Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 4.37 Average
Screenshots of what you're doing.

I smell stargates! gj CB!

(07-18-2010, 02:33 AM)tankmiche Wrote:
(07-17-2010, 04:55 PM)Roanoke Wrote: Only nex is bigger than the player model. Nex should be that big because it is a *high damage weapon*. It should not look like a water pistol - it should look like something that could take you out in a single shot.

This is the point.

The rocket launcher doesn't shot an immediate ray that can kill you from the other side of a map, that's the other point.

Noooooo. . .

The point is a character waving around a fucking I-Beam infinitely fast whilst simultaneously running around at olympic speeds could not be mistaken for anything besides a joke.

So then throw out all the extra shaders, textures and modeling precision, and use only cel shading to fit your intentionally comical proportions. Because this wouldn't fit any art style that isn't a full on cartoon.

Never mind the fact that half the time, this thing would be interpenetrating the map geometry because it protrudes so far outside the player bounding box. But hey that major graphical glitch should happen because it's a *high damage weapon*. How could anyone with ADHD tell it's a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player get's within 3 meters of a wall.

Also the rocket launcher dishes out loads more damage both directly and through splash damage, than the nex, that's the other point.
(04-01-2010, 11:21 AM)Roanoke Wrote: Yes, beveled edges are more futuristic. Like BSG and their beveled paper.
But only on one edge.

This thread is not for arguing about the new weapon model flaws. Please knock it off.

(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: Also the rocket launcher dishes out loads more damage both directly and through splash damage, than the nex, that's the other point.

Yeah, but it just "launches rockets" right? How hard is that? Tongue
Now the Xon rifle has to contain massive electronics to hold that charge
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

[Image: hptxade5gnjy9z85l9vc.jpg]
[Image: qg4dt46gxnbzz27l8nfc_thumb.jpg]

Running man retexture? Very nice.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

Looks good C:

[Image: test43.png]

maybe a new vehicle? but i need some texturing and rigging knowleges..
(and its only highpoly for the render)
atm i can define the poly amount with the subsurface thingy...

Hm, I don't think a plane would be a good idea. Planes have this annoying quality of having to always be in motion to stay up.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

of cause but for long distance and a dogfight would be cool

But maps aren't long enough to comfortably accommodate a plane (there's already an aerial vehicle in the works).

the engine wont handle maps with the needed size.

there are also jets who can start along the z axis (F 35 B Fighter) can stand in he air and so on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNwHFEdLB1I

[Image: 3u2eqpbrygjkp9ig39x_thumb.jpg]
[Image: v9nrhv7y3hcy75yui0wf_thumb.jpg]

some extra details on red_planet, although I still need to figure out how to do spark effects for shorting electricity? could someone give me an example? I'm not sure how to make it using func_pointparticle Sad
There's nothing better than getting off you butt and contributing to a community. There is no excuse when it comes to computers. Spend a little of you playing time, giving back Smile

[Image: nc61ht2p3uahmxrxk862_thumb.jpg]
WIP DM/duel map

WOW, radical Fruitiex and Cuinton, nice work.
How are you guys doing this ... I'm like :0
nomnomnomnonmonm:
"the best trolls are indistinguishable from idiots"

Reminds me of a trem map now Tongue

Fruitiex and Cunnington. Wow, looking good!

(07-30-2010, 05:17 PM)Roanoke Wrote: But maps aren't long enough to comfortably accommodate a plane (there's already an aerial vehicle in the works).

There most certainly are maps that are large enough to handle a plane. I can think of four off the top of my head.

But we already have an air vehicle...
and I always hate it to handle planes in a game Big Grin
Helicopters or some small spaceships are much better!
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

Oh my sweet zombie jesus! Nice work!
How I love thee, sweet devs. Heart

hmmm... what I'm doing?
just rendering something with blender
[Image: boxesg.th.png]
some boxes o.O Big Grin
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

[Image: boc1xwcnce4vri0yawa_thumb.jpg]

My first ever foray into the mapping business! Recently, I've been messing around in the various modes of contribution. Got a few mediocre textures, a few pretty flimsy map ideas, some time spent fuming in frustration at Blender's UI, and then after a while this pile of junk showed up on my screen! I've basically been using this map as my way to get more used to NetRadiant and mapping in general, and after quite a while spent tinkering and altering, I think I might actually have something solid in the works. I got some positive feedback to these screenshots in the IRC, so I decided I'd head over here and repost them because that made me feel good.

[Image: xonotic000100.th.jpg]
[Image: xonotic000101.th.jpg]

Still have some prettifying and space-filling to do, and it still lacks item placement, then I'm pretty sure it'll be done. This mapping thing is kinda fun. Big Grin

Vede that is looking very nice!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Weapon shader isn't doing as I'm intending to do LegendGuard 0 1,031 04-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  Videos of what you're doing. FruitieX 134 152,488 04-01-2017, 04:50 AM
Last Post: SpiKe