Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Xonotic BitTorrent Download

Hi. I've created a BitTorrent download for Xonotic. I have already compiled the Windows build for it. I have included the full source files and everything that came with it. For people who want a faster download; BitTorrent is the way to go. Just cd into the Xonotic directory and run ./all run from msys.
Instructions are included in the download.
EDIT: I took down the Torrent because no one is downloading from it, causing its efficiency to be less than the actual Git repository. If you would like to download Xonotic; please use the automated build system (for Windows); or just use the straightforward git command for Linux, and run ./all update to download and ./all compile when done. My batch files will still work for Windows; after you have build using MSys or the automated build system.
Here are the promised Batch files (use after download has completed, no MSys required; you can use Tortoise SVN to update the download from the Git repo to the latest version). Place them in your Xonotic/xonotic folder. These batch files will be used to start the game on Windows (not needed for Linux; because it is SO easy to compile the game on Linux)
Click here for batch files!

Of course it is legal, it's GPL'd code.

If I understand you correctly, this is basically the xonotic git repo?
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

(07-14-2010, 01:43 PM)Roanoke Wrote: Of course it is legal, it's GPL'd code.

If I understand you correctly, this is basically the xonotic git repo?

Yes it is. I will edit my post now and provide the link.

Uh, what's the point, the build is already outdated :X

Windows users should use the automated build system at http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=712 or be a little patient while I work out a persistent non-portable solution Smile

Mod Edit: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=666 thats the actual link to the build system Tongue

The point is for the user to get a snapshot of the SVN quickly, and if it's already outdated they can easily and quickly update to the latest version; without having to download the whole thing from the GIT repository (which seemed a bit slow).

(07-14-2010, 03:39 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Uh, what's the point, the build is already outdated :X

Windows users should use the automated build system at http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=712 or be a little patient while I work out a persistent non-portable solution Smile

You just linked to this exact same topic. Angel
(07-14-2010, 03:41 PM)IDWMaster Wrote: The point is for the user to get a snapshot of the SVN quickly, and if it's already outdated they can easily and quickly update to the latest version; without having to download the whole thing from the GIT repository (which seemed a bit slow).

Ehm, this torrent is even slower. Tongue

[Image: clip12.png]
Xonotic Assasins!

Quote:<tChr^nsb> home
* pughar gives tChr^nsb a cookie
<Liquid-Sin> no cookies for me?
<pughar> gave the last one to him Smile
<Liquid-Sin> my luck...

Also, it's not SVN, it's GIT.

(07-14-2010, 07:45 PM)Silverburn Wrote: Also, it's not SVN, it's GIT.

Whoops; I always get SVN, BZR, and GIT confused!

If we are going to be pedants, it is not GIT, it is Git Tongue
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

Fixed MrBougo's post with the correct link.

hm... just a naive question: wouldn't it be possible to only get the .exe and dll's, so as to have a first overview of the game, without having to run some batchs and stuff?
I would understand the "naw, it's still in dev!!" argument. Tongue
Fat.bot.Slim

You can't have a simple overview of the game: it's not done yet, there's no finished map included, and the servers are empty.
If you want to test xonotic, you must be willing and ready to manipulate some files.

There should be a nightly build system!
Xonotic Assasins!

Quote:<tChr^nsb> home
* pughar gives tChr^nsb a cookie
<Liquid-Sin> no cookies for me?
<pughar> gave the last one to him Smile
<Liquid-Sin> my luck...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where can I download the binary file of GMQCC compiler? Xonotics 19 14,552 04-17-2018, 05:15 AM
Last Post: Xonotics
  Download? sin1star 11 13,235 12-06-2010, 06:16 AM
Last Post: master[mind]
  Does anyone have a download link for the Frozen Colors map? greasem0nkey 8 7,756 12-03-2010, 07:28 PM
Last Post: greasem0nkey