn to map? You might want to start here and here!

I have a professional videography on hand to help assist with editing. We we have more resources to pass along, please contact me.

Along with this, I would like to see some kind of "gameplay show-off" when two teams play against each other (CA, CTF etc.) and someone makes an (shortened) video of this battle. This is just for showing "playing Xonotix is a damn lot of fun" and giving some kind of overview about the game. Third-person view could be also okay with this video.

This Killzone 2 Multiplayer Montage is somehow that what I'm thinking. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g8PK9t26L4

And just to clarify myself, this would be just a second video besides the "official" video.

Sepelio Wrote:+2

In all seriousness, when I read the title initially I thought it says "Xonotic Democats". If there is one thing Xonotic needs, its more illiterate cheeseburger loving felines.

Was this really necessary, particularly after I agreed?

(06-21-2010, 03:53 PM)-z- Wrote: I have a professional videography on hand to help assist with editing. We we have more resources to pass along, please contact me.

Once I have something to give you, I'll contact you.

(06-21-2010, 04:13 PM)Exitium Wrote: Along with this, I would like to see some kind of "gameplay show-off" when two teams play against each other (CA, CTF etc.) and someone makes an (shortened) video of this battle. This is just for showing "playing Xonotix is a damn lot of fun" and giving some kind of overview about the game. Third-person view could be also okay with this video.

This Killzone 2 Multiplayer Montage is somehow that what I'm thinking. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g8PK9t26L4

And just to clarify myself, this would be just a second video besides the "official" video.

Yes, a short video for each gametype showing important moments in the game (taking flag, returning flag, defending fc, etc. for CTF) would be a good idea. In the final video, there could also be a short message in the bottom left corner of the video indicating what the current player is doing (taking flag, defending fc, attacking fc, etc.).