Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geo Map @ Moddb Homepage

I have been working away at creating very thorough implementation of Quake 1 in the Quake 3 map format (same version 46 as Xonotic).

I made this myself
[Image: pawned2.gif]

I made a Hotel map with Tuhma vending machines.

[Image: map_a1000_hotel.jpg]

And I modified Xonotic Geoplanetary with some single player challenges

[Image: map_a1000_geo.jpg]

Traffic to the page went up a ton ... I couldn't figure out why ...  then I saw ...

.jpg   modd.jpg (Size: 65.12 KB / Downloads: 77)

Moddb put it on their homepage, haha.

The article I wrote has a pic of Solarium waterfall:

[Image: zzwater.gif]

Add:  Might as well link up the article

https://www.moddb.com/mods/quake3-quake1...mod-scroll

You made it yourself? It's so impressive to me, especially the waterfall. I like it. I also want to design myself but it's so challenging to me.
Robert here geometry dash subzero

I made the "Pawney's" building map and the Hotel map.

The waterfall is a picture from the Xonotic map Solarium, which I did not make.

> I also want to design myself but it's so challenging to me.

It is challenging and a lot of work. You are definitely not alone.

is it possible to get netradiant to recognize all the available entities? downloaded it a few months back (along with a build of the zircon engine) but radiant was only able to list the stock q1 entities.
pearl best idol (not pictured); pfp found randomly online

(01-07-2024, 08:39 PM)anoob Wrote: is it possible to get netradiant to recognize all the available entities? downloaded it a few months back (along with a build of the zircon engine) but radiant was only able to list the stock q1 entities.

I use the J.A.C.K. map editor.

I've tried NetRadiant a few times in the past.  The last time last year or so I gave it one last serious go, I decided that I would never load it up again under any circumstances.

Trenchbroom has Q3 map support except for patches last time I've checked.  J.A.C.K. will do patches just fine, the user interface of J.A.C.K. is great but it can be touchy (crash) at times and it isn't open source at this point.

(01-07-2024, 10:41 PM)Baker Wrote: I use the J.A.C.K. map editor.

I've tried NetRadiant a few times in the past.  The last time last year or so I gave it one last serious go, I decided that I would never load it up again under any circumstances.

Trenchbroom has Q3 map support except for patches last time I've checked.  J.A.C.K. will do patches just fine, the user interface of J.A.C.K. is great but it can be touchy (crash) at times and it isn't open source at this point.

good to know, i'll look into trenchbroom sometime then (iirc they did get patches half working some years ago but haven't checked since).
pearl best idol (not pictured); pfp found randomly online

(01-11-2024, 04:09 AM)anoob Wrote: good to know, i'll look into trenchbroom sometime then (iirc they did get patches half working some years ago but haven't checked since).

They actually did an update of J.A.C.K. according to the changelog, it has fixed the few things that crashed the editor on occasion!

Windows: https://www.moddb.com/games/quake/downlo...73-windows

Linux 64: https://www.moddb.com/games/half-life/do...nux-64-bit

TrenchBroom is a fine map editor and I hope to write up some stuff for it, however I started with Worldcraft 1.6 (ancient) which later became Valve Hammer, and the J.A.C.K. controls and keys and everything fit my instincts.

(01-07-2024, 10:41 PM)Baker Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 08:39 PM)anoob Wrote: is it possible to get netradiant to recognize all the available entities? downloaded it a few months back (along with a build of the zircon engine) but radiant was only able to list the stock q1 entities.

I use the J.A.C.K. map editor.

Thank you for the information. I will investigate trenchbroom at a later time. I believe they had patches that were partially functional a few years ago, but I haven't checked since then.